1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s what I get for not prioritizing this figure ha Snagged Wasp before that hit the waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got around to unboxing her and she's amazing! The sculpt, the outfit, the paint and details are wow, I mean, I keep getting amazed by these figures every time I open one of them up. Agree with the assessment this figure's very well done, it looks just like Gamora, like she jumped out of the screen from Infinity War and onto my desk.

On a related note, in my opinion, I like to spend a fair amount of time with a figure, playing around with it and getting to know it. These (higher-end) figures are special (special in a sense they captivate, and spark joy and imagination) and I like to take my time with them. It's great in this time that we have all these figures to choose from. Of course it can feel overwhelming with the sheer amount of figures, heck I still haven't gotten around to opening others (not to mention the other scales and lines)! After spending a fair amount of time with Gamora I'm probably going to open Nebula next! :)

Also, I'm a fan of Zoey Saldana as an actress, so it's fantastic to have this :dance :dance

Congrats dude, I’m kinda the same way. And since she’s basically a doll, you should spend time with her hair. I’ve rarely done this in the past but I feel like I improved the looks so much by wetting down some of the top of her head, moved a few locks over one shoulder and put her in a “sexy” but deadly stance.

I wanted to pass on a PSA about the arms on this figure. I didn't have any problems with the seamless arms on the first version of Gamora and am disappointed in the look of the bare arms on this one, it limits the posing opportunities. The arms are swappable between the two figures though the color is obviously off. The seamless arms have a real thin coating of something over the rubber in the arms. This coating has some color but also rubs off with a little work. The underlying rubber color is closer to where we want to be to use on this version of the figure but still isn't quite right. I bought some Peacock Green Rit dye for synthetic fabrics and soaked the seamless arms in the bottle for 20 minutes. The results were surprising good. With a little experimentation and some mixing I think a perfect match is possible.

IMG_3329.JPG

I guess it would have been nice if HT included a swappable seamless arm option.

Also, dang...I see this one went to waitlist and decided to jump on it since there's no where else to purchase it without paying for an actual arm and a leg! :horror

Even though I hate Sideshow, I hope my waitlist converts cause I don't wanna Yondu myself! :slap

Also, dang...I see this one went to waitlist and decided to jump on it since there's no where else to purchase it without paying for an actual arm and a leg! :horror

Even though I hate Sideshow, I hope my waitlist converts cause I don't wanna Yondu myself! :slap

Yeah I think one of the reasons this one sold out so fast everywhere is that once people saw how great it came out a whole bunch of people tried to not “Yondu themselves” :) :)

Yeah I think one of the reasons this one sold out so fast everywhere is that once people saw how great it came out a whole bunch of people tried to not “Yondu themselves” :) :)

Well damn it, it appears I'm Youndu'ing myself again! :slap

Hopefully my wait list converts! I can't believe I'm turning to Sideshow in my time of need! :gah:

Well damn it, it appears I'm Youndu'ing myself again! :slap

Hopefully my wait list converts! I can't believe I'm turning to Sideshow in my time of need! :gah:

Yes, the irony in this situation is undeniable. But at least you have an option with the possibility of getting this figure for a reasonable prices. I’m sure as the price for this figure in the secondary market is going to be pretty high. In any event gmoney I really hope your waitlist converts and when your Gamora arrives you like it as much as I like mine.

I wanted to pass on a PSA about the arms on this figure. I didn't have any problems with the seamless arms on the first version of Gamora and am disappointed in the look of the bare arms on this one, it limits the posing opportunities. The arms are swappable between the two figures though the color is obviously off. The seamless arms have a real thin coating of something over the rubber in the arms. This coating has some color but also rubs off with a little work. The underlying rubber color is closer to where we want to be to use on this version of the figure but still isn't quite right. I bought some Peacock Green Rit dye for synthetic fabrics and soaked the seamless arms in the bottle for 20 minutes. The results were surprising good. With a little experimentation and some mixing I think a perfect match is possible.

View attachment 506682

That looks pretty good. I wonder how long those arms will last though. 2-3 years? 10?

Congrats dude, I?m kinda the same way. And since she?s basically a doll, you should spend time with her hair. I?ve rarely done this in the past but I feel like I improved the looks so much by wetting down some of the top of her head, moved a few locks over one shoulder and put her in a ?sexy? but deadly stance.

Thanks! This is my second figure with rooted hair, and I think on Gams it looks pretty good. Though for me it sometimes feels unwieldy. I like the gradient and how the front two hair strands are clumped together.

Yeah I think the correct term is "dollies" based on this forum :lol

View attachment 506682

Excellent work! :clap

I think it would've been cool if they also included a set of seamless arms with her.

Yikes! :horror yeah hopefully everyone can get theirs!

Yes, the irony in this situation is undeniable. But at least you have an option with the possibility of getting this figure for a reasonable prices. I’m sure as the price for this figure in the secondary market is going to be pretty high. In any event gmoney I really hope your waitlist converts and when your Gamora arrives you like it as much as I like mine.

Excellent work! :clap

I think it would've been cool if they also included a set of seamless arms with her.

Yikes! :horror yeah hopefully everyone can get theirs!

Thanks, I hope so too! I've searched every other retailer and SHE'S GONE!!! :panic:

Fingers crossed I make it on the wait list!

Wow, was NOT expecting my day to go this way. I lucked out and managed to grab Gamora at a local comic shop today. Snapped a few photos this afternoon already. Beautiful figure!

01 DSC_0046.jpg02 DSC_0022.jpg03 DSC_0014.jpg04 DSC_0051.jpg05 DSC_0053.jpg06 DSC_0072.jpg07 DSC_0063.jpg08 DSC_0087.jpg09 DSC_0106.jpg

Super congrats! As you are not anywhere new to this collecting hobby, I’d like to just throw something out there for you to ponder on. As you wrote that you just bought and snapped those pictures today, it is totally understandable that you may just not have reached this point, and the point being one that I used to never advocate (nor did I rail against it). Treating this Gamora as a doll does wonders for the posing/looks. Obviously, I am mainly speaking about the hair but the clothes as well. A few days after I had her on display I had a couple friends over and one of them, who just so happens to be female, who is a big fan of my collection asked if she could have a run at messing with Gamora. She said that after years of seeing my collection that she had a good grasp on what I was going to like but that in fact she was going to treat posing her like a Barbie. I was busy doing other things to see exactly what she was getting into but was told that a bit of water and the tiniest smear of beeswax lip balm were involved in the hair. Since then, I’ve asked her to come back to work on 2 WW figures & my AoU NA SW.

Anyways, good luck, great pictures and nice find!

Thanks, blinguskahn! This is actually my first rooted-hair figure so I’m still figuring out the dos and donts. I was going to try watering down the loose strands except the included instructions say to do no such thing or it might wash out the hair color. Lip balm sounds promising; doesn’t make the hair too greasy looking, does it?

Thanks, blinguskahn! This is actually my first rooted-hair figure so I?m still figuring out the dos and donts. I was going to try watering down the loose strands except the included instructions say to do no such thing or it might wash out the hair color. Lip balm sounds promising; doesn?t make the hair too greasy looking, does it?

Again, I was only told what was done but apparently the amount of the beeswax lip balm used wouldn?t even have been enough to moisturize half a lip. She did tell me that it was mainly the top of the head that needed the ?work? and said she was impressed how well done the rest of the hair was out of the box. I do not want to contradict official instructions but sometimes they do say things to cover their asses. I believe the water warning was more in saying not to try to wash, rinse and then dry all the rooted hair at once. I?m sure that a small bit of moisture on the top of the head to help lay the hair flatter will be fine. Mine still looks better than new.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 34A994C4-67FD-4361-A84D-B3CFD26CC854.jpg
    34A994C4-67FD-4361-A84D-B3CFD26CC854.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 88
  • B88D0D39-1403-427F-A00E-185BC5CA8102.jpeg
    B88D0D39-1403-427F-A00E-185BC5CA8102.jpeg
    878.8 KB · Views: 87
Back