Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the AlterEgo Newsletter, It says they will be shipping this fella within 2 weeks :D
That's great news. I was concerned he'd end up shipping during the last week of December when I'm away for the holidays, but it sounds like he'll show up at the middle of the month instead. Thanks for the heads up.

The thing is though, for it's time, the AVP Preds were the best looking Predator collectible figure available anywhere. I remember when I got the Scar Predator. I was so impressed and thought it looked spot on. I saw no flaws. But when they began improving on the Predator figures, then I noticed the flaws.

I was very excited when the Berserker was announced (and I really hate to bring this up but it is how it is) and they showed the height difference from the original pred. But after that problem with size reduction, I was dissapointed. And that is the only reason I did not get it. Don't care if the head or dreads ar too small, the coloring is slightly different, etc. I feel that Hot Toys cheated and their sorry apology, if it can be considered and apology, was even worst.

But oh well, I hope they do not do this again. I'm really looking forward to getting more of their products, just as long as they don't pull another "stunt" like that.

Hot Toys is lucky that a lot of people did not really mind what they did and are getting/got the figure anyways. I have no doubt it looks amazing.

I do apologize as I didn't mean to bash the AVP line. I agree that at the time, the Hot toys AVP figures were the best 1/6 scale predators on the market. In fact they were the ONLY 1/6 pred figures on the market as hot toys owns the license and monopoly power at this scale for predator figures. The AVP line will be considered classics among the die-hard predator collectors. The price alone for these classic figures already re-affirms this fact. In short, they were the figures that started it all and paved the way for the beautiful works of art we see today in guardian, berserker and the other newer predators.

I agree with your assertion that Hot toys mislead a lot of us with it's taller berserker prototype. I was disappointed as well when I learned that my berserker pred wasn't going to be as big as what was shown in the prototype photos. Just like you, my sole reason for getting the Berserker was because of the enormous height difference between it and the classic predator. So needless to say, I wasn't just disappointed, I was down right pissed! Some argue that in the description, it did in fact mention that the berserker was only 14 inches in height; however, we all know that pictures speak a lot louder than fine print - Which is why I believe that Hot Toys did deliberately mislead us in their initial advertising of this figure. That being said, I still sold out and bought this figure, and even though it's not as tall as advertised, I'm glad I bought it. The details and sheer weight of this pred are impressive and hard to ignore. Would it have been better if it were taller? Hell yes. But dam, this figure is still very very nice, and I hope you reconsider your decision and do purchase this figure. If not, at least visit a friend who has it so that you can see for yourself what an eye candy this berserker truely is. However, I really do respect the fact that you hold fast to your principals by refusing to reward Hot Toy's deceptive advertising practices by not purchasing the figure. Let's hope that hot toys doesn't continue this trend of making us salivate over something that may not be true in the final product. Little differences between prototype and production, I can live with, but this was different. In sum I share your concerns with Hot toy's at times questionable behavior, but I'm willing to over-look some of it as long as they maintain their excellence in detail, paint apps, and craftsmanship. No matter how much we gripe sometimes about Hot Toys, they are still one of the best, if not THE best at what they do. Thanks again for your reply to my post and sorry again for the length of my response.

And whose is it, exactly?

Not quite... thanks to PvA:
100_0821.jpg

Damn, I love the AVP Preds. But that's beside the point. Thanks for your incredibly valid, diplomatic, and unbiased advice, Fortnox :monkey1. Enjoy your most-likely short stay. See, I psychoanalyzed your posts to predict how long you'd last. By the way, you're in no position to question any members' collections just to prove a point, especially in such an aggressive way. You can easily say what you want to say without trolling and acting up, and that's exactly what you're doing, even if you don't think so. This goes double for the NECA thread incident, but we'll keep that where it belongs. Chill out, say what you need to say, and don't go berserk when your attitude causes others to take your comments the wrong way.

Maybe i should have been super dooper specific with lots of emoticons and post pictures of rainbows and stick figures and arrows etc so that you would feel all happy and able to digest it all without dissecting a few selective lines to remedy me with your elderly words of wisdom. its a bit more than just a meh and alright as far as im concerned. And if you dont at least feel that way about it then why go dropping 200 on something you don't really want or is it just to be part of the gang or something and if it is you should think twice about doing it I think. Remove all the armor from the elder and scar etc and see whose the biggest pred or better yet try putting the AVP or any other armor if you could on Berserker and see whos the biggest. And psychoanalyzed doesnt mean psychic genius and Ill be around for as long as i want and have something valid to say and Ill be damned if I would seek out your approval to do it. Youre a member of this forum just like me and all the rest so don't go all fake mod admin on me and start trying to hogwash me because we dont agree on something its not cool. So what you think my writing is aggressive and how is that my problem exactly because the same must apply to you by your own logic. Im so sorry if I didnt use lots and lots of emoticons and sip tea and hold your hand while I spoke softly about what I thinks going on. Im chill as can be and there are clusters of posts in this thread where you pull this sort of crap to discredit people so dont get so hung up on the way people write. Get a mirror and reflect on yourself and your own attitude if that sort of thing is so important in your world but I don't get it why youre getting all hypo on me so save it up and paint a rainbow or dont or whatever.

I do apologize as I didn't mean to bash the AVP line. I agree that at the time, the Hot toys AVP figures were the best 1/6 scale predators on the market. In fact they were the ONLY 1/6 pred figures on the market as hot toys owns the license and monopoly power at this scale for predator figures. The AVP line will be considered classics among the die-hard predator collectors. The price alone for these classic figures already re-affirms this fact. In short, they were the figures that started it all and paved the way for the beautiful works of art we see today in guardian, berserker and the other newer predators.

I agree with your assertion that Hot toys mislead a lot of us with it's taller berserker prototype. I was disappointed as well when I learned that my berserker pred wasn't going to be as big as what was shown in the prototype photos. Just like you, my sole reason for getting the Berserker was because of the enormous height difference between it and the classic predator. So needless to say, I wasn't just disappointed, I was down right pissed! Some argue that in the description, it did in fact mention that the berserker was only 14 inches in height; however, we all know that pictures speak a lot louder than fine print - Which is why I believe that Hot Toys did deliberately mislead us in their initial advertising of this figure. That being said, I still sold out and bought this figure, and even though it's not as tall as advertised, I'm glad I bought it. The details and sheer weight of this pred are impressive and hard to ignore. Would it have been better if it were taller? Hell yes. But dam, this figure is still very very nice, and I hope you reconsider your decision and do purchase this figure. If not, at least visit a friend who has it so that you can see for yourself what an eye candy this berserker truely is. However, I really do respect the fact that you hold fast to your principals by refusing to reward Hot Toy's deceptive advertising practices by not purchasing the figure. Let's hope that hot toys doesn't continue this trend of making us salivate over something that may not be true in the final product. Little differences between prototype and production, I can live with, but this was different. In sum I share your concerns with Hot toy's at times questionable behavior, but I'm willing to over-look some of it as long as they maintain their excellence in detail, paint apps, and craftsmanship. No matter how much we gripe sometimes about Hot Toys, they are still one of the best, if not THE best at what they do. Thanks again for your reply to my post and sorry again for the length of my response.

Thats a very funny and strange way of looking at things because hot toys only showed one photo of a larger Berserker and that was actually just of a trial prototype before they altered it in accordance with the height of the Berserker in the movie. You see that it wouldnt have been correct for the to make him as tall as the single initial photo showed but all the rest of the photos actually show him at the height he is now and we all know that the specification tell us all the information we need to know in order to make a decision so there is no mystery there at all. they acted on peoples criticisms and the people involved in the costume and concept designs and did the right thing by us and im glad they did like a lot of people that he doesnt tower over P1 because that would have been plain wrong so you might want to rethink that or dont it up to you. And if your only reason for buying him as silly and stupid as it sounds was because he was so much bigger that P1 then you really should have bought something else that had a design that you really thought was cool and not have worried about buying something that was only cool to you because he was BIG. How crazy is that saying Im only buying is solely on the size of it. It wasnt his design or movie performance or the color mask red dreads metal blades armor paint or anything else that you think was cool so what the hell were you doing buying this thing in the first place. No I actually think that its just an extension of one of the trolls that frequent this thread trying it on and doing the old psycho babble bull____ deal to bring up and carry on a dead argument that was lost almost the second it was started. just a bunch of rumors started by idiots on facebook and around here but they just didnt think it out well enough because time will do nothing but prove them wrong and itll all be lost over time and the facts will be all that remains. that and the soaring price and lack of availability because everyone snapped them up and left the indecisive in the dust. And what a load of ____ I think it is about hot toys deceptive business practices. if you cant read that an item is a prototype and may change as they see fit then you have a lot to learn about this game because they always said that the figure was the height it is in the description so you should really read things before you commit to them or better yet just wait till the final product gets released. So dont go blaming them because you choose to buy something solely based on the height of it because you had plenty of warning and if you had of seen the berserker displayed at any of the conventions and fairs you wouldnt be surprised at all because hes exactly the same as the figure that was release so again there are no surprises there at all. So its most definitely not a case of principals at all and if it was then move on and let someone else get in on the goodness because they dont need the business of the indecisive. Weve already had a couple of crusaders in this thread trying to blacken hot toys name with a bunch of bull____ that just doesnt hold water when all the facts are actually plain to see if you open your eyes and care to examine them but you probably see it differently or something im sure. thats my take so dont get all narky about it.

No ones trying to blacken Hot Toys name anymore than you've been trying to blacken NECAs name. We point things out, if theres things to be pointed out, on a case by case basis. And yes on this one there were things to point out. I won't go over it again because its just the same arguments back and forth again and again with the same retorts back and forth from both sides, its pointless.

So its a we is it? i love neca and hot toys and many others so dont try tar me with that silly little brush youre trying so awkwardly trying to wield. and stop worrying about what I'm doing so much and talk some sense about the figure rather than acting all defensive because you were and probably still are to a certain degree trying to insist that all the bull____ is true about hot toys and its just ridiculous now as it was then and if you dont like what i have to say then you should really think about what you said and reflect on the truth a bit more than you like too. And you arent part of some critique circle that is based on the truth as far as im concerned so you might want to take stock before you try that ____ with me.

Can't we just skip the games and finish this the way we always do: with us all using the :wave smiley and Sabres posting a banning countdown on his profile right as he's about to go?

And why does he keep bringing the whole "gang" thing up? Makes no sense, especially when he's unaware (or is he?) that he's one of many suspicious newcomers who have gone through the same sad ritual just before getting booted?

<object width="230" height="197"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/RWgR-4dcbc4?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/RWgR-4dcbc4?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="230" height="197"></embed></object>

Can't we just skip the games and finish this the way we always do: with us all using the :wave smiley and Sabres posting a banning countdown on his profile right as he's about to go?

And why does he keep bringing the whole "gang" thing up? Makes no sense, especially when he's unaware (or is he?) that he's one of many suspicious newcomers who have gone through the same sad ritual just before getting booted?
Lmao!!!.....

HAHA!

You saw that?
I didn't think anyone did.

His is coming...soon...I feel it. :impatient:

And why does he keep bringing the whole "gang" thing up?

Well two things I think - 1) the mere mention of his being 'new' here set his mind racing that this was a case of 'elite' members rallying together to oust some threat to the status quo - when really it was simply a case of me and others saying 'hey...stop being an a$$'. :dunno He misread me as saying 'our members' when I had in fact said 'other members'; letting himself run away with a false interpretation of elitism based on something i hadn't said

and 2) this part of one of his posts - "So its we is it?" in referance to where I had said that 'we point things (flaws etc) out'. Well yes 'we' in that there was more than one of us, plural :dunno I guess I thought he was aware of that fact considering he earlier labelled us idiots.

Well I have Predator Classic, Dutch, Billy, Predator 2 non-Battle Damaged, Predator Elder, Lost Predator, Guardian Predator, She-Predator, Wolf Predator Cleaner kit version, Royce, and now (wished I had all the AVPs) according to Sideshow soon to have Berserker.

I actually like the way the Berserker looks to how he looked it the movie, to me it's a cleaner look; not so busy.

Back