1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jedha, totally agree with you on trimming the plastic holder so the wing hinge can become usable!

Please let Joost know.

Also, will the clear plastic support the weight when it is angled forward so the weight is fully on one side of the holder?

Last edited:
Jedha, totally agree with you on trimming the plastic holder so the wing hinge can become usable!

Please let Joost know.

Also, will the clear plastic support the weight when it is angled forward so the weight is fully on one side of the holder?
Full figure + wings too heavy for full horizontal flight

The fur on the jacket looks terrible. It's so sloppy
1628221315556.png

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Looks amazing besides the collar at this point. Although Joost said he'll be fixing that apparently.

Please let Joost know.

I also agree. It appeared to impede the hinge when I watched Justin's video but he didn't make mention of it. I find the overall shape of the acrylic pieces to be somewhat curious, as their contours don't quite match those of the bottom of the wings as expected (I assumed the black pieces on top of the poles not only anchored the acrylic pieces but were mated/fitted to their complimentary wing panels). I'm also guessing the lower profile in the middle is for clearance to the backpack? I grabbed this view of his backside from Joost's video. It would be nice if we could get a pic from the rear when he's in the flight stand.

IS_Joost.jpg

amazing figure and great images. fantastic achievement. I already have 2 figures with big wings; this one is bigger than those and I barely have display space for one figure with wings

I just measured 4 foot against my detolfs -- wingspan crosses THREE full detolfs!!! AWESOME!

This thing will have such presence -- dominating presence!

I really wish Joost would post a picture of someone holding this bird. I don't think anyone has quite captured the sheer scale on camera yet.

Also, if you are reading here Joost:
1) Any decision on cutting that plastic holder so it doesn't interfere with the wing hinge?
2) And can you throw in batteries for the eye lights please!

I just measured 4 foot against my detolfs -- wingspan crosses THREE full detolfs!!! AWESOME!

This thing will have such presence -- dominating presence!

I really wish Joost would post a picture of someone holding this bird. I don't think anyone has quite captured the sheer scale on camera yet.

Also, if you are reading here Joost:
1) Any decision on cutting that plastic holder so it doesn't interfere with the wing hinge?
2) And can you throw in batteries for the eye lights please!

What's odd is that Joost seemed to get quite a bit of bend from both hinges with the existing design of those plastic pieces. Maybe you just have to have him located dead center.

I'm now wondering if those pieces also serve to restrict the wings from folding too far forward - i.e., it's a center of gravity issue?

IS_Joost2.jpg

I wonder how heavy this bird truly is? Like 2 lbs... or 8?

If you look at the picture you posted, and tip Vulture back about that amount, that is how I envision posing him with legs -- and claws -- raised. I hope the plastic guard can hold the weight for years to come.

Well the poles should bear most (if not all) of the weight, with the plastic pieces just keeping it from slipping out of position. If you're going to tip the wings back you could probably sandwich a couple of short, thin metal extensions between the back plastic piece and the top pieces of the poles. I'm thinking something about as thin and wide as a hacksaw blade, @2-1/2" long (high) with a clearance hole for one of the plastic piece's attaching screws. Those would provide your extra support and since they'd be in the back their appearance would likely not an issue (but you could always paint them gray or green to blend in).

Not sure I want to have less "screw" potential with holding the plastic guards tight in place. Again, I think the plastic itself is probably strong enough, but it does depend on the weight of the figure and wings pressing down on it over a long period of time.

No matter what, I'll tie a "security line" to the figure in event of an earthquake.

Screw potential? That's a new one. :lol

What I was suggesting would probably mean one less thread as far as engagement, but there are such things as longer screws (even combined with washers!) should the need arise lol.

Back