1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the horses mouth (screen capture from FB).

Joost.jpg

Really it should be Q4 2021/Q1 2022 as I bet more delays with Covid, plus if you are some of the folks in the middle/end of his orders to get shipped out. That is two plus years and I understand that stuff happens, but peoples' collections change/shift, including my own. Also, interest in this figure will/has surely died down since the movie was released (7/2017; 4-5 years). Not to mention all the newer stuff announced recently and the upcoming mammoth of shows being put out by Disney (+), and this figure although excellent for the price is still steep regardless the state the world is in.

I do not preorder items anymore for this very reason. Too many variables and funds tied up in items that potentially will not fit your vison once it is released.

Not knocking Joost for his valiant effort(s) here just putting my opinion on how I process my possible purchase(s). I'm sure I am not alone in this as the wait times and collectibles continue to increase, we the collectors are becoming more apprehensive about committing to something that can be dismissed going forward.

I guess I should have scrolled down further on the product page. :lol But it does read to me that any orders placed between the start of the pre-order process and now will start shipping at the end of September. Hopefully Joost is just being a bit conservative with that estimate, but based on how other projects have been delayed that may end up being accurate. Or even optimistic. :horror

Yeah, that is what I assume also. Just curious about the sudden use of Batches. Perhaps anticipatory. But it does allow for a cut-off at some point, and a potentially long window until Batch 2 gets underway (depending if they must wait for a certain amount of orders to come in before beginning the next batch).

That is two plus years and I understand that stuff happens, but peoples' collections change/shift, including my own. Also, interest in this figure will/has surely died down since the movie was released (7/2017; 4-5 years). Not to mention all the newer stuff announced recently and the upcoming mammoth of shows being put out by Disney (+), and this figure although excellent for the price is still steep regardless the state the world is in.

I do not preorder items anymore for this very reason. Too many variables and funds tied up in items that potentially will not fit your vison once it is released.

I do not preorder in general because of the long wait... but I pretty much only collect what I really love, so there's no mind-changing a couple years later. If I love it now, I will love it tomorrow. I never order something trendy... and I pretty much know where my collection is going at all times (mine doesn't have a mind of its own). If your vision keeps changing, perhaps it will revert back to when you thought this was cool? I have seen many people jump on things -- particularly Iron Man -- just to sell it quickly for the next shiny new one, and then a couple years later pay double-dollar to reacquire what they once had because they decided they really did like it.

Last edited:
I think the batches started with the BvS Batmobile, as that went through several permutations, including adding a JL kit and diorama base options. The dates for that one got confusing due to the different order combinations lol. Hopefully not the case here.

I do not preorder in general because of the long wait... but I pretty much only collect what I really love, so there's no mind-changing a couple years later. If I love it now, I will love it tomorrow. I never order something trendy... and I pretty much know where my collection is going at all times (mine doesn't have a mind of its own). If your vision keeps changing, perhaps it will revert back to when you thought this was cool? I have seen many people jump on things -- particularly Iron Man -- just to sell it quickly for the next shiny new one, and then a couple years later pay double-dollar to reacquire what they once had because they decided they really did like it.

100% agree with you. I only collect what I love. Although collections evolve and focuses shift.

Question for Joost: do you think it will be safe to hang this figure from the ceiling using fishing string? Will the wing joints support its weight from hanging rather than from post support?

Question for Joost: do you think it will be safe to hang this figure from the ceiling using fishing string? Will the wing joints support its weight from hanging rather than from post support?

Lol better use 20lb test to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think if the exoskeleton holds the body securely then you'd be OK. Maybe add a zip tie in a strategic location if necessary. The wings will definitely weigh the most. The other question I would have is how well the wings will hold their positions once they're folded at their joints. You may end up supporting this at 4-5 points using lines of varied length in order to maintain the look you want.

High tense string for sure.

Yes, probably three minimum. Been watching modelers videos on how they hang models. Looks like I would need three to hold a pose, and perhaps a 4th as an emergency line. If I could put a pillow under it, I would.

I just can't see using those black poseable posts. If Joost would include the clear acrylic ones as well I might use those instead as they will disappear better against a white wall... but then you can't really angle Vulture in an interesting way, just straight up.

Perhaps I could paint the black rods white?

High tense string for sure.

Yes, probably three minimum. Been watching modelers videos on how they hang models. Looks like I would need three to hold a pose, and perhaps a 4th as an emergency line. If I could put a pillow under it, I would.

I just can't see using those black poseable posts. If Joost would include the clear acrylic ones as well I might use those instead as they will disappear better against a white wall... but then you can't really angle Vulture in an interesting way, just straight up.

Perhaps I could paint the black rods white?

Or paint your white walls black. :lol Those posable posts have rubber or vinyl sleeves, don't they? I would think the paint would crack as soon as you start bending them. But I think I will probably need to hang this guy as well - ideally above a few Spideys, Mysterio & his drones, Doc Ock, GG, and the Molten Man and Sandman bases. Damn, now that I've listed all those, I think I'm going to need a bigger boat lol...

Why does the fur around his collar look like long hair and not like shaggy fur? Doesn't seem movie accurate, and doesn't even look right to my eye. Kinda looks like Thor's beard is coming out from under his helmet. ;)

Why does the fur around his collar look like long hair and not like shaggy fur? Doesn't seem movie accurate, and doesn't even look right to my eye. Kinda looks like Thor's beard is coming out from under his helmet. ;)
Well Joost does say it’s the first full sample, so there’s still time for him to adjust the fur. The jacket, etc. Are looking really nice!

Back