1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Omega! Now comes -the talking myself out of getting Nebula - phase![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don?t get me wrong, I totally love both Nebula and Gamora Vol. 2 figures (Vol. 1 was great too just not as fantabulous as the one we?ve been waiting 3 years to be released). But as you can see from my crappy pictures, the height difference is not only noticeable but terribly annoying. I get that Karen is 5?11? and Zoe is 5?7? and measuring the figures at their converted 1/6 height, surprisingly they are both pretty damn accurate. Unfortunately, on film they don?t come across as 4-5 inches height different.
D75CEBE0-DA87-47DF-8D62-FA5DBE805681.jpg9789A28B-10B5-4CFC-BD66-5BE4E772DEB0.jpg

So accurate, yes! However the look of them next to each other (obviously nothing like BW next to Mk. LXXXV) makes the already strange waist down portion of Nebula?s body even more noticeable.

Don?t get me wrong, I totally love both Nebula and Gamora Vol. 2 figures (Vol. 1 was great too just not as fantabulous as the one we?ve been waiting 3 years to be released). But as you can see from my crappy pictures, the height difference is not only noticeable but terribly annoying. I get that Karen is 5?11? and Zoe is 5?7? and measuring the figures at their converted 1/6 height, surprisingly they are both pretty damn accurate. Unfortunately, on film they don?t come across as 4-5 inches height different.
View attachment 505539View attachment 505540

So accurate, yes! However the look of them next to each other (obviously nothing like BW next to Mk. LXXXV) makes the already strange waist down portion of Nebula?s body even more noticeable.

Yeah I understand what you are saying blingus, but I personally am happy that there is a distinguishable difference in height and body type between the two. Of course I could easily be wrong about this but for quite a while I was annoyed because it seemed to me like Hot Toys did a pretty good job scaling height differences with their male figures, but to me their female figures too often looked like the same bodies just with different clothes and hair. Also overall the females seemed a little too short to me. So I enjoy the variety.

Yeah I understand what you are saying blingus, but I personally am happy that there is a distinguishable difference in height and body type between the two. Of course I could easily be wrong about this but for quite a while I was annoyed because it seemed to me like Hot Toys did a pretty good job scaling height differences with their male figures, but to me their female figures too often looked like the same bodies just with different clothes and hair. Also overall the females seemed a little too short to me. So I enjoy the variety.

Oh you misunderstand me, I agree that the HTs female bodies seem to be largely the same with WW being the newest one they have made in years. My issue with Nebula is that it looks like the standard usual female body with just modified legs which look a bit strange and a bit unnatural (although she is a cyborg so who knows, lol). I was actually just discussing the fact that the MCU, SW & DCEU are all actively involved in casting more diverse actors. If I were HTs (who never seem to be that forward looking unfortunately) I would make sure that R&D time & money were actively being used to create new bodies, modular bodies and skin tones. For example, I firmly believe that the reason a Cara Dune has yet to be announced is because HTs does not have a working female body that comes close to her. How are they going to tackle Kamala Khan’s Ms. Marvel a Middle Eastern descended teenage girl who can alter her body size and shape. Hahahahaha, good luck Hot Toys especially if she is a hit!
:mad::panic::pfft::faq:rotfl:slap

The actors physical heights are rarely relevant to the characters heights, how they are actually filmed establishes that and its whatever the director and art team wants it to be-
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScullyBox

Gamora and Nebula are depicted on screen as either very similar heights or with Nebula an inch or two taller. The fact that they are rarely in a level two-shot does demonstrate that they are avoiding dealing with any height differential in the actors as much as possible, even given how much easier to tweak/cheat in these movies given how much digital compositing is done anyway
PyMQsay.png

OjBqMvJ.png

EbTiBGK.png

hpPOx1e.png

Oh you misunderstand me, I agree that the HTs female bodies seem to be largely the same with WW being the newest one they have made in years. My issue with Nebula is that it looks like the standard usual female body with just modified legs which look a bit strange and a bit unnatural (although she is a cyborg so who knows, lol). I was actually just discussing the fact that the MCU, SW & DCEU are all actively involved in casting more diverse actors. If I were HTs (who never seem to be that forward looking unfortunately) I would make sure that R&D time & money were actively being used to create new bodies, modular bodies and skin tones. For example, I firmly believe that the reason a Cara Dune has yet to be announced is because HTs does not have a working female body that comes close to her. How are they going to tackle Kamala Khan’s Ms. Marvel a Middle Eastern descended teenage girl who can alter her body size and shape. Hahahahaha, good luck Hot Toys especially if she is a hit!
:mad::panic::pfft::faq:rotfl:slap

Ahhh, ok got you.

And yeah I would like for the figures to have builds/body types that are similar to those of the characters on screen. However I do realize that economically it would probably be too expensive for companies to create completely different bodies for each character but it would still be cool for instance to see a basic difference between a character that is petite or really thin versus one that is very athletically built or muscular.

I just got this figure today (finally. From Sideshow) and WOW, the pants are amazing. I'm not used to having female Hot Toys figures where the legs move so easily; I thought she was broken at first :lol

I hope people can pick her up or waitlists convert or another batch is forthcoming because she really is a spectacular figure; I do not use that word lightly. It?s strange after all these years of waiting and speculation about headsculpt approval and other issues, it makes me really wonder if something more basic held her up. Going went back to check the pictures I took at STGCC 17, there are noticeable improvements on the fit of the clothes and the vibrancy of the headsculpt paint. I couldn?t tell if one was more accurate than the other but from what I gleamed and could remember, I?d take the production over the prototype. Perhaps something like part of the actual production of the figure held it up for so long; perhaps sourcing, coloring or even fitting the fabric(s) were issues that simply took time to solve before they could produce on a scale that made sense financially. What if the batch is so small because of those logistics? What if, dare I say, they are actually making less profit per unit, no profit per unit or even losing money per unit? If any of this is true, the chances of more being shipped is slim.

And I really do believe this one is spectacular in every way. When I said that I don?t use spectacular lightly I mean that within my current Guardians: Out of all of the ones I can see right now, Star-Lord (a Vol 2 + IW kitbash) Stan-Lee (Vol 2/spacesuit), Drax (Vol 1/Ravenger pants), EG Rocket (with closed mouth Vol 2 head), EG Nebula, Gamora Vol 2 is vastly superior. Her only real ?competition? in the line is of course Yondu! Yeah Yondu, she?s that good. Judging box vs box (figure and all accessories) I?d give the edge to Yondu not for the wealth of stuff included but the fact that everything included is usable and done well. But going figure vs. figure, it?s too close to call In my opinion.

I?m glad I bought 2 :wink1:

Yeah I agree blingus, this figure is very good and I would say on par with Yondu! I am so happy that I preordered and got both of them.
I am not surprised at all that this is on waitlist, I expected that to happen albeit not so soon.

Congrats to everyone that has or manages to get this figure before it leaves the retail market. Looks like she will probably command a pretty high price on eBay etc.

I hope people can pick her up or waitlists convert or another batch is forthcoming because she really is a spectacular figure; I do not use that word lightly. It?s strange after all these years of waiting and speculation about headsculpt approval and other issues, it makes me really wonder if something more basic held her up. Going went back to check the pictures I took at STGCC 17, there are noticeable improvements on the fit of the clothes and the vibrancy of the headsculpt paint. I couldn?t tell if one was more accurate than the other but from what I gleamed and could remember, I?d take the production over the prototype. Perhaps something like part of the actual production of the figure held it up for so long; perhaps sourcing, coloring or even fitting the fabric(s) were issues that simply took time to solve before they could produce on a scale that made sense financially. What if the batch is so small because of those logistics? What if, dare I say, they are actually making less profit per unit, no profit per unit or even losing money per unit? If any of this is true, the chances of more being shipped is slim.

And I really do believe this one is spectacular in every way. When I said that I don?t use spectacular lightly I mean that within my current Guardians: Out of all of the ones I can see right now, Star-Lord (a Vol 2 + IW kitbash) Stan-Lee (Vol 2/spacesuit), Drax (Vol 1/Ravenger pants), EG Rocket (with closed mouth Vol 2 head), EG Nebula, Gamora Vol 2 is vastly superior. Her only real ?competition? in the line is of course Yondu! Yeah Yondu, she?s that good. Judging box vs box (figure and all accessories) I?d give the edge to Yondu not for the wealth of stuff included but the fact that everything included is usable and done well. But going figure vs. figure, it?s too close to call In my opinion.

I?m glad I bought 2 :wink1:

Yeah I agree blingus, this figure is very good and I would say on par with Yondu! I am so happy that I preordered and got both of them.
I am not surprised at all that this is on waitlist, I expected that to happen albeit not so soon.

Congrats to everyone that has or manages to get this figure before it leaves the retail market. Looks like she will probably command a pretty high price on eBay etc.

No question this release seems like a great one. I should be able to have ample time to finally open her up in the next few days! :D

A bit surprising she's going fast, some say it'll be like Yondu again! :horror

Still sitting in my 'pre-order' list on BBTS.

I admittedly found her available at another online comic shop and decided to rescind my order from BBTS, and of course someone else has gotten to take the PO.

Back