Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What went wrong where? I'm not seeing any reports on any other forums. Mostly just happy people saying how cool it is.

I'm sure that was a rhetorical question and you know exactly what ''went wrong'' according to crazypredator2 (and others). Of course you don't have to agree.

I don't regret the SWATs and T-1000s as Terminator is my main love but such a bulk purchase as I mentioned has put me behind on payments - still a good bit off my credit limit but at the same time higher than I really want it to be. Maybe I'll get them all and, as Barnes would say "Take the pain!!!" for a while.

Remember though even if you are kind of iffy about this new Predator you can sell it later and make a killing. I looked at the P2 for a few weeks at Hastings and it went for 150 and I waited. Now I have to pay over 300 for it. If you get the feeling I want it BUT? Aways try to get it anyway and not think later crap I wish I just went through on this. I kept telling myself on the CM Predator not to get it because it's not dead on but I kept thinking about it. Even though it's not dead on I'm glad it's standing here in my studio. Looks so bad ass even though I wish it were dead on.

I actually rather liked the final berserker design despite being skeptical when I first saw those photos of his face.
The reason I've passed on this is because I look at the figure and don't see the berserker personally.

Tracker Predators photo.
BSP_head_05.jpg

The head's very spider like and I thought that was cool. The whole berserker , ecspecially maskless looked huge to me regardless of the height difference maybe not being as much as we all thought and that's not the impression you get with the figure.

Overall though it's definetely the head sculpt that's put me off.

I'm sure it looks great in hand but it looks like a different predator to me , just with similar armor and the same mask.

From what I've seen of the neca figure they seemed to get the sculpt closer and for the price of this figure that shouldn't be the case.

Remember though even if you are kind of iffy about this new Predator you can sell it later and make a killing. I looked at the P2 for a few weeks at Hastings and it went for 150 and I waited. Now I have to pay over 300 for it. If you get the feeling I want it BUT? Aways try to get it anyway and not think later crap I wish I just went through on this. I kept telling myself on the CM Predator not to get it because it's not dead on but I kept thinking about it. Even though it's not dead on I'm glad it's standing here in my studio. Looks so bad ass even though I wish it were dead on.
photographs, or it has not occurred. there should be a whole thread devoted to your studio.

I wasn't being facetious or asking a rhetorical question. Just asking what went wrong because I haven't heard anything anywhere else.

Well without wishing to restart the same debate I'm sure the things that "went wrong", mainly just one if you adhere strictly to the meaning of the words "went wrong", is the shrinkage that HT were forced to make a statement about. Regarding anything else, well we knew what we were getting, nothing else changed from proto to final product. I just find it hard to believe you really didn't know what Crazypredator2 could have been referring to considering it was such a major talking point in the thread which you were heavily involved in.

Yeah good points. Though I've never sold anything in my life, I'm sure if I do keep the order I'll end up keeping the figure no matter what my feelings on it become.

the height doesn't bother me , i think the body, and armor looks great
it's the off likeness,, the manibles the size of the head, the mask , mostly the lenght of the dreadlocks, that went wrong for me.i'm not knocking it for others, it just don't do it for me, this is only my opinion.if your happy with it ,then buy it, it will increase in value over time as all ht predators do., i'm no longer happy with it,so i decided to cancell mine and that's all.

To me, I'd prefer large heads over small ones. After all, their large heads don't even look that big once all the armor and kit is on. The AVP's and P2's look great. But if you start with a "realistically proportionate" head like HT did on Berserker, then SHORTEN the body, then add armor, it starts to look tiny. And you'd think the helmet would save it from this, but the helmet's a little puny too. Won't be able to tell until I have it myself, but so far, that's how it seems to play out IMO.

:slap ---> here = you just do not see anything. :dunno

Don't mind Reaktwon. He has this severe case of selective blindness. His optical nerves seem to have a built-in filter that immediately enables him to not see anything wrong about the figure.

To me, I'd prefer large heads over small ones. After all, their large heads don't even look that big once all the armor and kit is on. The AVP's and P2's look great. But if you start with a "realistically proportionate" head like HT did on Berserker, then SHORTEN the body, then add armor, it starts to look tiny. And you'd think the helmet would save it from this, but the helmet's a little puny too. Won't be able to tell until I have it myself, but so far, that's how it seems to play out IMO.

:exactly::goodpost:

IMHO HT exercised too much artistic liberties in sculpting Berserker. I prefer the larger heads as well since that's also what's in the movies. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but from the looks of it (and the fact that they sacrificed function over form), this is going to be the least favorite of my Predators.

Last edited:
the best way to judge a figure is when you have it in your hand,upon first glance of this figure through the plastic i knew it looked good,but when you pick it up and feel how solidly made this figure is and how detailed the paint apps,headsculpt are trust me you wont be disappointed anymore,i know about the proto pics size and larger head but i feel it looks perfect as he is,even the bio being a little smaller than usual doesnt disappoint in hand as it just fits,the dreads fit,the armour fits,hell i cant think of one issue with this guy but maybe im easily pleased,but pleased i am and thats how i wanted to feel about the figure in hand.im sure even the guys who feel quite strongly regarding the proto-release differences will succumb to this figures charmes as he is one hell of an addition to an already awesome collection:yess: one gripe is he makes my wolf preds legs look like cindy crawfords:dunno size wise:rotfl

Well if hes already shipping them out I won't cancel so late on. OK then I'll join everyone else on this bandwagon. Eventually I'll display each 1/6 Predator with its 8" counterpart, should look pretty cool.

Back