1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate the photos....I'm still very keen on getting this figure. Must say though that some of the shots are making the portrait look really soft. For those that have him, is it the photos or did the features definitely soften in production? If so, it's a little disappointing.

That?s exactly the same vibe I?m getting from every photo I?ve seen.

20201019_210933.jpg
20201019_210951.jpg
20201019_211004.jpg
20201019_211020.jpg

I don't know...the sculpt looks fine to me. I feel as though the lighting in some of those pictures is throwing it off a bit. I see Neeson and I see Qui-Gon. I think maybe some of the fine details are missing from the prototype but that always happens. I'm sure we'll keep seeing more photos that will give more clarity in the coming days and weeks.

I don't know...the sculpt looks fine to me. I feel as though the lighting in some of those pictures is throwing it off a bit. I see Neeson and I see Qui-Gon. I think maybe some of the fine details are missing from the prototype but that always happens. I'm sure we'll keep seeing more photos that will give more clarity in the coming days and weeks.

The sculpt always looks much better in hand. I try to remember when looking at these photos that the head is in reality about an inch tall so on the shelf, the likeness always looks pretty good to me. I'm anxious to get him in for sure!

The sculpt always looks much better in hand. I try to remember when looking at these photos that the head is in reality about an inch tall so on the shelf, the likeness always looks pretty good to me. I'm anxious to get him in for sure!

Think he looks great too - looking forward to him!

I am really on the fence with Qui Gonn. The figure looks fantastic but still questioning if I need it. But on the other end I feel that this may be the last 1/6 figure at the $240 price range. As we all have been seeing they are in the $280 range now. In addition the next batch of interesting figures (Jango, Snowspeeder Luke) are scheduled for 2022. My last purchase was Dooku and Maul (EP1) in 2019. So there is a HUGE gap between my Maul and 2022 (if I agree to pay $280 prices). Yeah I know problems nobody will care about……even my wife!!

I am really on the fence with Qui Gonn. The figure looks fantastic but still questioning if I need it. But on the other end I feel that this may be the last 1/6 figure at the $240 price range. As we all have been seeing they are in the $280 range now. In addition the next batch of interesting figures (Jango, Snowspeeder Luke) are scheduled for 2022. My last purchase was Dooku and Maul (EP1) in 2019. So there is a HUGE gap between my Maul and 2022 (if I agree to pay $280 prices). Yeah I know problems nobody will care about……even my wife!!

The price really depends on accessories. I mean Lando literally went up a couple weeks ago for $235. Jango is $280 since he comes with a bunch of other stuff.

Just got my email tonight to say it’s shipping soon. 7 days til they take final payment

When did you place your order? I'm still waiting on mine but granted, I didn't place my order until last month so I'm guessing I won't be in the first batch.

Also March pre-order and no email for QGJ.

Solo Maul I ordered two weeks ago and he is shipping and charging tomorrow.

Sideshow charging me tomorrow.

It?s been so long since I last purchased a Hot Toys figure. R2D2 deluxe was the last, whenever that was.

Their choices are not appealing at all. Still waiting and hoping for OT C3P0, Battle Droid, Padme, and General Grievous.

Back