Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder which figure do you guys prefer more? T1 or T2?

I prefer T2 as its the better movie and Arnold is more like him in that figure. I mean it is easier to recognize him from T2 figure for a regular person rather than T1.

That said, I hope that they are of similar and comparable quality.

I wonder which figure do you guys prefer more? T1 or T2?

I prefer T1 as its the better movie and Arnold is more like him in that figure. I mean it is easier to recognize him from T2 figure for a regular person rather than T1.

That said, I hope that they are of similar and comparable quality.

Corrected it for you :nana:

All I said was that Arni is more readily recognizible from T2 figure.:lecture

2zri2ih.jpg

I think it comes after all weather you are a die hard T1 fan or T2.
I am a T2 fan more, although I absolutely love T1 as well.

All I said was that Arni is more readily recognizible from T2 figure.:lecture

I agree that the T2 look is pretty iconic and instantly recognizable. But so is Tech Noir Arnold imo.
It's just that most people think of his T2 look when they talk about the Terminator movies.

I would say that his T1 look is definitely more Terminator-ish, and in some way blends in more with the crowd. Well at least his facial expressions are more what I would say machine like and his manner of speaking, although he did very little of it.

He just talked way too much and acted way too human in second movie for me to appreciate him as a definite Terminator. I still like his goofy smile scene though :D. But yes, Terminator 2 is his more iconic look I admit, but I prefer T1 over it.

Speaking of blending in, I always wondered why Terminator killed the gun shop guy, he could have easily knocked him out and drawn less attention to himself that way, people around must have heard the loud bang. Or he could have paid for the guns from stolen money?

I would say that his T1 look is definitely more Terminator-ish, and in some way blends in more with the crowd. Well at least his facial expressions are more what I would say machine like and his manner of speaking, although he did very little of it.

He just talked way too much and acted way too human in second movie for me to appreciate him as a definite Terminator. I still like his goofy smile scene though :D. But yes, Terminator 2 is his more iconic look I admit, but I prefer T1 over it.

Speaking of blending in, I always wondered why Terminator killed the gun shop guy, he could have easily knocked him out and drawn less attention to himself that way, people around must have heard the loud bang. Or he could have paid for the guns from stolen money?

There are many things that aren't explained in the first film (like how he got his safehouse, the Gargoyles, the new clothes, etc.)

I guess we just need to keep in mind that it's just a film and that shooting the gunshop owner was much more terminator-esque than just knocking him off

Why????????

Because he's a Terminator :lecture

I don't have a preference.

That's why I own both Terminator figures. Tech Noir can't be T2 and T2 can't be Tech Noir, it's a simple concept to grasp really.

As for which figure is better, one can't be better than the other. The quality on both are equal, the articulation on both are equal, the likenesses for the figure are different, but equal and accessory wise they have everything up until the parts of the film where they cut themselves up and have a drastic change in appearance.

Equal, equal, equal.

Oh and if you have one instead of the other, you fail at the Hot Toys Terminator game.

Last edited:
Back