1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear! Just came across this earlier this week on the custom site. I guess with the cold weather recently some packages have probably been sitting in freezing temps long enough for these dots to turn up.
I picked mine up locally in Minnesota so that totally makes sense; she likely hit freezing temperatures while on for delivery to their shop.

I didn?t even notice those dots on my figure until you pointed it out! I?m gonna try out this method when I get the chance. Thanks to you and TonTon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I initially thought it was intentional on mine because the pattern seemed so deliberate, until I started looking at other people?s photos and images from the film and realized it wasn?t supposed to be there. Just be sure to remove the vest to do the hair dryer trick because I?d hate for the heat to damage the body.

Are you talking about those dots?

They might be sewing guides. Apparently some tailor's use heat-activated ones, possible HT does too. So if you put a hair dryer on them for a bit they'll maybe disappear. Stick her in the freezer and they'll reappear.

So that was what those dots were so long ago on Hoth Leia too.

Shoot Spanbauer, another great set of pictures again. I am loving how much moving her hair changed the feeling of the shot which you’ve obviously got figured out. Your **** don’t even stink does it?

Seriously, have you thought about maybe helping some of us out who don’t know how to take a great looking pose in person and share it without making it look horrible?

Shoot Spanbauer, another great set of pictures again. I am loving how much moving her hair changed the feeling of the shot which you’ve obviously got figured out. Your **** don’t even stink does it?

Seriously, have you thought about maybe helping some of us out who don’t know how to take a great looking pose in person and share it without making it look horrible?
:rotfl Check the Captain Marvel thread - I left you a reply with some details about my process.

As someone who definitely prefers to display vs hoard (sorry, I mean keep mint) I recently discovered an ?advantage? of keeping some boxed. After receiving my Midas and Mk. LXXXV I was looking to setup a new IM shelf and had narrowed down my 3rd armor for the group to be either Mk. XXX Blue Steel or Mk. XXXIII Silver Centurion. Both being re-boxed, I had to dig them out and open both to decide which I wanted to display being partly like receiving new figures. Aside from the obvious reopening of previously displayed figures feeling somewhat new, instead of the usual but wonderful experience of unpacking a new collectible, this was comparing 2 figures for a different purpose, going into a different display and getting posed all over again. It is fun!

LOL hoarding :lol

Totally agreed, unboxing figures is such a great experience, and even reopening them is still just as so!

Glad to hear! Just came across this earlier this week on the custom site. I guess with the cold weather recently some packages have probably been sitting in freezing temps long enough for these dots to turn up.
Thanks again for the tip on hair-drying the purple dots out of her shirt. Looks much better now!

DSC_0244_2048.jpgDSC_0246_2048.jpg

Thanks again for the tip on hair-drying the purple dots out of her shirt. Looks much better now!

View attachment 508583View attachment 508584

Awesome, looks great. Can't believe this information hasn't been part of the community for longer. As Wor mentioned earlier, Hoth Leia arrived a couple years back and some of them had dots all over the place, probably shipped in winter time as well.

:clap

Looks amazing! Can't wait for mine! I overpaid by over $50 for mine, but I know it'll be worth it!!!

She will totally be worth the price you payed gmoney. Also if you think about that price that the newest releases are going for this Gamora was really only a few bucks more than where the new price point seems to be settling.

She will totally be worth the price you payed gmoney. Also if you think about that price that the newest releases are going for this Gamora was really only a few bucks more than where the new price point seems to be settling.

That's one way of rationalizing it, although to be fair, HT pricing for standard figures are getting a little out of hand. It's not justifiable...BUT I guess if they continue to put out quality figures like this one, I may be a more tad willing to swallow these prices...

That's one way of rationalizing it, although to be fair, HT pricing for standard figures are getting a little out of hand. It's not justifiable...BUT I guess if they continue to put out quality figures like this one, I may be a more tad willing to swallow these prices...

Yeah I am totally guilty of being a rationalizer here :)

But yeah I hear you about pricing. It does seem that very soon the prices for a standard figure will be $300 USD. and unfortunately that may start pricing some folks out of the market. That said if HT continues to make great products people may not be as upset about the rising prices. Also since this a hobby, people will for the most part continue collecting but will just be more selective.

Fresh out the box and all I can say is wow! Figure is great in hand. She still in plastic because all my stuff is in storage for a while. Gonna look nice with IW Thanos and Nebula
20210311_181925.jpg

Attachments

• 20210311_181925.jpg
    20210311_181925.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 115
Back