Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh dear...It gets worse.:(

If HT do the new City Hunter like this then i will be very happy.

Old P2 head with new HT paint scheme:
522284_10150649820017344_58690437343_9476263_188813872_ncopy.jpg

522292_10150649820097344_58690437343_9476264_375541280_ncopy.jpg

Now that's the City Hunter!!
Hope HT will see this and take any action to improve.

By the way, HT never reply me since my e-mail had been sent to them 1 week+ ago.
In that mail i got provided many photos that proved many inaccurate parts on HT new P2.

It gets better.:yess:

If HT do the new City Hunter like this then i will be very happy.

522284_10150649820017344_58690437343_9476263_188813872_ncopy.jpg

522292_10150649820097344_58690437343_9476264_375541280_ncopy.jpg

Now that's the City Hunter!!
Hope HT will see this and take any action to improve.

By the way, HT never reply me since my e-mail had been sent to them 1 week+ ago.
In that mail i got provided many photos that proved many inaccurate parts on HT new P2.

OH YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:panic::panic::panic:

but everything else is very very terrible :(:(:(
sosang is evil :monkey2

They'll 50% chance get back to you, but it'll be a 98% chance of a "we'll forward it to our development team" bullcrap response

Definitely the least of my worries. Accurate paint scheme and the armor was/is more important to me. And so far it looks like HT addressed those issues. So far. Who knows what it'll look like once it's actually released.
The paint app on this one is truly phenomenal... but the head sculpt (for me) is the most important thing on ANY figure. No matter how perfect the paint app is, if the head sculpt is not accurate..it just doesn't look/feel like the actual character.

I really didn't think this many people would be upset over the headsculpt inaccuracies..usually they all just bend over and take it. :lol

But yeah, I wonder if all of these complaints will persuade them to resculpt it or throw on the old head...similar to Falconer's falcon.

No matter how perfect the paint app is, if the head sculpt is not accurate..it just doesn't look/feel like the actual character.

Normally I would agree, but in cases like this where the figure has a masked option, for me it's irrelevant. Because I never display Preds without their Bio's.

If it's a figure that doesn't have a covered portrait then yeah, sculpt is definitely important.

I understand peoples frustration about the sculpt i.e. those who DO want a accurate, mask-less display option. Just saying, for people like me it doesn't matter since it's not something we'll ever be looking at for long. Probably a few minutes out of the box and then it's masked up for 100% of the time.

Definitely the least of my worries. Accurate paint scheme and the armor was/is more important to me. And so far it looks like HT addressed those issues. So far. Who knows what it'll look like once it's actually released.

Same here. As long as the sculpt is at least 90% there in terms of accuracy (which I'd say it is), the paint apps and quality easily compensate for the missing 10%. You can have a great sculpt like on the original P2, but if it's coated in this...

IMG_7603.jpg

...the paint apps leap out at me before I even have a chance to realize it's an accurate sculpt. As good as this would look unpainted, the final product doesn't make me think of P2 as much as the new version does.

Same here. As long as the sculpt is at least 90% there in terms of accuracy (which I'd say it is), the paint apps and quality easily compensate for the missing 10%. You can have a great sculpt like on the original P2, but if it's coated in this...

IMG_7603.jpg

...the paint apps leap out at me before I even have a chance to realize it's an accurate sculpt. As good as this would look unpainted, the final product doesn't make me think of P2 as much as the new version does.

Thats a terribly unflattering lighting of the old head. I mean, I know its the same paintjob mine has but when I see mine right in front of me it just doesn't seem that horrific. Just like every NECA figure for that matter. Pics online generally look grotesque as far as paint...get them in hand and suddenly they're acceptable.

with all the unhappiness with this p2, i wonder how many are still excited about the new 1/4 predators coming out.

with all the unhappiness with this p2, i wonder how many are still excited about the new 1/4 predators coming out.

I'd say the only thing they'll have over the 1/6s is obviously their size and they'll probably have light up wrist computers in addition to the targeting lazers in the biohelmets.

Normally I would agree, but in cases like this where the figure has a masked option, for me it's irrelevant. Because I never display Preds without their Bio's.

If it's a figure that doesn't have a covered portrait then yeah, sculpt is definitely important.

I understand peoples frustration about the sculpt i.e. those who DO want a accurate, mask-less display option. Just saying, for people like me it doesn't matter since it's not something we'll ever be looking at for long. Probably a few minutes out of the box and then it's masked up for 100% of the time.

co-sign that

Back