Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you work13 for not leaving idiotic posts like some other member on this thread with only a handful of posts.

Very strange, I got the money taken out from my account by Alterego with a tracking number but I haven't received an e-mail from alterego..

Also I ordered two of these... And it looks like they shipped just one. WTF is going on here?

Very strange, I got the money taken out from my account by Alterego with a tracking number but I haven't received an e-mail from alterego..

Also I ordered two of these... And it looks like they shipped just one. WTF is going on here?

They haven't taken my monies yet, it was just the weekly newsletter that had the update on it....

I F###ING LOVE THIS PREDATOR!!!!!! this thing is so cool!!! when you put him into cool poses its just amazing!!! its just like the movie. i want all my preds to have this new body!! absolutely a GRADE A COLLECTIBLE. i going to post awsome pictures this weekend .

Being a nubee, I have to say that I enjoy reading the various discussions here at Sideshowcollectors -(except when the posts start to get vindictive). I am a recent collector of these hot toys predator figures. I knew of these figures for a long time but never got into collecting them because their heads were too big. I re-watched the old predator movies just to see how big their heads were, and noticed that yes, their heads were slightly bigger in proportion when compared to human body/head ratios, but not as big as how hot toys portrays them in their toy line. The hot toys AVP predator line heads were way too big even when compared to how they looked in the movies. The Hot Toys Original pred head looks great and decently proportioned when his bio mask is off, but once you get that bio mask on, his head proportion gets way out of wack and starts to become like a bobble-head AVP. So what got me started into collecting these hot toy preds you may ask? Answer: The Guardian and Berserker preds. When guardian came out, it just looked amazing and the paint apps in combination with his armor were simply awesome. For some reason, the head proportions on the Guardian pred looked better then any other past hot toys pred. Even with his bio mask on, he still looks somewhat well proportioned when compared to past preds like AVPs,wolf and original. Yes I know that the original pred and guardian share the same head sculpt, but still the guardian pred portions just look better and I don't know why, it just does. In short, Guardian pred got me started into collecting these pred figures and then when berserker came out, it closed the deal. After seeing so many big-headed predators produced by Hot Toys, I was yearning for a smaller headed predator, and my prayers were answered with Berserker. But here is the irony...After watching the latest pred movie, the berserker pred had a really big head. Infact, of all the pred movies, Berserker had the biggest head of all the predators, yet strangly enough, hot toys went the other direction and made his head smaller then all the preds in their line. I hate to say this, but in relation to the movie, Berserker should have looked like a booble-head AVP. So in terms of acuracy, yes, hot toys missed the mark a little with regards to the head, but dam...it still looks awesome. To be honest guys, I'd rather have a smaller headed predator then a bigger headed predator, movie acuracy or not. A smaller more proportioned head just looks more asthetically pleasing to me then a big bobblehead. For those of you who are die-hard movie acurate fans, who started collecting these predators from the beginning and are use to the bigger bobble-headed older designs, just don't get this figure because you probably will be disappointed. But for those of you who are on the fence, and are 50/50 about getting this figure, do yourself a favor and buy the darn thing. If after getting it you decide you don't like it, then just hold on to it for a few more years and sell it on ebay and double your money-cuz this bad boy will only go up in value. In sum, buying this figure is a win/win -movie accurate or not. Hot toys may not be movie acurate 100% of the time, but when it comes to quality,intricate paint jobs and crazy detail, nobody else comes close. Go Hot Toys! Thanks guys, for taking the time to read my take on this whole predator thing and sorry for the long post.

The thing is though, for it's time, the AVP Preds were the best looking Predator collectible figure available anywhere. I remember when I got the Scar Predator. I was so impressed and thought it looked spot on. I saw no flaws. But when they began improving on the Predator figures, then I noticed the flaws.

I was very excited when the Berserker was announced (and I really hate to bring this up but it is how it is) and they showed the height difference from the original pred. But after that problem with size reduction, I was dissapointed. And that is the only reason I did not get it. Don't care if the head or dreads ar too small, the coloring is slightly different, etc. I feel that Hot Toys cheated and their sorry apology, if it can be considered and apology, was even worst.

But oh well, I hope they do not do this again. I'm really looking forward to getting more of their products, just as long as they don't pull another "stunt" like that.

Hot Toys is lucky that a lot of people did not really mind what they did and are getting/got the figure anyways. I have no doubt it looks amazing.

work13 you give us newbs a good name. Great post and this goes to show that even a person new to this website can know as much as someone with thousands of posts.

Last edited:
Back