Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the difference between the normal version and extended version?

I've only seen the extended version, but from what I understand...

Spoiler Spoiler:

So yeah. If that really is what the extended version did, then it is required viewing to fully enjoy the movie in my opinion.

Last edited:
I realised the more I looked at the prototype pictures of BabyDoll, the more it grows on me and I actually feel that the HS was pretty good.
It does not strike u immediately at once but the longer u view her HS pictures, the looks are there but definitely not 100%, maybe around 85% at the moment or so. :clap

Amber is of Korean descent... & also the first 1/6 Korean (race) figure by HT ... by a Korean face sculptor talent.
except that gentle giant, a non-asian company, also did amber first before sweet pea & rocket. i think this has to do more with whose likeness and license got approved first, and less with an asian company preferring to do asian face first.

Yeah I saw Sucker Punch the other day and the name of the movie says it all. You see the movie wanting hot women doing awesome stuff and that's exactly what you get. You then get totally attached to the cast and get punched in the face in the ending. No band-aids. No medicine. Just one big punch to the face.

The Extended Edition is a necessity. I am shocked people were mad about what it added to the movie. I feel like it helps add to Baby Doll's character. Unfortunately, it also makes the sucker punch hurt all the more.

The more I think about it though the more I like it. It was a very unique movie, flawed, but ultimately very memorable. Thee is also a ridiculous amount of both foreshadowing a very minor symbolism in almost every scene, from the way the camera moves during conversations to the pictures on the walls of most of the rooms. There's so much that there is probably no way you could point all of them out. It's pretty cool when you notice them though. A lot of them are really subtle.
this is the first time i heard the word "subtle" used for sucker punch. it's a non-movie. girls are all great, but they're given nothing to do but look sexy and shoot and stuff.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So yeah. If that really is what the extended version did, then it is required viewing to fully enjoy the movie in my opinion.

Saw that last part too but only on youtube haha. Thanks for that explanation!:wink1:

Just saw this HT female body for sale.
https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-T...509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bc1152fd

I wish she had that lips
TTF%201_S.JPG

IMG_689951_G.jpg

:love

Sometimes, I wish Hot Toys would do more enemies and grunts. For example, with Iron Man 2 we never really got any enemy robot releases. With this movie, I really wish we could get the samurai with the gatling gun and perhaps even some of the other enemies, but I know it would never happen.

I know they don't want to waste time and resources on licenses, but when it comes down to it we always get a lot of action people to pose, but very rarely do we actually get things to pose them with. Having Baby Doll hold a dynamic pose with her katana is nice and all and having her dropkick Bruce Lee is cool, but it would be nice to actually have her be fighting something she fought. That's definitely asking too much though.

Last edited:
Sometimes, I wish Hot Toys would do more enemies and grunts. For example, with Iron Man 2 we never really got any enemy robot releases. With this movie, I really wish we could get the samurai with the gatling gun and perhaps even some of the other enemies, but I know it would never happen.

I know they don't want to waste time and resources on licenses, but when it comes down to it we always get a lot of action people to pose, but very rarely do we actually get things to pose them with. Having Baby Doll hold a dynamic pose with her katana is nice and all and having her dropkick Bruce Lee is cool, but it would be nice to actually have her be fighting something she fought. That's definitely asking too much though.

:goodpost:

That is exactly what i want, sometimes the villain is more iconic than the hero, we are sorely lacking in HT villains.

I want:

Doc Ock
Whiplash MK 2
Azazel
Revolver Ocelot

I feel like these figures are getting more dynamic these days so that we can have them in fight scenes and dioramas instead of just generic displays, but we still don't have the necessary things for those dioramas and battle scenes. or the most part, we are almost always missing a battle facial expression. Here's a figure that actually has a battle face, but nothing to fight. Kind of lame I suppose, but we are making progress.

:exactly:

I would be cool to have that diorama! :monkey1

Back