Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess who finally dropped in today?

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

This figure is incredible. I thought I was off "human" characters and would focus more on creatures and such, but HT has come a long way from John Connor. This T-800 is in a totally different league and he rocks! Will definitely be looking to buy the SPAS-12, an AR-18, the biker jacket, shirt, and pants (plus a second T1 body and boot set) to customize a Police Shootout version. Tech Noir got me hooked. He looks awesome with my TS Endos, but another Arnie right by his side would kick even more ass.

Awesome pics, blade.
Totally fluid and as out of a movement.
:clap

@FLOSI: As long as he arrives today, it's cool. Just glad there are still some people who had to wait 'till Monday. It's fun to get in on the action together.

...and that last sentence wasn't thought out too well ;). I think I'll probably do some PS manipulations of some of the pics I took now. This guy's way too much fun.

:rock Awesome! And I didn't think you were hitting on me or anything Blade. :lol:1-1:

I don't mind being one of the last ones to get a figure, within reason, if it means saving a couple bucks. It would have been $30 more if I would have ordered through SS.

I might not post pics till tomorrow night that way I can snap pics of this and the Mk IV at the same time. :yess:

Would anyone mind posting a series of snap shots of T1 vs Connor in likeness of scenes from T4? :D

Excellent pics, Blade. I dig the coat in the first pic. You using a light box?

Thanks! My set-up's actually pretty ghetto. I wait until the right time of day, open the blinds to my room, sit the figure on a platform (like a stool), then take the pics. For the white background, I emphasize the highlights and such in Windows Live Photo Gallery.

If the figure itself isn't dark enough to make a good contrast, then I'd have to brighten the picture additionally (to get rid of the wall texture), which has happened before. Doesn't look so good there, so from now on, I'll hang up a piece of paper to get a consistent background that doesn't involve post-editing. Should've done that months ago, but I never manage to get around to it. Lot of my pictures seem over-brightened as a result :(.

As for the coat... I actually erm, scotch-taped it to the sleeve; the highlights make it invisible. I always thought it'd be cool to get some wiring in the base of the coat, since he looks so cool with it flailing around in action poses. Ah, well.

Would anyone mind posting a series of snap shots of T1 vs Connor in likeness of scenes from T4? :D

A-dev had some pics of this a while back in the thread.

A-dev had some pics of this a while back in the thread.

Well I didn't really, I just put naked T1 arnie standing next to Final battle John Connor to show their compatibility. I'm sure Wolf873 probably had photos in mind that recreate the scenes from T4.

Nice pics by the way, congrats. Bet that was a nice antidote to the exam stress.

Well I didn't really, I just put naked T1 arnie standing next to Final battle John Connor to show their compatibility. I'm sure Wolf873 probably had photos in mind that recreate the scenes from T4.

Yeah, that's what I was looking for :exactly:.

Nice pics by the way, congrats. Bet that was a nice antidote to the exam stress.

The exam wasn't so hot, by the way. Despite the studying, there were a few unexpected things (including a shorter class time than last year, WTF) and since we were the first Bio period to go, no warning. Good news is it's a weighted grade and the national AP exam in May (which is supposedly crazy easy) can boost both semester grades up to an A regardless of what they were before.

Right now, I'm just glad to be done with it... and to have my Arnie. :yess:

The exam wasn't so hot, by the way. Despite the studying, there were a few unexpected things (including a shorter class time than last year, WTF) and since we were the first Bio period to go, no warning. Good news is it's a weighted grade and the national AP exam in May (which is supposedly crazy easy) can boost both semester grades up to an A regardless of what they were before.

Right now, I'm just glad to be done with it... and to have my Arnie. :yess:

Hey, blade.
Congrat that all worked out well you, buddy.
Especially since you´re so fed up with learning that time we wre talking...
:hi5:

Last edited:
Back