Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this figure aging well for those who have this? I'm looking to add this in my collection.

Mine’s holding up fine as well. Only issue is the waist joint is a little loose, but mine came like that and is something that is not confined just to this figure, my Scar slightly does also.

That's nice to hear. I doubt there'll be a version 2.0 for this so getting this over the classic first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the 2.0 version. There was a 1.0 normal and BD version. They also made a semi-2.0 JH (original Predator) with Classic Predator from the film Predators.

The 1.0 was a kit or something right? Yeah I'm still hoping they make a proper jungle hunter.

Mine’s holding up fine as well. Only issue is the waist joint is a little loose, but mine came like that and is something that is not confined just to this figure, my Scar slightly does also.

Do you have the p2 elder 2.0 and is his waist a little loose? My mine is and it bugs my OCD. Was thinking about getting another one, but wanted to know if it's a widespread issue, before I do.

The 1.0 was a kit or something right? Yeah I'm still hoping they make a proper jungle hunter.

I’m not exactly sure, but I’m going to say yeah being that most of their earlier figures were kits.

Do you have the p2 elder 2.0 and is his waist a little loose? My mine is and it bugs my OCD. Was thinking about getting another one, but wanted to know if it's a widespread issue, before I do.

No, the waist isn’t loose on my P2 Elder 2.0. However, I think a loose waist seems to be a thing on Pred figures in general, and isn’t necessarily confined to one specific figure. Like I mentioned, the waist is loose on my CH 2.0 when bending forward or backward, and slightly loose on my Scar 2.0. Every other joint on both is pretty taut.

On my Classic, the thigh joints are slightly loose.

Everything is taut on P2 Elder and Berserker though.

6480d8c57fd55ba0143b75d3d0c02bbc.jpg

Not sure if anyone can help me with this but I’m looking for a bottom small piece of the mouth for my City Hunter, been looking on eBay for awhile with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or any extra?

Got this figure yesterday for a good price. I really like it. One thing that is really bad is the way the shoulder cannon is mounted. The swivel looks like it was stolen from a Hasbro figure. It should be wayyyy shorter and slide up and down. Probably has been mentioned years ago on here but looking at it right now I can't understand why hot toys made it this way.

Yeah, the plasmacaster is my main gripe also. There’s not much detail to it and looks like it was done half ass.

But overall, I really like this figure as well.

One thing that is really bad is the way the shoulder cannon is mounted. The swivel looks like it was stolen from a Hasbro figure. It should be wayyyy shorter and slide up and down. Probably has been mentioned years ago on here but looking at it right now I can't understand why hot toys made it this way.
McFarlane 2003.

pZG0ZWz.jpg

Hot Toys Predator 2, 2008 (?)

EF7naEP.jpg
jez56SR.jpg

same long ugly post with a micro midget cannon.

like the mask, it should be immediately replaced with tylerdurdem's custom.

gzEiWVk.jpg

zNsmHOH.jpg

McFarlane 2003.

pZG0ZWz.jpg

Hot Toys Predator 2, 2008 (?)

EF7naEP.jpg
jez56SR.jpg

same long ugly post with a micro midget cannon.

like the mask, it should be immediately replaced with tylerdurdem's custom.

gzEiWVk.jpg

zNsmHOH.jpg

Stolen from McFarlane 😁. I had that McFarlane figure a long time ago. Couldn't remember it had the same swivel. If read many good things about tylerdurdems customs. Wonder how much it would set me back. Is he still in business with this?

The mask (IMO best Predator mask) is what makes this figure. If you can get a custom one, get it and never let go. Then you can worry about the cannon. However, TD's legendary kit provides both. 20170525_011545.jpg

Got some inspiration from Neny Dee and tried a repaint. Very happy with the results!

Take a look and let me know what you think!

Looks really nice, great job.

Did you apply some sort of gloss to the dreads at all? They look relatively shiny.

Back