1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the wait is worth it if the end result is a sculpted hair Gamora.

As much as I would like that. Not gonna happen. People paid for rooted hair, that is what was shown, that is what we will get. Eventually. 2022! :D.

Hot Toys has been moving away from rooted hair for a while now, and I think it’s probably due to the license holders. They’ll change it if the licensor decides it should be sculpted.

As much as I would like that. Not gonna happen. People paid for rooted hair, that is what was shown, that is what we will get. Eventually. 2022! :D.

It is clearly stated that the figure is a prototype and subject to change. Even if they changed her hair, they have the right to do so.

It is clearly stated that the figure is a prototype and subject to change. Even if they changed her hair, they have the right to do so.

Even when it's listed in the product description?

The figure features a newly developed head sculpt with long curly black and purplish-red real fabric hair

What's in the Box?

The Gamora Sixth Scale Figure specially features:

A newly painted head sculpt with an authentic and detailed likeness of Zoe Saldana as Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Green-colored face with movie-accurate facial expression and make-up
Long curly black and purplish-red real fabric hair implantation
Specialized body with over 28 points of articulation
Approximately 28 cm tall
Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for the sword
- One (1) right hand for holding the sword
- One (1) right hand for holding the gun
Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

I don't think they will change the hair to sculpted hair now tho, they would show the updated prototype with sculpted hair at some recent showcase.

Rooted hairs to sculpted is not exactly a detail ;) But sure, they can make changes, but anyway it is pure fantasy to think about major change like that. It is just wishful thinking why they are delaying it so much.

I would bet my entire collection the delay has nothing to do with hair. I would put money on some kind of license issue

I would bet my entire collection the delay has nothing to do with hair. I would put money on some kind of license issue

When they show prototypes at cons or whatever they sometimes say ?pending licensor approval? and thats why they usually take a while to go up for PO after first being teased, like Jango. I dont think this would have went up for PO without approval first.

Plain and simply this has lower priority possible for HT. Same case as JL Sups.

Yep, for me personally this is the worst preorder I've made to date in terms of wait time and then pretty much being insulted by Hot Toys with everything (literally everything) getting put out before it. I wish the company would commit to finishing what they started before moving on to the next thing rather than this. Though I understand the business logic.

Still annoying the longer it continues though.

Yep, for me personally this is the worst preorder I've made to date in terms of wait time and then pretty much being insulted by Hot Toys with everything (literally everything) getting put out before it. I wish the company would commit to finishing what they started before moving on to the next thing rather than this. Though I understand the business logic.

Still annoying the longer it continues though.

Yep. If you're in this game for long enough it's bound to happen at some point. Hot Toys were actually pretty good up until the last couple of years. I think the Marvel run did them in. Sure Corona didn't help things either, but there was rarely so many figures delayed.

I guess it's a bit of a domino effect. Plus with Star Wars so hot they need to also work on new prototypes etc.

My delay was with Justice League Superman. A very simple figure for them to make as they used the same sculpt and same body, suit etc as BvS. So as Futurion says simply low priority.

Others had Hulkbuster. However that was more a redesign issue.

Unfortunately not much we can do about it as Hot Toys customer service and transparency simply doesn't exist.

The wait for a lot of figs has been extremely long lately. Their Pennywise pre-order was up a year and a half before it?s release, is set to release 2021 but thats only if it isn?t delayed. Venom just launched and is expected mid 2022. These are really long waits for products.

When they show prototypes at cons or whatever they sometimes say ?pending licensor approval? and thats why they usually take a while to go up for PO after first being teased, like Jango. I dont think this would have went up for PO without approval first.

It might have been approved for GotG2 BUT If her contract ended with Endgame they could be renegotiating it right now for GotG3 and other films. So Hot Toys might have to wait until that's done before releasing it.

This is just PURE SPECULATION just because nothing else makes sense. It's basically a rerelease with some extras. I know everyone says it's the low on the priority list but i can't see the Mudtrooper or Whiplash selling more figure than a slightly updated Gamora.

Obviously i don't know just thinking out loud.

The wait for a lot of figs has been extremely long lately. Their Pennywise pre-order was up a year and a half before it?s release, is set to release 2021 but thats only if it isn?t delayed. Venom just launched and is expected mid 2022. These are really long waits for products.

I remember thinking 6 months was a long wait for HT years ago.

I also think Hot Toys have bitten off a bit more than they can chew regarding production capacity vs figures they want to do and offer.

Sure, I get that it's not easy to find workers for this sort of high end painting and quality, but comic book movies and now TV series look like they are here to stay for the long term.

So Hot Toys will have plenty of work going forward. Therefore they should be really training people and expanding their production capacity to reduce lead times and cope with the higher number of figures and franchises.

RF8pFqo.jpg

One day this thread will be bumped for the right reason (I might be dead by then, hell we all might.. but!).

Ironically I just bumped it.

Back