1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally unboxed her and took some pics.

IMG_1596_zpsxkgxoqrx.jpg

She's naked!

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of phasma. In principal and because of her design I would love to be. I'm sure I'm aligned with many in the fact that I'm not a big fan because of her lack of purpose in the film.

However I hope she shows more in the upcoming films, one thing I will say is that I think phasma is an underrated figure.

She's the best TFA release IMO. I'd probably put kylo second only falling short because of his lack of maskless head. What I like about the figure besides the beautiful chrome effect, is that it achieves poses that look more natural and realistic than almost any figure.

It's not about achieving hundreds of poses, she doesn't need that anyway, it's about poses thst look natural and she excels in this unlike figures like Finn which I can't go into even a simple pose without it looking unnatural and like a toy.

She also gets flack for her cape. Trust me hot toys can't do a damn cape to save theirs life. That being said this one works it just needs folding and futzing and it looks competely realistic and natural. It's one case where the wires in the cape are not a hiderance and makes things worse as is the case with most hot toys figures.

As s figure I give this a solid A+ it's as high as iv'e ever rated any figure.

Just got this yesterday. After getting her out and trying to pose it I'm not all that impressed by the figure. The nature of the suit restricts movement greatly, even more so than a TFA Stormtrooper. The stitching on the black gasket type of material around the shoulders looks like it's about to start coming apart in the armpits, so I wont pose her with the arms moved at the shoulders. The rest of the body and costume comes off as very stiff and not at all natural without some effort trying to get a good pose. Basically Phasma is less poseable than my Sideshow C-3P0 and almost as robotic looking.

She comes with the long TFA fixed stock blaster rifle my Snowtroopers and Jakku Trooper have. I'm not sure if the smaller regular blaster without the fixed stock is undersized or the fixed stock one is oversized. Since most think the fixed stock blaster rifle looks a bit big, I'm going to say this fixed stock blaster she comes with is oversized.
The brow strip on my Phasma helmet is very dark and almost looks black due to too much black detail paint they applied. It might be possible to remove the black weathering but I don't want to try, you shouldn't have to fix it at this price point, and HT should issue a replacement helmet with proper paint.

The figure does look good once you try and get some personality into the pose, but it's really only one or two stiff poses and that's it. I'm glad I got a significant discount on this otherwise I'd send it back.
Hot Toys Captain Phasma 002.jpg

Watching the film again, I just realized that Rey and Phasma had no interaction at all. Even when Rey was interrogated at Starkiller base, Phasma never saw her. :dunno

Ok...what is the mystery wire strap on the left side of the back for....I already attached the neck strap...

Mine finally arrived to England today in my hands. Can't believe it's nearing a year since I first preordered her.

I know she's a bit of a lame ass in the film but I'm completely PHASMATIC (I own 25 unique Phasma figures from around the world), this is by far the best Phasma I own, though the strap on the left side isn't screen accurate. But I am impressed. I have her displayed on the table next to my sofa cuz I wanna look at her constantly.

My pics:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Despite being a fingerprint magnet and having the stiffest articulation I'm loving it.

d32b3d0d7df1e65bf723589401a16966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Gotta say I'm obsessed. I am certifiably PHASMATIC but this is such a kickass figure. I was excited for her but I Gotta say taking care giving her a great pose and making the cape drape perfectly just elevated this figure so much. I Gotta say I've seen some shots of some people's Phasmas and these two things really make or break the look of the figure.

I am biased but this is by far the coolest figure I've ever had. I can't stop looking at her.

Yes very big shelf presence- she is TALL and the hips and feet shaping give away it's a woman in there....

Back