Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...me and quite a few others obviously. :wink1:
I know exactly what you are talking about. I wanted Berseker to be bigger and have that "tarantula" head so many people hated. To me the berserker from the film looked better than any other predator Ive seen. He looked menacing, strong, and very vicious to me. I just said forget it Ill just look at it as another version of the berserker. And I really wanted a berserker figure and I knew no other company could compete with Hot Toys. Another thing thats needs to be said is that this figure isnt to please people who didnt like him in the movie. The figure is suppose to be accurate and true to how berserker looked in the movie. Im happy with this figure but if it looked true to the movie Id be estatic about it.

New Pred. body

They just need to increase the ankle pegs to gain height.

Hips are standard TT ball type but more limited as the thighs extends more around the ball (like t-800)... The Torso PVC exterior is thinner than I expected.
There might be some limited shoulder/clavicle articulation as some space remains.

IMG_9638-horz.jpg

IMG_9639-horz.jpg

IMG_9640-horz.jpg

IMG_9645-horz.jpg

IMG_9646-horz.jpg

IMG_9650-horz.jpg

I'm sure the wheels are turning for some customs & kit bashes now that we see what can be removed! I would loved to see a repaint of this body & weave in some old parts and somebody making a custom! Endless possibilites!

Great pics of the BZKR the last few pages, thanks. Question, are the ankle pegs fused to the lower legs? If so this (body type) could be a huge fail should they break, and can't be replaced.

Great pics of the BZKR the last few pages, thanks. Question, are the ankle pegs fused to the lower legs? If so this (body type) could be a huge fail should they break, and can't be replaced.

I would hazard a guess: the Pegs are ABS-like plastic glued to the PVC lower legs. I don't believe these type of pegs actually breaking/failing unless you purposely cut-it/damage-it.

They should have used a double ball peg for added ankle poseability.

^^The leg armours should be removable too......

@bandito
do you think that T-800(arnie) ankle pegs could work as extension? which HT figure has longer foot pegs? would it leave a gap between the pred's "armored jandals" if you extend this peg?(shucks, that could be the tweak i need...if HT does tweak the later batch, yey.)

@bandito
do you think that T-800(arnie) ankle pegs could work as extension? which HT figure has longer foot pegs? would it leave a gap between the pred's "armored jandals" if you extend this peg?(shucks, that could be the tweak i need...if HT does tweak the later batch, yey.)

You'll need to cut it or shape Arnie's pegs, remove the old pegs (if possible), and glue the new ones in.

Extending 0.5 to 1cm or so should not leave much gap between the boots, if it does you can always putty and resculpt (& repaint) the legs.

^somebody said this one before in here, it will look better displayed with the medicom collection.:lol

looks cute with medi zombie snake.

That is so true. That Snake doesn't even look intimidating next to Zerker. Looks more like a custom build a bear..:1-1:

yeah, the new pegs look huge...like regular neck pegs in size by the looks. re-sculpting would be least in my options...not that gifted in that department. :[

but i see a DIY plan in the drawing board here, here's to HOPE.

Other negative point to add to this figure , this ankle pegs make very dificult to get an easy tweak for the height.....

Other negative point to add to this figure , this ankle pegs make very dificult to get an easy tweak for the height.....

I actually like that super huge ankle peg. I rather not have this figure stand on 2 tiny pegs knowing that it'll snap at any given time.

I actually like that super huge ankle peg. I rather not have this figure stand on 2 tiny pegs knowing that it'll snap at any given time.

I Like big pegs for better stability , but i would like more a double jointed peg because you can change it by a longer peg and get an extra height

It's going to take more than you guys to try and dull down the positive reactions from people when they get him. I'll bet you won't have much to say when you get yours. The last thing my friends will do when they see it is nitpick it's height.

I'll have a lot of praise, I just don't see why we shouldn't be a bit miffed that HT shrunk him down after putting such emphasis on his size in the initial photos....and, up to present, not dropping the price. Figures still cool but dodgy move by HT.

I understand what was said but I don't agree with it. Hot Toys has created exactly what I was expecting. I'm not disappointed about something that I don't see as a problem. He is accurate to the movie. The adjustments made were for the better. The greater majority of those that have been complaining lately have decided to buy, so the pros must obviously far outweigh the cons. So all the cursing and accusations were silly, I think.

Head still looks small to me :monkey1
IMG_3820s.jpg

Untitled4-1.jpg

As for the pros and cons for me here's my list

Pros

1. It's an HT Pred
2. The likelyhood of the price significantly increasing is highly likely
3. The paint job is flawless as expected.
4. The sculpt itself is beautiful including the head however inaccurate and underscaled it is.

Cons

1. Very few accessories
2. Small head and bio
3. Small dreads
4. Inncaurately sculpted head (like I said the sculpt istelf is beatiful but no matter how you look at it it's still innaccurate. I really think wider and larger mandibles would have went a long way)
5. $200 price tag for a figure with all these innacuracies and few accessories.
6. Though the height itself is a non issue for me I still feel like HT purpously mislead its coustomers into beliving they were gonna get a larger figure.
7. Despite all the cons I've just listed I'm still probably gonna pick this up cause I'm a pathetic sheep and quite frankly I want a bad ass 1/6 scaled, poseable Berserker on my shelf and HT is my only option atm :rotfl

I'll have a lot of praise, I just don't see why we shouldn't be a bit miffed that HT shrunk him down after putting such emphasis on his size in the initial photos....and, up to present, not dropping the price. Figures still cool but dodgy move by HT.
:exactly:

Totally agree with you there. Seems a lost point a fair amount of people though. They seem to just take the attitude of "its a predator and I looks like the movie one". The negatives just seem lost on them.

Still a great figure with a great look. He may be shorter than his screen brother but he's still a part of the Berserker family. :peace

Edit : fasto - Before the people that dispute the hight come on. The second pic. Classic is on his knees.

:exactly:

Totally agree with you there. Seems a lost point a fair amount of people though. They seem to just take the attitude of "its a predator and I looks like the movie one". The negatives just seem lost on them.

Still a great figure with a great look. He may be shorter than his screen brother but he's still a part of the Berserker family. :peace

Edit : fasto - Before the people that dispute the hight come on. The second pic. Classic is on his knees.

I wasn't disputing his height, I was disputing the size of the head is too small :peace Also tecnically the shorter body is more screen accurate than the taller proto.

Head still looks small to me :monkey1
IMG_3820s.jpg

Untitled4-1.jpg

As for the pros and cons for me here's my list

Pros

1. It's an HT Pred
2. The likelyhood of the price significantly increasing is highly likely
3. The paint job is flawless as expected.
4. The sculpt itself is beautiful including the head however inaccurate and underscaled it is.

Cons

1. Very few accessories
2. Small head and bio
3. Small dreads
4. Inncaurately sculpted head (like I said the sculpt istelf is beatiful but no matter how you look at it it's still innaccurate. I really think wider and larger mandibles would have went a long way)
5. $200 price tag for a figure with all these innacuracies and few accessories.
6. Though the height itself is a non issue for me I still feel like HT purpously mislead its coustomers into beliving they were gonna get a larger figure.
7. Despite all the cons I've just listed I'm still probably gonna pick this up cause I'm a pathetic sheep and quite frankly I want a bad ass 1/6 scaled, poseable Berserker on my shelf and HT is my only option atm :rotfl
I agree 100%

Back