Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only HT 1/6 TFA figures I had planned to get were an old Luke and maybe Kylo Ren. But this one looks too badass to pass up.

Have to join the chorus and agree that this design holds it's own over the OT and maybe beats it. I'm not getting into the TFA stuff as I have to draw the line somewhere but this is dang tempting. They got just the right amount of detail and design in, he looks fantastic.

As for SSC doing TFA 1:6, it's only been HT that announced that they had the 1:6 licence for it (specifically), IIRC, so I'm not sure SSC will producing 1:6 at all for Episodes VII+? I believe they did say they would be releasing PFs and whatnot, so maybe they're sticking with that and will be happy to distribute for HT w/o investing anything upfront (and they should make a killing just from that). I don't see them moving out of the PT/OT, when it comes to the 1:6 stuff, but who knows. Just seems like HT has it locked down.

Again I did be concern with the durability of the suit. Doesn't seem to be made of cloth.

Looks like nylon or something...probably nothing to worry about.

Yet another item to add to my ever growing list of toys.....

I will never, ever buy.

Why not? I probably won't bite either; no nostalgic resonance, Star Wars saturation, etc. What's your take on it?

I'm a hardcore OT design lover but this might be the only time I've seen a new design that i like more than the original. Just wish he didn't have that weird looking "hat" and it had two breathing tubes instead of one like the original.

The "hat" isn't a blast shield near as I can tell, but as Rydeck pointed out, a reference to contemporary high tech pilot gear. My main problem with the original are the obvious motorcycle boots and plain belt, but hey, it was only meant to be seen for a few seconds of screen time.

And are there supposed to be red lines on the face mask or no? I seem to recall there being red lines on the mask in the trailer, which would be consistent with the splash of red of the First Order TIE Fighter. I don't think the lines were a light reflection from red lights in the cockpit.

That was an "elite" pilot.

Any one else think Hot Toys might actually be hurting their sales with the volume of TFA's releases? Very few people will be able to keep up with these numbers at these prices.

Damn this does look nice though.

Star Wars fans are a little crazy; they're banking on that and we don't know what kind of numbers they produced. It may be an investment to corner the market, too, who knows?

The Howard works in mysterious ways.

Amazing figure. I fall in the camp of equal design to the original. Its really cool how they broke up the breathing box. I love the jumpsuit and all of the bits. May be best TFA armor for me........so far. :lol

this is a magnificent, absolutely stunning figure! :winner

good one.jpg

Fantastic! :rock First concept from the first order that I think slightly improved the original look.

Wow! This looks great!! So far I have not been blown away by any of the designs for EPVII troopers, but this is the 1st that I actually like! The regular troopers look too much like ducks :( (once seen I can't unsee... :lol). The snow troopers and flame troopers helmets make no sense with just a slit for eye sections, but this looks cool. Almost like a modern day jet fighter pilot helmet. Now why couldn't Disney have just used this design as the First Order trooper too!! Take away the two bottom helmet extensions for the hoses and the whatever's on the top, then paint this white and it would've been great as a regular Stormtrooper too!!

Wow! This looks great!! So far I have not been blown away by any of the designs for EPVII troopers, but this is the 1st that I actually like! The regular troopers look too much like ducks :( (once seen I can't unsee... :lol). The snow troopers and flame troopers helmets make no sense with just a slit for eye sections, but this looks cool. Almost like a modern day jet fighter pilot helmet. Now why couldn't Disney have just used this design as the First Order trooper too!! Take away the two bottom helmet extensions for the hoses and the whatever's on the top, then paint this white and it would've been great as a regular Stormtrooper too!!

i think the flametrooper took the same helmet design.

Really digging the look of this one... and I love that the Kenner blaster was translated into an actual screen weapon; the circle is now complete :lecture :rock

39f77fc3-b455-4cdb-956a-ee49db9e3c3e_zpsz3nwoncs.jpg

header.jpg

I have to agree that this is the best of the trooper designs for The Force Awakens. Why the hell didn't they go with this helmet design for the Stormtroopers? It's far more impressive than the "duck" design.

I think that is when HT was piggy backing on SS license. But now HT has their own license. They just aren't stepping on each others toes now with releases. As it is, I don't see the point in SS making TFA figures.

I was under the impression that Hot Toys had their license through Sideshow and not their own?

I really like the whole look of this figure. I hope the pants look that good when released. The same goes for the shininess of the armor parts. This is my favorite TFA release so far from Hot Toys, except maybe Kyo Ren.

So... I guess this means we are getting exactly ZERO TFA figures from Sideshow.

The conventional wisdom a year ago was that HT would do the human (and I guess non-human) leads and Sideshow would do armored and creatures. So much for HT not doing armored - both OT and TFA.

Wish there was some way to know what their relationship is when it comes to 1/6 SW "turf."

This is a good thing HT. I've been saying it from the beginning. I think SS does not have the 1:6 license for TFA. If they do then I will eat crow but so far, they aren't doing much with it.

Back