Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only is the design cool, but the execution is amazing with this. It is the best example of 'man in suit' I've ever seen in 1/6 scale. I also love the gloss finish on the armour and helmet.
Can't wait to see Phasma, and I'm dying to see whether they can keep up this quality for Rey, Finn and Poe. 2016 is going to hurt the wallet!

I was under the impression that Hot Toys had their license through Sideshow and not their own?

The only figure that was released with Sideshow was the DX Luke... seems the reason we saw no follow-up figures after that release for so long was HT was working on securing their own license. And now we've got a proliferation of HT Star Wars 1/6 figures.

HOT TOYS naturally is a very smart company. They are juicing your funds (not mine) with all the background “few seconds of screen time” troopers. Later after the movie is released and these figures start shipping HT will reveal the main cast of figures.

Wow! Looks great! I agree the design matches or even slightly surpasses the original.

But yeah, the amount of figures announced so far is already overwhelming!

Have to agree about the great design on this. I know people love the original OT version, but the massive oversized helmet always made it look just a bit silly to me. But the proportions on this one appear to be MUCH better.

HOT TOYS naturally is a very smart company. They are juicing your funds (not mine) with all the background “few seconds of screen time” troopers. Later after the movie is released and these figures start shipping HT will reveal the main cast of figures.

We have no idea yet about screen time. I think we can safely say that Kylo Ren and the standard trooper will have a lot of screen time.

Plus, there may have been a directive from Disney preventing release of our three heroes due to accessory spoilers.

Man I hate the way they're releasing all of these before the movie is even out. It looks pretty cool but since I haven't seen any of these troops in action I have no interest in buying them. Its a strange marketing plan. Merchandise should come out after the film to keep people interested and the cash flow flowing. Showing something before does very little.

Any reason they have lost one pipe from the chest to the helmet? Imperial cut backs after battle of Endor?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Generally I've found that when there's a huge push in merchandise BEFORE a film opens, it generally means the film is weak and they are trying to cash in on the hype prior to the truth being revealed. You can see this every day in advertising when there's mass marketing of a film, like say "Black Mass", and then the films comes out and well... heavy promotion of anything is generally a bad sign. If the film is great, you don't need to spend the money; people WILL talk about it.

That said, STAR WARS has a long history of pre-hype. And an even longer history of crazed interest. So it's probably unfair to pre-judge the film based on the greed of licensors.

Man I hate the way they're releasing all of these before the movie is even out. It looks pretty cool but since I haven't seen any of these troops in action I have no interest in buying them. Its a strange marketing plan. Merchandise should come out after the film to keep people interested and the cash flow flowing. Showing something before does very little.

They will have 20 figures before the movie is out and another 40 after. Trust me, the money will never stop flowing!

I think the thing that makes this a must have is that its a new design and its BLACK. Remember the Black hole Shadowtrooper? Sold out in a flash! May have to get this one!

Back