Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm as much a child of T2 as you guys but I don't think theres any reason Arnie should always wear leathers as a Terminator. I actually found it yet another item of silliness from T3 that they had the T-800 once again acquire biker gear for clothes. OK in T2 he arrived in 1995 near to a biker bar but again in T3?

They were poking fun at the whole biker outfit. :wink1:

There's no reason for it, of course, I just came to know the T-800 as that, and when I first started watching T1, I felt that he wasn't the Terminator until he took on that look. I love my Tech Noir figure, but in the film, that look's never been a favorite with me, I actually like the figure more than Arnie in the movie.

At least he didn't wear leather in Salvation ;)

Newb, there was no damage on his face in the poster we grew up with. It was just like the whole face in your avatar.

WRONG.

CSM-101 is in his left sunglasses eye. I always figured that it meant his right eye was gone in that eye and his model number was illuminating on the sunglasses. They just messed up and put it on his right instead of his left.

PLUS, some of the original posters and early teasers show the endo side (though, a little more artsy than the real thing) like my sig and the James Cameron artwork, could be damage ya N00B.

Last edited:
as for me, i think that those who like emo-gay T2 should be forbidden to compare it to T1 robot.
but it is MHO.

as for me, i think that those who like emo-gay T2 should be forbidden to compare it to T1 robot.
but it is MHO.

If the T2 terminator is emo,Then what would you consider the tech noir terminator?:lol

Poking fun. Indeed that was the problem with the whole film. Who thought that was a good idea?

Unlike most here, I actually enjoyed T3. It was fun for what it was.

WRONG.

CSM-101 is in his left sunglasses eye. I always figured that it meant his right eye was gone in that eye and his model number was illuminating on the sunglasses. They just messed up and put it on his right instead of his left.

PLUS, some of the original posters and early teasers show the endo side (though, a little more artsy than the real thing) like my sig and the James Cameron artwork, could be damage ya N00B.

Actually foo, no, not wrong. If they'd gone with that Endo reveal in the movie poster, it would've spoiled a LOT of the surprises in the movie. We didn't have the internet back then and if I remember correctly, even Starlog and Fangoria were pretty tight-lipped on the Endo-aspect. You'd know that, but I'm not sure you were even a sackdweller when it was released. :p

Er, punk rocker? :huh

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_jy04ACD030" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

If they'd gone with that Endo reveal in the movie poster, it would've spoiled a LOT of the surprises in the movie. We didn't have the internet back then and if I remember correctly, even Starlog and Fangoria were pretty tight-lipped on the Endo-aspect.

I couldn't agree more with this. The last thing in the world they wanted to do in the 80's is give away the movie in a trailer or poster. Too bad the dip____s making films today don't get this concept

All four Terminator movies were fun for me. Emphasis on the word "fun", of course. T3 was entertaining, but nowhere near T1 or T2. TS was actually pretty damn cool, seeing as we finally got a feature-length look at the Future War. I like the way they handled it, and let's face it, the collectibles coming out of that movie were great. The added grittiness and detail to the Endoskeleton designs we know and love only resulted in companies like HT putting out a more visually-impressive piece. My weathered skin T-600 figure for example, though it was only my second HT product, remains one of my favorites. Great shelf presence, and its level of complexity can stand up to other 1/6 characters even today, two years later.

Movie-wise, it's T1 and T2 for me. T2 wins in terms of scale, since it really felt as epic as the story suggested. T1 wasn't quite the same as it focused on the same two characters in the city for the entire flick. Having that said, T1 wins for having the more memorable performances. Michael Biehn actually stated in an interview the exact same thing I was thinking about the movie: his story-telling scenes were pure exposition, so they had to be done during or between action sequences so the audience wouldn't feel as if they were simple being told the movie. Cameron made a wise decision there, and I actually was able to get into it and feel as if even though the scale of the movie in the 1984 portions was small, it would eventually become huge as humanity approached Judgement Day. Basically, the movies led into oneanother, which is why the first two are both great in their own rights.

And that's my rant for the day. Good night, all :).

Actually foo, no, not wrong. If they'd gone with that Endo reveal in the movie poster, it would've spoiled a LOT of the surprises in the movie, and know what I meant.
:

It was an exaggerated endo side, not an actual prop endoskeleton superimposed to Arnold. Sure, it isn't actual battle damage, but you know what I mean.

Christ, :lol. The point is, the poster counter parts of both T-800s are more iconic than the already iconic looks in the film. Whether you think the CSM-101 and revealed endo artwork (which was included on some of the promotional crap in the 80s) is battle damage or not.

I shouldn't have said battle damage I guess, but at the time it sounded a lot better than "artsy, poster design ____". If you got red in your eyes and metal bits showing, I've come to regard that as "damage".

Well there's nothing really significant to the T2 poster art that isn't in the movie. It's the bike, biker costume and shotgun just like the film, only non-film detail is a faint red glow in the sunglasses. T1 poster is a bit more conceptual with the shirtless look and the text printed on the shades and all.

Yeah, but that red glowing eyeball and just the mood of the poster is enough to make it stand out on it's own. Atleast that's what I thought when I was younger. The only time they really captured that look is when he's looking around at that stop they make right before those two jocks show up. I know there were some variations of the poster two in a few other mediums. I believe the arcade or pinball machine had bloody bullet wounds on his chest.

The blue/white lighting on his cheek bones, the non-revealing sunglasses adds to the mystique of it but is made even more so on the poster. The shot gun in hand, the bike, the red eye etc.

For me, an iconic look isn't lighting and mood of a shot, it's the sum of the physical appearance, clothing, hairstyle, any unique accessories, so from the T2 poster, it's the full costuming he wears for the first 1/3 of the movie and between the poster and those early scenes, it's my most favorite T-800 look in all the movies.

It would have been interesting if they just left the black shirt on him throughout the film. The grey one that he picks up after the bullets are removed is just a little too convenient and similar to what was shown in 1984. I know that's the idea, but he looks best in the beginning of the film, sans sunglasses even.

Back