Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20101206_121041.jpg

Great idea to display him with a camera

man that face comparison is f-ed up. Had not noticed that he wasnt blackeyed because of all the comics. But the movie-look was 100% better, also. HT should add a sheen to the eyes.

Why did they make a SM3 figure,are they gonna make any villains from the movies?

this proto has got me scratching my head....

clearly HTs products are awesome and either dead on or real close to accurate. which begs to question...why can't they pick up on so many of the inaccuracies in the first place?

what usually happens is this, and its actually become common place now: HT releases pics and specs of the proto. then, fans, who don't normally have reference pics like HT does, eyes and points out what's wrong with the proto. then a bunch of us would do photoshops, along with side by side pics of the fig to the real thing and send them off to HT. THEN, HT listens most of the time and retools the figure to either make a portrait look more authentic, OR redo certain things on the outfit to make it look more like the real thing....

i don't get it! they have reference pics, hell, they even have the effin movie to study...how come they can screw up certain things when they've shown in the past that they can truly nail the subtle things that make these figs come alive??

can someone drop some knowledge on me as to why this proto-fan adjustments-retail cycle continues???

clearly HTs products are awesome and either dead on or real close to accurate. which begs to question...why can't they pick up on so many of the inaccuracies in the first place?

what usually happens is this, and its actually become common place now: HT releases pics and specs of the proto. then, fans, who don't normally have reference pics like HT does, eyes and points out what's wrong with the proto. then a bunch of us would do photoshops, along with side by side pics of the fig to the real thing and send them off to HT. THEN, HT listens most of the time and retools the figure to either make a portrait look more authentic, OR redo certain things on the outfit to make it look more like the real thing....

i don't get it! they have reference pics, hell, they even have the effin movie to study...how come they can screw up certain things when they've shown in the past that they can truly nail the subtle things that make these figs come alive??

can someone drop some knowledge on me as to why this proto-fan adjustments-retail cycle continues???

Cause this is a prototype. Chances are HT corrects the issues themself before any wannabefancorrectedphotochoppers send anything to them.

trust me, all these are just marketing tactics.
1. win our hearts and trusts.
2. to show that they listens to fans and always looking for ways to improve their products.

all these tactics is to make us feel we are buying a quality product and from a company that listens to fans ideas, so we will keep buying their products from time to time.
its a mind games, who knows they have 2 proto, one looks 'better' than the other. they will always release the 'inferior' one first to show the world, then a short while later release the 'better' one and make us think they 'improve' from the old proto.

no offence to HT or HT fans, IMO watever their tactics is, wat most impt is the end product we are getting. and we can trust that they are delivering the best quality 1/6 fig in the market now.

trust me, all these are just marketing tactics.
1. win our hearts and trusts.
2. to show that they listens to fans and always looking for ways to improve their products.

all these tactics is to make us feel we are buying a quality product and from a company that listens to fans ideas, so we will keep buying their products from time to time.
its a mind games, who knows they have 2 proto, one looks 'better' than the other. they will always release the 'inferior' one first to show the world, then a short while later release the 'better' one and make us think they 'improve' from the old proto.

no offence to HT or HT fans, IMO watever their tactics is, wat most impt is the end product we are getting. and we can trust that they are delivering the best quality 1/6 fig in the market now.

I'm sorry, but that sounds a little paranoid. I'm sure Hot Toys value their standing as the best producers of 1/6th figures, so I don't think they hold quality back on purpose on the first release. What I think happens is once a figure hits production, Hot Toys can see what can be improved on E.g Iron Man MK III BD compared to the MK IV. If you collected figures for a long time then you would no how far 1/6th has come in 5 years, and Hot Toys has played a major part in that.

Is it really possible to keep this pose in a detolf shelf etc? These poses are great but would it not be really hard to balance it in a display...

172220gbgvjim0zmmm4lvv.jpg

Impossible without a stand. No way those little plastic webs could support the weight of the figure, even if the figure could keep a grip on them. That is why I've got a Mech Test base coming for Spidey to be able to websling!

Great idea to display him with a camera
Yeah, that would have been a nice accessory to include. We'll probably get one with the inevitable "2-in-1" Parker/Spidey combo.

Is it really possible to keep this pose in a detolf shelf etc? These poses are great but would it not be really hard to balance it in a display...

172220gbgvjim0zmmm4lvv.jpg
Like 'Munch says, you really need one of those stands. Weird that HT isn't including one with him, given that he comes with the "free floating" web lines that are supposed to make it look like he's swinging.

Didnt think I would say this, but...

This image:
1722267pg0s09agbe7egs0.jpg

Has me shifting over to the 'buy' side. I was not planning on it, but the price point is good enough and this pic, along with the changes I hope they make will make this a must buy for me.

Wow...some of the seams on this thing are horrible, especially around the neck and the side but not bad enough to not make me buy it. :D Can't wait.

Wow...some of the seams on this thing are horrible, especially around the neck.

Add the Medicom hands and boots along with incorrect Spider logo on the chest. The thing is a train wreck.:mad:

j/k... I do not like the boots and hands but not enough to pass. I am looking forward to owning it :yess:

Back