1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The designs for some of the villains are just bad. Marvel struggles with comic to realism, but they nailed Mysterio no question. Vulture was cool in the movie, but honestly I don't care for the look. The VG version is comic-y and I would totally get that. IMO, movie Lizard/Electro/Doc Ock/Shocker/Scorpion/Venom/Goblin have all sucked so far. Goblin's mask is cool, but needed some purple in the armor. Doc Ock was just kind of hobo, I'd like a green jump suit. If you can have Thor's lightning braid his hair and add armor onto his body in an instant, you can give these guys comic book looking costumes.
I agree, Doc Ock in SM2 never wow'd me. He very much looked like a hobo for sure. In fact, Alfred Molina's casting was always an odd choice to me. Who was he and why him??? He didn't have a large profile or following as an actor, so when I saw the movie as a kid he was just some random nobody. Now James Cameron's Arnie Doc Ock would have been something! Anyways kinda sucks MCU won't be recasting these parts and are relying on legacy actors (Jamie Foxx was a horrendous "Electro").

I agree, Doc Ock in SM2 never wow'd me. He very much looked like a hobo for sure. In fact, Alfred Molina's casting was always an odd choice to me. Who was he and why him??? He didn't have a large profile or following as an actor, so when I saw the movie as a kid he was just some random nobody. Now James Cameron's Arnie Doc Ock would have been something! Anyways kinda sucks MCU won't be recasting these parts and are relying on legacy actors (Jamie Foxx was a horrendous "Electro").
I liked Molina. Foxx's Electro was just a bad take on the villain. He has name recognition and goes with Garfield's Spidey. I'd rather see yellow electricity instead of blue with an all black leather suit. The whole movie sucked. :monkey4

Keep in mind that they're appearing in a movie with a multiverse, so while they'll now be canon in the MCU it's likely their existence won't preclude different versions of the characters appearing at some point in the Tom Holland MCU time stream.

Keep in mind that they're appearing in a movie with a multiverse, so while they'll now be canon in the MCU it's likely their existence won't preclude different versions of the characters appearing at some point in the Tom Holland MCU time stream.
Yeah, yeah...I get that...but you're also canonizing awful movies with awful casting into the MCU and that just doesn't seem smart. If you're top dog you usually try to distance yourself when the stink of dog shi-- t is strong. TASM series was the worst! lol

I agree, Doc Ock in SM2 never wow'd me. He very much looked like a hobo for sure. In fact, Alfred Molina's casting was always an odd choice to me. Who was he and why him??? He didn't have a large profile or following as an actor, so when I saw the movie as a kid he was just some random nobody. Now James Cameron's Arnie Doc Ock would have been something!

I didn't care for Molina either, but I also don't care for the Hollywood casting that began with Jack Nicholson (which was great) and somehow continued on with Big Names as villains.

I prefer unknowns that capture the character -- like Rickman as Hans Gruber or as Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith.

Molina had no presence to me. A fine actor, but no pizzazz. He did an admirable job but someone else could have really excelled in the roll.

Yeah, I wish that the brief rumor that Jared Harris was being considered for a new Doc Oc had panned out. :cry:

I love Vulture's design in Homecoming. It's actually one of my favorite interpretations in the MCU. If the final version of this figure turns out to be stellar, I might have to find a way to acquire it, even if my heart will always be set on the one that HT previewed but never delivered on.

Doc Ock was not only an amazing villain in SM2 but his design was also awesome. In the comics his tentacles usually looked like the claw you use in a prize grabber machine, in the movie they were incredibly badass and menacing. Also i know Green Goblin got a lot of flack for looking like a power ranger, but i always liked his costume in that. The toys era figure of him is incredible.
I always hated the Raimi Goblin design until I got the Toys Era figure. Now I appreciate more the look they were going for. I was just really wanting a comic accurate look at the time but there is no way you could do that I think, it would look ridiculous.

I always hated the Raimi Goblin design until I got the Toys Era figure. Now I appreciate more the look they were going for. I was just really wanting a comic accurate look at the time but there is no way you could do that I think, it would look ridiculous.
The Toys Era figure is great, as is Toys Era Doc Ock figure. I'm looking forward to the Jazz Inc Vulture figure.
It's crazy that we have to go to third parties to get the movie Spidey villains. At least Hot Toys made Mysterio.
I'm considering Venom, but didn't like the movie and the sequel's trailer looked worse.

Alfred Molina is a great actor. As a kid i didn't know who he was when i saw SM2, i just knew him as Doc Ock. And that didn't matter in the slightest. He was tragic, funny, scary and fun. He's a large part of why SM2 is still thought of today by a lot of people as one of the greatest comic book movies ever made. Literally the only villains that can even compete with Molina's Ock in CBM's imo are Ledger's Joker, Thanos and Wilson Fisk in the DD show. Dafoe was great as Green Goblin too.

Arnie would have been terrible. I love Arnie but did you see Batman & Robin? Lol he would have been cheesy as hell.

Satipo and Doc Ock were both cool bad guy roles for Molina.

EdJaEGeUwAMezIF.jpg

Alfred Molina is a great actor. As a kid i didn't know who he was when i saw SM2, i just knew him as Doc Ock. And that didn't matter in the slightest. He was tragic, funny, scary and fun. He's a large part of why SM2 is still thought of today by a lot of people as one of the greatest comic book movies ever made. Literally the only villains that can even compete with Molina's Ock in CBM's imo are Ledger's Joker, Thanos and Wilson Fisk in the DD show. Dafoe was great as Green Goblin too.

Arnie would have been terrible. I love Arnie but did you see Batman & Robin? Lol he would have been cheesy as hell.
Lol Batman & Robin was a great, fun film for me as a kid. I still have fond memories of it and watch it for fun every now and then.

But Arnie would have been in JAMES CAMERON'S hard-R Spider-Man, so I have a feeling the character would have been portrayed as intimidating and not goofy lol.

Back