1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is QuiGonEvil.

Regarding Gamora Vol. 2 since I finally unboxed mine, the one thing that has carried over from the Vol. 1 version is the importance of properly managing the hair. When I discover the importance of that, I have to remind myself that the term action figure was just a marketing term to sell dolls to boys which worked incredibly well. Also, a female action figure with rooted hair is closer to a doll than basically any other type that we collect in this hobby. Lastly, having someone who is more familiar with styling hair than myself (which is easy because my expertise is limited to shampoo, a barber or a 4F Oster blade) to take a couple minutes ?playing? with the hair can also make a huge difference. Honestly, once I accepted that they were ?dolls? and asked gf/wife/friends to style them, I realized it?s one of the most important things in the pose.

Me likey:

Attachments

• 747C4031-E356-4EB3-8122-2B3AA26314E1.jpg
    747C4031-E356-4EB3-8122-2B3AA26314E1.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 0E272BE0-B2DD-4989-9CFF-E00F539AD5F6.jpg
    0E272BE0-B2DD-4989-9CFF-E00F539AD5F6.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 2934BA2A-666B-41E1-A976-03F35FAE2CE3.jpg
    2934BA2A-666B-41E1-A976-03F35FAE2CE3.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice pose blinguskahn, I really like how you worked with the bottom of the jacket, the movement makes it look more ?alive? despite a somewhat static pose. I know swords are ?Gamora?s thing? she look great holding that gun as you have her! Also your pics highlight how great that headsculpt is.

I agree with what you said about the long rooted hair, before I finally put her in a display some futzing will be required, but a lot of pictures on this forum including yours demonstrate that with some effort her hair will look great!

Please excuse my typos, I?m writing this while doing some light exercise on my elliptical :)

Thanks for sharing your pics!!!

I tweaked a few things on my Gamora to make her stance look a bit more natural. LMK what u think.

Attachments

• 17D7596A-5CB5-4F35-9644-4425C73076B3.jpg
    17D7596A-5CB5-4F35-9644-4425C73076B3.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 187
  • D2ACC483-4EFB-45C2-88D6-AF04F154AF21.jpg
    D2ACC483-4EFB-45C2-88D6-AF04F154AF21.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I know I started this with what I thought was the humorous inclusion of my Ra?s al Ghul custom with Gamora firmly in the background (LOL), but let me suggest that we go back and remove all of the political/social justice commentary and keep the discussion on the collectible dolls, lol.

The Moderators have been very clear on this point, and I?d rather not have Snoopy feel the need to go in and gut this thread for us and lose a lot of good content in terms of dealing with and displaying Gamora.

I appreciate your understanding.

As far as Gamora is concerned I like the adjustment, she does look more “natural”.
It is funny how a little tweaking here and there to arms and legs or raising or lowering the head on these figures can make such a difference in their presentation.

To be clear, I appreciate, respect, and agree with much of what you both have communicated.

But this is a place where many of us come to leave the turmoil of “real life” behind if only for a few precious moments.

So, again, I would urge you to go back and edit out the non-collectible related portions of the discussion.

Cheers!

To be clear, I appreciate, respect, and agree with much of what you both have communicated.

But this is a place where many of us come to leave the turmoil of “real life” behind if only for a few precious moments.

So, again, I would urge you to go back and edit out the non-collectible related portions of the discussion.

Cheers!

Sure no problem, I remember what happened to the Captain Marvel thread.

Hey guys, I know I started this with what I thought was the humorous inclusion of my Ra?s al Ghul custom with Gamora firmly in the background (LOL), but let me suggest that we go back and remove all of the political/social justice commentary and keep the discussion on the collectible dolls, lol.

The Moderators have been very clear on this point, and I?d rather not have Snoopy feel the need to go in and gut this thread for us and lose a lot of good content in terms of dealing with and displaying Gamora.

I was trying to make a funny comment based on the fact it was Ra's, an evil character, played by the same actor who played Qui Gon. It did go somewhere unexpected.

QGF is correct; I don't want to close this thread due to political talk, which (BTW) is against the board's CoC and Community Guidelines. Please keep the discussion on the topic and enjoy the figure pics, which are great IMO! :duff

Thread cleaned. Carry on.

Back