1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Black and red suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I love how this release turned out.

151577730_10157841189562344_2872472909709884240_o.jpg

I am not sure, but I'd say there have been improvements, when you compare it to the intial Homecoming red and blue suit:

- better shoulder shape
- better headsculpt
- better masked head

These constant improvements are what you'd expect from a company like Hot Toys.

About the last point: is it a sculpted masked head or a better and more subtle seam?

And about the improvements, anyone agree with me? lol

I also like better the black and red colours.
The red and blue IMO was distracting, with too many 'new' black areas.

Oddly enough, I don't care much about the sculpt and glasses, since I am not very fond of Tom Holland's Spider-Man...
I just like the looks of this suit, and I think it is better done than in previous releases.
It reminds me a lot of the Ditko Spider-Man, and even this Alex Ross suit design...

c5a68740d72aac119b41a91b746f84bd.jpg

And suit material is something you have to take care about... but this material looks much better than the one used in the videogame figures, except for Scarlet Spider.

So I don't know... I am still on the fence though... might wait for a sale, or might wait for the Spider-Man 3 movie, there may be a better suit and figure just waiting around the corner...

Thank you, everyone, for sharing photos!! I feel like I preordered this figure along with the Stealth Suit like literally the same weekend the movie came out a couple of years ago. It’s been a long wait. I’m really happy with the way the head sculpt turned out. I think the best version yet, IMO. I’m looking forward to finally getting both of my preorders. So far, I’ve got all of the MCU versions. They’re going to look so cool all displayed together. I’ve even got some of the One Sixth Outfitters casual clothes from the movies and I’m displaying the head sculpts on those. I’m already looking forward to SM3.

Has there been any comparison shot of this next to the Homecoming Stark suit? I?m trying to see if there is a difference in the masked sculpts. The proto pics seemed to look different as far as face shape. More rounder on the upgraded suit.
e1f0dc835b99c79110b6bdb12f1c11a7.jpg

387d4d9498cf2563c5be88b489719b80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really wish they would have given us an accurate neck for this. I would honestly be willing to just pick this figure up to display with it unmasked on its own because of how good that sculpt and suit looks. That bad looking neck makes me reconsider doing so though.

152336874_5153870031352605_2523812552593520286_o.jpg

Excuse my terrible photoshop skills, but imagine if we got this

oxgo2YG.jpg

Excuse my terrible photoshop skills, but imagine if we got this

oxgo2YG.jpg
Yeah now see this is all I want. Look how good that looks. Makes me sad knowing that's not what we're getting.

Really annoying how they're now stuck on this mindset of doing all of their Spidey sculpts as some floaty sliced off head.

Last edited:
LMAO

it comes with a forced perspective drone, glasses, and a tiny phone, and he thinks that makes this barebones release "deluxe".

To be fair, it also comes with a top-notch unmasked sculpt (not a given these days) as well as those flying effect web attachments. Still a stretch to call it a deluxe, but relatively speaking a fairly extensive (I use the word loosely) set of accessories. Now if the drone was full-size then maybe it would qualify...

LMAO

it comes with a forced perspective drone, glasses, and a tiny phone, and he thinks that makes this barebones release "deluxe".

Justin's production is outstanding. That being said, he's certainly a shill for Hot Toys at this point, so it's no surprise he always sings their high praise. I agree, this does not qualify as a "deluxe," but shillers gon shill.

But to be perfectly objective here the Upgrade Suit Spidey is fantastic. That headsculpt is flawless! HT is 2 for 2 with Tom Holland...wish their batting average was better with RDJ...

Justin's production is outstanding. That being said, he's certainly a shill for Hot Toys at this point, so it's no surprise he always sings their high praise. I agree, this does not qualify as a "deluxe," but shillers gon shill.

But to be perfectly objective here the Upgrade Suit Spidey is fantastic. That headsculpt is flawless! HT is 2 for 2 with Tom Holland...wish their batting average was better with RDJ...
Even though everything is, ”wow, nice. Amazing!” with this guy, his production and lighting is also outstanding and he’s actually willing to push the articulation to show what the figures are actually capable of while Justin is barely willing to break a museum pose.

But Jedha Patrol has quickly become my favorite Hot Toys Youtube reviewer as his production quality is also great, he dedicates time to great poses, and he’s much more off the cuff than some of the very scripted and formulaic fellas. [video]https://youtube.com/c/JedhaPatrol[/video]

Yeah now see this is all I want. Look how good that looks. Makes me sad knowing that's not what we're getting.

Really annoying how they're now stuck on this mindset of doing all of their Spidey sculpts as some floaty sliced off head.

It?s pretty much any figure with a tight suit. Both Black Panther figures have the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though everything is, ”wow, nice. Amazing!” with this guy, his production and lighting is also outstanding and he’s actually willing to push the articulation to show what the figures are actually capable of while Justin is barely willing to break a museum pose.

But Jedha Patrol has quickly become my favorite Hot Toys Youtube reviewer as his production quality is also great, he dedicates time to great poses, and he’s much more off the cuff than some of the very scripted and formulaic fellas. [video]https://youtube.com/c/JedhaPatrol[/video]

Yeah, I'm a fan of MRCcollectionventures and Jedha Patrol as well. I enjoy all the different perspectives, but in the end it's YOUR opinion that matters the most.

I watched Jedha's review for Star-Lord and he was knocking the Pratt headsculpt...what!? Get outta here, it's amazing! But to each his own.

I'd rather have the high collar than an unsightly swappable neck.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Wow, I always thought the HC likeness was impressive, but the new one just takes it to a whole other level and has so much more life and personality to it.

I normally prefer my Spidey's with the masks on, but this sculpt just looks too damn good not to display.

hhhjj.JPG

Wow, I always thought the HC likeness was impressive, but the new one just takes it to a whole other level and has so much more life and personality to it.

I normally prefer my Spidey's with the masks on, but this sculpt just looks too damn good not to display.

View attachment 506916

Yeah, I, too, am surprised by how much better the FFH one is considering that HC was pretty epic for its time as well. I think better paint apps might be helping push the 2.0 into even better territories.

Either way, it's a win for us collectors! :hi5:

Back