Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it the fault of the reseller or the duties and taxes you guys get slugged with? I feel for you guys, being a European collector must suck balls.

Both. Buying from BBTS is often cheaper, even with the shipping costs of 31.24 $. And we can often find lower prices from other American resellers. But for a HT figure, if we have to pay custom duties, it can represent half of the original price. So it become more expensive than our local resellers...

And buying from SSC means custom duties...

For example, from one of the least expensive reseller, with the Iron Man 2 unleashed figure :
https://www.reservoirtoys.com/hot-toys/1702-iron-man-2-mark-ii-armor-unleashed-version.html
179.90 € + 8 € = 187.90 € = 265.57 $
Bad side: No refund on preorders, no delayed payment with credit card

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10349&mode=retail
194.99 $ + 31.24 $ = 226.23 $ = 160.06 € if no tax
Bad side: The risk of custom duties, no way to know the exchange rates between $ and € when the order will be charged, package not tracked to try to avoid import taxes

(322.40 $ not shipped from forbidden planet :rotfl)

:gah:

On the good side, it's really hard to become addicted because of the prices...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Baby Doll

So who is this again?

263441_101804846585206_100002670721437_6419_1657760_n-1.jpg
emily-browning-baby-doll-suckerpunch02_500_333_100.jpg

(in my opinion) The figure doesn't look like her... :slap

It looks like her. It just doesn't look exactly like her. She has a unique face. Minor discrepancies stand out.

The sculpt is excellent, but it isn't perfect. :dunno

I still think if they just make the upper lip bigger and maybe have the eyes appear a bit bigger she'd look a lot better.

I think they would do the changes necessary to fix this one up, but I don't think they will fix Amber (she'll be like Dastan)

It looks like her. It just doesn't look exactly like her. She has a unique face. Minor discrepancies stand out.

The sculpt is excellent, but it isn't perfect. :dunno

Hi there... I agree with this poster, but what is perfect, besides me of course? I said it and I liked it!

Saw the movie last night. Pretty good. Love the soundtrack and lots of really cool "that is bad ass" action sequence. Really glad that Snyder is doing superman.

Yeah I saw Sucker Punch the other day and the name of the movie says it all. You see the movie wanting hot women doing awesome stuff and that's exactly what you get. You then get totally attached to the cast and get punched in the face in the ending. No band-aids. No medicine. Just one big punch to the face.

The Extended Edition is a necessity. I am shocked people were mad about what it added to the movie. I feel like it helps add to Baby Doll's character. Unfortunately, it also makes the sucker punch hurt all the more.

The more I think about it though the more I like it. It was a very unique movie, flawed, but ultimately very memorable. Thee is also a ridiculous amount of both foreshadowing a very minor symbolism in almost every scene, from the way the camera moves during conversations to the pictures on the walls of most of the rooms. There's so much that there is probably no way you could point all of them out. It's pretty cool when you notice them though. A lot of them are really subtle.

Hot Toys needs to do the Samurai With Gatling Gun. He was the best enemy and he even got to be on the cover of the movie alongside Baby Doll. That means he was the second most important character ;) Make it happen Hot Toys.

Just watched the movie(extended version) and I really liked it.
I didnt think it would be my kind of film at all so it completely suprised me.

Back