Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
time for my comments now
I see more of an Emily Browning likeness on the pictures where
we see the face a bit from the side
and as some people have shown
some minor tweeks would make it look like her even more
i have no complaints about any other part of the figure
really like the accessories

I MUST admit that these HD photos kinna make me wanna buy her. I don't know why, she looks nicer than the others.

up_6.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

im surprised a lot of people dont like her sculpt, i think she looks really good and very close to the actress. HT keeps improving year after year. Also its really hard to sculpt human form 100% perfectly. But i thought her likeness is really great!! the Amber one, not as good, i will admit that. :)

I'm surprised you didn't order her yet Cereza
being the Babydoll fan you are
you really must not have liked the sculpt

Day one release we will be seeing thousands of Babydoll shoe scalpers up on Ebay. Each auction will end in the millions of dollars as her shoes will become a rare grail within the 1/6 scene. I already plan to customize my Bruce Lee and Friend by giving them Babydoll shoes. Just in case, I've already preordered thirty Babydoll figures. See you guys on Ebay!

I know this is a very newbie question but how fast do you have to be to preorder Hot Toys figures?

I wanna buy Babydoll and Amber but at the moment, I don't have the money. I'll have it in the next few months but now, I'm worried that next month, all the preorders will be gone.

There's no sure way to tell, but generally speaking the female boxed sets don't sell out as fast as other figures. In addition, the movie these are based on didn't do so well. Take into consideration too that the release date is not until fourth quarter. PO sales may be initially brisk, but also brief as there are only so many early adopters. Sales then start to drum up again closer to release, particularly when the figure is released in HK (where it comes out first in the world).

To make a long response short, I would guess that you will still be able to preorder these a month from now. Wait too long, however, and you'll find yourself on a waitlist or looking at higher prices on the secondary/grey market.

not sure if this has been posted but it seems the retail price at other HK stores such as abc-express is $30 cheaper than the SSC price. i think some of these high HT prices are not HT's but SSC's fault e.g. abc-express has jake sully at $260 compared to SSC's $320. that's some markup by SSC.

conlcusion... don't shop at SSC if you live in europe. stick to OSB (who are cheap once you factor in shipping and tax) or one of the HK stores.

Back