Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he is worth the wait. Watched the Terminator on Saturday in anticipation of the figure.

I plan on getting the DX10 eventually and am not sure about the DX13. It has nothing to do with the figure, but $305 + shipping + tax puts this figure at $350 for me. Not sure I wanna spend that kind of money on a new release (yet).

Congrats man & you made a fine purchase. The only problem is you will want a 2nd one, so you can display both versions on your shelf. That's not really a problem though cause its such a wise investment. :wink1:

The body fills the MMS136 jacket, so methinks Hot Toys made their Royce a little too buff! :wink1:

100_1205.jpg

01_t1_technoir_original.jpg

Did you use long foot pegs with the boots on that version, or the shorter ones with the Royce body? It looks pretty dam good in your photo.

I really don't know. The figure is as I bought him, apart from changing the trousers.

Heightwise, he measures 12" from boot sole to top of head, in the position he's standing in.

Well, regardless of peg size, it looks badass. The HS matches the skin tone of the neck and he does fill out the jacket. The pants look a little long, but who really cares. The color of them look good & you have a nice custom there. :clap

Thanks, DA!

The pants will go down further, they got pushed up putting the boots on. I didn't futz with him long before putting him on the shelf.

I much prefer the battle damaged head to the clean 'floppy' haired one, so this custom caught my eye as I'd passed on the figure originally.

In Terminator circles I'm probably a heathen, because I like his short-haired look in T2 better! But with all the excitement for DX10 and DX13 I thought I'd better have a T1 to display while saving a bit of cash for the storm that's coming (1 x DX10 and 2 x DX13).

Yes, I hear you, all Terminator fans need to save lots right now.....:panic:

That's my other fear of DX13; would I really even need two? Most likely not as I like rotating the looks of my figures. Having a head and arm plus clothing to swap out seems as fun which is why I decided on not picking up a second DX11.

That's my other fear of DX13; would I really even need two? Most likely not as I like rotating the looks of my figures. Having a head and arm plus clothing to swap out seems as fun which is why I decided on not picking up a second DX11.

That is a fun part of collecting, but I tend to break stuff on accident with the futzing, so the least amount of time doing big changes the better off I am. Just posing is what I prefer to do. I do fill that need with kit-bashing though and putting stuff together. :wink1:

I saw you are from Santa Cruz. Are you buying from SSC? Cali taxes hurt when buying these figures. Why does the place with the exclusives need to be in our state?!?

I saw you are from Santa Cruz. Are you buying from SSC? Cali taxes hurt when buying these figures. Why does the place with the exclusives need to be in our state?!?

Yep, I never buy from them direct, but the new HT BD I did P.O. from them. Not much of a deal at BBTS for that one and with the flexpay option at Sideshow, I trick myself into pretending that I'm not spending that much more on a toy. The taxes & shipping suck at Sideshow.:lol

P.S. I do have this on p.o. at BBTS due to the limit at Sideshow for only 1, but I am not sure if I will go through with it. Especially if I end up getting the new EB version.

This figure(mms136) to me is still the best arnie out there in 1:6 and possible anyscale. I now own the dx10 which I totally dig but this figure still trumps it imo. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with dx10 right now and can't get enough pics and love talking terminator in the threads about it but in the end mms136 is still my favorate. Its probably not fair to compare the two figure as there from differant films and I would'nt want to be without ether figure, just thought I would give my two cents on the matter.

This figure(mms136) to me is still the best arnie out there in 1:6 and possible anyscale. I now own the dx10 which I totally dig but this figure still trumps it imo. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with dx10 right now and can't get enough pics and love talking terminator in the threads about it but in the end mms136 is still my favorate. Its probably not fair to compare the two figure as there from differant films and I would'nt want to be without ether figure, just thought I would give my two cents on the matter.

Skull, I love them all. I think they all look freakin awesome & to hard to choose a favorite. I am just glad we have so many options to pick from. Would love to see more love to the 1st movie with a DX BDT1 & the PS version too. It's cool that you have a favorite though.

Skull, I love them all. I think they all look freakin awesome & to hard to choose a favorite. I am just glad we have so many options to pick from. Would love to see more love to the 1st movie with a DX BDT1 & the PS version too. It's cool that you have a favorite though.

Well said, and the t1 bd police shootout version should come out at some point, its like the bd from t2, we all knew it was coming just not when. I can't wait to see a full reveil on the up coming t-800 endo, thats my most wanted figure from the line.

moving to new apartments in a year and wanted to measure the future shelf length.

23dad83d1f11.jpg

it needs 1.85 metres. there are no such shelves :(

and i hope T2 collection won't become even longer :D

p.s. if HT changes the headsculpt and body when they revisit this character for police and BD versions... well they'd better not do that!!!

Last edited:
p.s. if HT changes the headsculpt and body when they revisit this character for police and BD versions... well they'd better not do that!!!

After DX10 and DX13, you know they will. T1 head is based on the same squished form as the old T2 head. They now seem to have corrected that problem.

Back