1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does the fur around his collar look like long hair and not like shaggy fur? Doesn't seem movie accurate, and doesn't even look right to my eye. Kinda looks like Thor's beard is coming out from under his helmet. ;)
It's been discussed in Jazzinc's Facebook group. Joost's moderator even posted screen caps of Keaton and strongly suggested that it should be shortened. I think we'll probably see that happen. Making it shorter is easier than the other way around. :lol

Having issues loading images...

Attachments

• Wor-Gar jacket COMP 7-27-21.jpg
    Wor-Gar jacket COMP 7-27-21.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 107
Good to hear that the fur might be adjusted.

Also, I thought the jacket was a little more baggy and more like a bomber jacket. This is more fitted.

The arms look baggy, but the body of the jacket itself not so much. I imagine it's not that easy to make a baggy jacket in this scale. The wings don't require him to raise his arms (vs. Falcon, say), so I think as long as it doesn't ride up it should be fine.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 15-43-12 (1) Pinterest.png

I'm not too worried, I don't think anyone will be looking at the jacket. :LOL:
Exactly. Someone was whining about the color of the gloved hands. They may be a lighter brown than on film, but SERIOUSLY? Keep your eye on the prize, pal! I noticed their color too, but I wasn't about to piss & moan about it lol. I have spare, dark brown gloves from TFA Captain America that I can swap them out with if it bothers me.

Think Hot Toys did a much better job with the jacket but their tailoring is usually the best outside of custom works. But then again I guess this is a custom?

Regardless the big draw to this figure are the wings.

DjbbgGNV4AA1r4s.jpg

Think Hot Toys did a much better job with the jacket but their tailoring is usually the best outside of custom works. But then again I guess this is a custom?

Regardless the big draw to this figure are the wings.

DjbbgGNV4AA1r4s.jpg
What happened to HT's? never made it into production?

What happened to HT's? never made it into production?
historically, it would seem that marvel villains dont seem to sell well. The figures that have sold out quick probably had small production runs is my guess. They probably did consider vulture but balked on the perceived demand.

historically, it would seem that marvel villains dont seem to sell well. The figures that have sold out quick probably had small production runs is my guess. They probably did consider vulture but balked on the perceived demand.
Hopefully he is in SM: NWH and he gets a new look. I would rather have a Vulture that has the wing span of Falcon in all green. I would get that over this one.

Hopefully he is in SM: NWH and he gets a new look. I would rather have a Vulture that has the wing span of Falcon in all green. I would get that over this one.
Yeah I'm hoping he gets a more refined costumed. More streamlined and maybe closer to Falcon.

I'd love a figure of the PS4 Spider-Man Vulture. Think it's a great modern take to his classic look.

ij0GaFd.png

Yeah I'm hoping he gets a more refined costumed. More streamlined and maybe closer to Falcon.

I'd love a figure of the PS4 Spider-Man Vulture. Think it's a great modern take to his classic look.

ij0GaFd.png
The designs for some of the villains are just bad. Marvel struggles with comic to realism, but they nailed Mysterio no question. Vulture was cool in the movie, but honestly I don't care for the look. The VG version is comic-y and I would totally get that. IMO, movie Lizard/Electro/Doc Ock/Shocker/Scorpion/Venom/Goblin have all sucked so far. Goblin's mask is cool, but needed some purple in the armor. Doc Ock was just kind of hobo, I'd like a green jump suit. If you can have Thor's lightning braid his hair and add armor onto his body in an instant, you can give these guys comic book looking costumes.

The designs for some of the villains are just bad. Marvel struggles with comic to realism, but they nailed Mysterio no question. Vulture was cool in the movie, but honestly I don't care for the look. The VG version is comic-y and I would totally get that. IMO, movie Lizard/Electro/Doc Ock/Shocker/Scorpion/Venom/Goblin have all sucked so far. Goblin's mask is cool, but needed some purple in the armor. Doc Ock was just kind of hobo, I'd like a green jump suit. If you can have Thor's lightning braid his hair and add armor onto his body in an instant, you can give these guys comic book looking costumes.
Doc Ock was not only an amazing villain in SM2 but his design was also awesome. In the comics his tentacles usually looked like the claw you use in a prize grabber machine, in the movie they were incredibly badass and menacing. Also i know Green Goblin got a lot of flack for looking like a power ranger, but i always liked his costume in that. The toys era figure of him is incredible.

Back