Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I mean the main gripe with me and it seems everyone else is from the eyes to the neck. After that it's just minor stuff like the caster being small etc. But if you display it with the bio or breather it looks fine to me. Definitely love the paint

Beware that the head connects in a very different way. The old one is not on a ball joint...

Yeah, there sure need some modify jobs to connect the old head to the new body.

They'll 50% chance get back to you, but it'll be a 98% chance of a "we'll forward it to our development team" bullcrap response

yeah, they probably do that.
Or just ignore my mail...

The paint app on this one is truly phenomenal... but the head sculpt (for me) is the most important thing on ANY figure. No matter how perfect the paint app is, if the head sculpt is not accurate..it just doesn't look/feel like the actual character.

I really didn't think this many people would be upset over the headsculpt inaccuracies..usually they all just bend over and take it. :lol

But yeah, I wonder if all of these complaints will persuade them to resculpt it or throw on the old head...similar to Falconer's falcon.

:goodpost:
Agree.
The head sculpt is the most important part of any figure.
Also, i will display my City Hunter with unmask so an accurate head sculpt is very important for me.

Same here. As long as the sculpt is at least 90% there in terms of accuracy (which I'd say it is), the paint apps and quality easily compensate for the missing 10%. You can have a great sculpt like on the original P2, but if it's coated in this...

IMG_7603.jpg

...the paint apps leap out at me before I even have a chance to realize it's an accurate sculpt. As good as this would look unpainted, the final product doesn't make me think of P2 as much as the new version does.

I know this old head sculpt was not very accurate but at-least better than the new head sculpt. And if this old head sculpt apply with the new paint scheme, it will looks far more better as well.

with all the unhappiness with this p2, i wonder how many are still excited about the new 1/4 predators coming out.

I am totally no expectation and interest on HT 1:4 figure, it will be too large and very expensive...yet might not accurate as usual.

A3TERM_992john.jpg

"Why the hell did you do that??"

Because you [practically] told him to. ;)

:goodpost: Which means Goose has to do what I say. Stand by for further instruction :exactly:

Don't say I didn't try and help you out.:pfft: :lol

with all the unhappiness with this p2, i wonder how many are still excited about the new 1/4 predators coming out.

We've come to expect these issues as the norm on the 1/6 Preds. 1/4 Preds are completely new though and if if they can't be bothered to use screen references when sculpting then what's the point in having a blown up version of one Pred used over and over with a different paint job?:dunno

sounds like masturbation.
"get it in hand and suddenly no girl needed".
quit accepting sosangs handjobs :)

I was specifically referring to the old HT and the Neca paintjobs with that comment.

I don't like the way Tsang takes it upon himself to reimagine the Predators either as far as the sculpting goes.

I'm willing to let HT do their thing with the Losties since an accurately-colored Guardian wouldn't look too good next to the P2 (you might as well buy two City Hunters and mod the Guardian mask onto the second one).
Plus Ram has more of a Guardian color in the film with blue dots on top of it all, but even NECA went with a full-body blue. I dig it, personally. Imagine how eye-popping the display will be with each one looking different.

I'm just hoping Shadow and P2 won't look too much alike once they're both on display.

Once again, for collectors who don't care about accuracy.
Thats a bit pointless. You can have collectors who really care about accuracy far more than the downers who go into every HT thread nitpicking items to death but they still appreciate a good variant.

If you were to be an accuracy nazi in this case you would have to question the sanity of the person who would buy a P2 and an "accurate" gort because they are the same figure with a different mask. Im sure the majority of folk would 9 times out of 10 welcome the guardian repaint over repackaging p2 with the gort mask. In fact im pretty sure it would cause outrage.

I dig it, personally. Imagine how eye-popping the display will be with each one looking different.

You see, that will look good on display but for me, for example; I just want one City Hunter Predator to display as a stand alone Pred to represent the film. Hence why I'd like more accuracy. Fair enough right?:dunno

The guardian predator skin color looks nothing like the HT one. While this one is reds/browns and pale buff HT was greys and black

Not a good thing

I love HT paint scheme on Guardian. That was major selling point for me. He's so mysterious. I call him Ghost Pred. :cool:

He has his own motives. He doesn't follow orders. Niether friend nor foe. He will not join you in battle but always watching from the shadows. He attacks without warming and vanishes before you even know it. Was he there? WAS HE?! You can't trust.... The Ghooooossssst :panic:

If you were to be an accuracy nazi in this case you would have to question the sanity of the person who would buy a P2 and an "accurate" gort because they are the same figure with a different mask. Im sure the majority of folk would 9 times out of 10 welcome the guardian repaint over repackaging p2 with the gort mask. In fact im pretty sure it would cause outrage.

Yup. That's the funny part. There's NEVER a consensus with these things.

I was specifically referring to the old HT and the Neca paintjobs with that comment.
understood.
well, i loved even my first predator - mcfarlane predator 2 - when i took it in hand :lol
He has his own motives. He doesn't follow orders. Niether friend nor foe. He will not join you in battle but always watching from the shadows. He attacks without warming and vanishes before you even know it. Was he there? WAS HE?!
Mouse.jpg

:rotfl

Thats a terribly unflattering lighting of the old head. I mean, I know its the same paintjob mine has but when I see mine right in front of me it just doesn't seem that horrific. Just like every NECA figure for that matter. Pics online generally look grotesque as far as paint...get them in hand and suddenly they're acceptable.

No, when you have to myspace angle it to hide its flaws, it's just terrible. I purposely light the figure from the top to avoid those godforsaken eyes.

dsc02572ja7.jpg

The new NECA P2 I don't have a problem with, it looks outstanding from every angle.

Thats a bit pointless. You can have collectors who really care about accuracy far more than the downers who go into every HT thread nitpicking items to death but they still appreciate a good variant.

I doubt them making it accurate would cause an outrage. That makes no sense. Well, the clueless people would probably throw a big fit because they don't know anything about the predator. Didn't HT just reuse the same heads for Snake, Classic and P2 (with some extra P2-specific details)?

Gort had P2's skin color in the movie..that's what I want him to look like.

I liked HT's paint app on him..but that's not Gort. It's frustrating when you want it to be accurate, but because he has the same skin colors as P2, it can't be.

I don't nitpick any HT figures, by the way.

No, when you have to myspace angle it to hide its flaws, it's just terrible. I purposely light the figure from the top to avoid those godforsaken eyes.

dsc02572ja7.jpg

The new NECA P2 I don't have a problem with, it looks outstanding from every angle.

That's the mandibles the new one should have, definitely reminds me when he's patching himself up in the bathroom.

I love HT paint scheme on Guardian. That was major selling point for me. He's so mysterious. I call him Ghost Pred. :cool:

He has his own motives. He doesn't follow orders. Niether friend nor foe. He will not join you in battle but always watching from the shadows. He attacks without warming and vanishes before you even know it. Was he there? WAS HE?! You can't trust.... The Ghooooossssst :panic:

LOL

I have to agree with you on these points. I'm kind of divided, because I'm all for accuracy, but it on other side the Guardian looks cool because of the color scheme, as a matter of fact he's one of my all time favourites. Same color scheme than Pred 2 would have not suited the helmet design so well, this grey-white kind of bends all together.

So for once (please don't tell my friends lol) I'm in for the artistic license.:)

He has his own motives. He doesn't follow orders. Niether friend nor foe. He will not join you in battle but always watching from the shadows. He attacks without warming and vanishes before you even know it. Was he there? WAS HE?! You can't trust.... The Ghooooossssst

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtKxDLmpjXQ[/ame]

Back