Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why people keep saying if the movie is good? No doubt it will be good. Will it be a great movie? That's a better question. And will it be a great Star Wars Movie? Even better. No doubt it will be good though. All HT SW will be mine. Multiples of some too.

This one looks awesome. I'll have to debate him, though I may bite...he looks pretty badass, and is different enough from the First Order Stormtrooper two-pack that I ordered. I think I'd go with this guy and Phasma as the only other troopers I'd pick up. I'm pretty sure I'll be passing on the Flame Trooper, and while the Snowtroopers look cool (I'm actually a fan of the design) there's only so many troopers I need.

Actually, I'm pretty much at my quota with the initial two-pack, but this guy is really well designed, so I may stray! :lol

I'm a hardcore OT design lover but this might be the only time I've seen a new design that i like more than the original. Just wish he didn't have that weird looking "hat" and it had two breathing tubes instead of one like the original.

I really need to see the movie first before i go all in with TFA line. I mean at one point i wanted to go all in with the AoU line but although i liked the movie i didn't love it enough to justify that kind of cash outlay. In the meantime i really hope they are not done with the OT. So many more OT Hot Toys i want to see. Kind of wish TFA wasn't coming out so soon so they could have had more time to make more OT figures!

It was bound to happen, but this I might be interested in even before seeing the movie, but wasn't the face highlighted with red when it flashes by in the trailer?

Doesn't look much like a duck either so it has that going for it as well.

I had a feeling when I woke up yet ANOTHER new TFA figure would be revealed. These are hitting so fast at the moment. With so many on pre order currently, I just cannot justify another. I still need Han, Chewie, Luke and Leia!

I had a feeling when I woke up yet ANOTHER new TFA figure would be revealed. These are hitting so fast at the moment. With so many on pre order currently, I just cannot justify another. I still need Han, Chewie, Luke and Leia!

I think they'll be pretty steady with releases every couple of weeks until the movie comes out. Flametrooper and Phasma are two likely ones that'll be out in October, with some of the main characters hitting closer to November, I'm sure!

For those worried about the original trilogy, well, I wouldn't! :lol Hot Toys isn't stupid, and they're aware of how much they can get from this franchise. It's only a matter of time before Hot Toys has more out from the OT, and even the prequels. I don't see this Star Wars ship setting sail any time in the next handful of years!

Love the "mouth" and the "goggles"... but that weird little hat he's wearing is strange.

Hope its a pull-down blast shield or something.

I can't tell if the "hat" is a molded part of the helmet or a separate, movable/removable piece. If it's a molded part of the helmet, which I assume it is based on the lack of any images showing differently, then it may be a design choice intended to emulate some of the latest air force pilot helmets that have a lot of fancy crap on them to assist pilots with situational awareness.

220px-F-35_Helmet_Mounted_Display_System.jpg

And are there supposed to be red lines on the face mask or no? I seem to recall there being red lines on the mask in the trailer, which would be consistent with the splash of red of the First Order TIE Fighter. I don't think the lines were a light reflection from red lights in the cockpit.

By far the best TFA HT figure so far. The flight suit is amazing.
I'm surprised they didn't release the Elite pilot at the same time.

Back