1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT does old dudes well. My cabinet is filled with them.. ANH Obi, Dooku, Expendables Ross. I had a young Ripley and sold her because due to the lack of facial detail!

Got an email notification that my Qui-Gon is shipping out next Wednesday, the 11th. That's pretty quickly after the first shipping date, they must be sending these out in small batches to help manage their shipping process.

HT does old dudes well. My cabinet is filled with them.. ANH Obi, Dooku, Expendables Ross. I -had a young Ripley and sold her because due to the lack of facial detail!

Ripley was such a disappointment. Considered her for a while but it just didn't look enough like Weaver or enough like a real human the way a lot of HT figures do. They did a nice enough job with the ANH Leia portrait but even there I've seen repainted take it to the next level.

Ripley was such a disappointment. Considered her for a while but it just didn't look enough like Weaver or enough like a real human the way a lot of HT figures do. They did a nice enough job with the ANH Leia portrait but even there I've seen repainted take it to the next level.

Love my Ripley figure. It's a lot better in person imo. I would never sell her off.

If you watch my Youtube review of Ripley I have a segment where I compare her head sculpt to others in my collection. You can see that it was not even in the same league. It’s ashame really because I had waited a long time for her. Had her in my display for over a year but eveytime I looked at her I was disappointed. And when I am disappointed “you gots to go”!!!

Paid off Qui-Gon aside from shipping and tax last night. Hopefully mine gets sent out in the next week or so.

While we’re off topic on Ripley- to me she’s not bad, but could have been better. The real travesty of that set is the Jonesy though. That might be one of the weakest efforts I’ve seen by Hot Toys. The sculpt isn’t great, and the paint doesn’t help it.

Love my Ripley figure. It's a lot better in person imo. I would never sell her off.

Agreed. I even picked up a second sculpt, trimmed the hair and used it for my Power Loader Ripley. Looks fantastic.

If you watch my Youtube review of Ripley I have a segment where I compare her head sculpt to others in my collection. You can see that it was not even in the same league. It?s ashame really because I had waited a long time for her. Had her in my display for over a year but eveytime I looked at her I was disappointed. And when I am disappointed ?you gots to go?!!!

The sculpt might be a tad on the soft side alright (as are most of the HT sculpts) but i still see lots of Weaver in the likeness and it pops better under over head lighting.

It's also a must have to go along side Big chap. Two of my favourite figures from one of my all time favourite movies:)

The sculpt might be a tad on the soft side alright (as are most of the HT sculpts) but i still see lots of Weaver in the likeness and it pops better under over head lighting.

It's also a must have to go along side Big chap. Two of my favourite figures from one of my all time favourite movies:)

My final hijacking of the Qui-Gon thread with a quick acknowledgement of matrix69's observations:

1. Ripley has to be displayed with Big Chap.
2. Jonesy is an abomination and needs to be kept in the cage...

IMG_2104 sm.jpg

Back to Qui Gon - I passed on this figure, as aside from Darth Maul, I've been pretty good in not picking up any PT figs. Qui Gon does look great, however. I will say that I'm tempted in picking him up along with the inevitable apprentice Obi-Won to display fighting Maul.

I feel like I’m going to end up with a few more prequel characters than I planned due to The Clone Wars. So far I haven’t gotten too crazy though. Have Anakin and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon should be coming soon. I think my next order will be Commander Cody.

Cody has been tempting since first announced. It would be a great representation of the clones, in just one figure. That would be enough for me.

I have not purchased a figure in 2020. If there is one it might be Qui Gonn however I am still interested in how ROS Kylo turns out. Hopefully they release production images soon.

I get why people like Rex, I just haven’t watched CW in its entirety so I don’t have much of an attachment, unlike ROTS.

My qgj turned up Friday. Looks good. I’m pleased with him. Not done much posing with him but he looks great next to Darth maul dx. Shame a detolf isn’t a bit bigger

Back