Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evildancesb.gif

tumblr_m5404jjOi21qddo22o4_250.gif

Well...I know I posted that I would be passing on this Hot Toys City Hunter Predator, but I caved in and went ahead and Pre-Ordered this anyway. :cool: It was I that did indeed say that one can never have too many Predators and that is a statement I will stand by until my wallet burns up. :devil:

True this particle Predator is not exactly the most unique Pred that Hot Toys has put out but at least this one does have the new body type and just overall much better quality materials when compared to the old school Predators.
I was not aware that this one came with a rebreather and an extra arm that is mutilated...so that is good news to me.
I have never been one of those collector's where a particular figure or sculpt has to have the same exact dimensions as in the movies they were created from...as long as they are kick arse looking I will buy them eventually.
Looking at the pictures to me this City Hunter looks like a revamped "Guardian Predator" just (unfortunately) does not come with the same cool looking mask the Guardian Predator came with...instead just kind of a bland looking generic mask instead. Still it does have a unique look to it and I guess in Predator 2 this mask is designed off of that one? I can't remember but I never cared for the second movie so I am not going to watch the movie again to check.

Either way I will be selling my Guardian Predator soon so if anyone is interested I will have that posted in the "Marketplace" by tomorrow sometime.
This City Hunter should look perfect displayed next to the "Shadow" Predator. :)

Last edited:
this particle Predator is not exactly the most unique Pred that Hot Toys has put out
I have never been one of those collector's where a particular figure or sculpt has to have the same exact dimensions as in the movies they were created from...as long as they are kick arse looking I will buy them eventually.

to me this City Hunter looks like a revamped "Guardian Predator" just does not come with the same cool looking mask the Guardian Predator came with...instead just kind of a bland looking generic mask instead.

speechless_omg_zps68f5a0ac.gif

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures to me this City Hunter looks like a revamped "Guardian Predator" just (unfortunately) does not come with the same cool looking mask the Guardian Predator came with...instead just kind of a bland looking generic mask instead. Still it does have a unique look to it and I guess in Predator 2 this mask is designed off of that one?
Joseph Tsang?

People are ganging up on me again...why!!! Did I mention I have OCD??
Lol...yes I said I would pass on this figure then I end up Pre-ordering...I say he is not unique, then I say I think he is unique...I think I need help. :cuckoo:
Honestly I don't care about my OCD I embrace it there is no med in the world that will cure what I have except for being a collector. :)

EDIT: The OCD comment was just a joke! Apparantly my sense of humor sucks. Now please no more pm's *****ing me out because I hurt their feelings. What I meant was being a collector I feel like I have OCD because I have almost no impulse control especially when it comes to my favorite figures which are the Hot Toys Predators. At first I did not see anything special about this figure...after looking over the pictures over and over and having some time to think it over I changed my mind on the figure.
There I don't have to explain myself anymore I love this hobby and this message board I will try my best from here on out not to make enemies.

Last edited:
Best bit of advice for anyone entering this thread.:lecture :wave

Why? Personally I thought Predator 2 was horrible. I realize the Predator 2 figures are supposed to be based off this movie and if they are not up to par with the movie and it really bothers someone then don't buy them... but why should it be necessary to watch it?

OCD or not, I really don't care.
You're still human, right?! And this isn't a Red Cross forum.
I have "problems" too but will never talk about 'em publicly bcuz I don't want any kind of special condescending attitude.

This a cult classic no matter what. A smart and competent sequel.
Not to mention that this is the only "post Predator" Predator related movie the essence of which wasn't affected by miserable AVP comics.

There's alot of ppl not liking or even hating this movie. It bombed back there bcuz of such.
Yet here it is - seventh Hot Toys P2 figure.

Why? Personally I thought Predator 2 was horrible. I realize the Predator 2 figures are supposed to be based off this movie and if they are not up to par with the movie and it really bothers someone then don't buy them... but why should it be necessary to watch it?

I'm confused; do you want this figure then?

Joseph Tsang?

:rotfl

Just this particular line caught my attention..

to me this City Hunter looks like a revamped "Guardian Predator" just does not come with the same cool looking mask the Guardian Predator came with...instead just kind of a bland looking generic mask instead.

I mean I buy things because I like the source material, so I was caught a little bit off guard when you asked whether HT was trying to base the mask on the Predator in P2. :wave:lol

Back