Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great custom alright...though the hair is just too short all around. I hope the actual HT figure will rectify that but I suspect they'll opt to keep the next sculpt consistent with what they've already done. Let me be wrong.

Yeah, the head looks too small. It's fine for the Tech Noir damaged look, but when you put it on that body with the gray shirt and leather jacket it just looks strange. Still a great custom though, but I'm going to hold out on the inevitable Hot Toys Police Assault version.

I'm sure the Hot Toys figure will look different for the better. I can't see them just taking the same damaged eye head and slightly tweaking it. I'd expect a fuller hair sculpt that's darker, a slightly larger, more elongated head to accommodate the endo eye feature and sunglasses. It'd be nice if they painted his right eye looking to the left or right too. It would add some nice variation to the T-800 line up and to relate to the "____ you _______" scene in the hotel when he's scanning Sarah Connor's address book. It also wouldn't make a difference with the Gargoyles on.

There's also the chance to give him a zombie like appearance. Make the skin noticeably whiter/paler than the Tech Noir heads, give him slight dark circles around his eyes, etc. Really go for the skin rot look.

Well there will have to be some tweaking to accommodate the light up eye feature that they'll inevitably include. I wouldn't mind if they sculpted a neck post to his head. In fact, they might have to for the switch unless they design the new head like the MMS DX Batman and the light bulb is attached to the neck post.

Yeah, I'm sure the face would match the previous T-800 portraits, much like Yulli's Ledger Jokers looked alike for the most part. I'd love for a Police Shootout portrait to have fuller hair in the back, but I'm not sure the hair would come out much different from the bloody eye sculpt. Even NECA didn't quite fill ouy the hair at the back and sides of his head like the movie.

With Hot Toys, I can almost understand it, they might have gone shorter because of how the head attaches, but NECA surprised me where the neck and head are one piece.

and the fact that the hairstyle/length is flawless on the T2 figures. I thought Tman would be more observant of the T1 haircuts...mind you the Tech Noir looks perfect.

And I know it won't happen but it would be nice if they improved the Arnold bodies so that you can achieve more movement in the arms, specifically the elbows. It would be fantastic to have the SPAS or AR rest on his shoulder when not in use.

Seeing as though the 1887s couldn't rest on the T2 T-800 without heavy modification or tricks, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Yeh won't happen but if you don't mind ___king with your figure and you have no intention of ever using the body shirtless there is always that bicep shaving mod to increase the range of movement so you can push his forearm up into a tighter bend.

Speaking of the gun resting on shoulder pose I'm working on that for another Neca T-800 by using a spare MM4 McFarlane T-800 right arm. That arm is tightly bent (preposed). I found a suitable hand for holding the shotgun in a relaxed way (the Neca hands don't do the trick as I found out) from one of the Mcfarlane Jack Bauer figures.

Some quick pics with my new AR-18. It does make a difference. Now if only the Gargoyles fit.:gah::gah:

8b0a030b.png

93b3e1b9.png

more pics...mods so far

T2 muscle body modified for max poseability
painted T1 BD head and endo eye ( working on led for the eye )
Saturday jacket modded for better fit and possability
belt on jacket modified so it hangs..
gray T2 shirt sleeves cut off
glove hands ( take a guess :) ) highly modified
12 gauge auto loader ( took the folding stock out )
eyeglasses from ss t800 and modified
waiting on AR18 :pray:
sorry for the phone pics..will set a photo shoot soon :)
IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

Awesome job, my friend!
So what mods did you do to the jacket to make it fit better?

Back