1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - GOTG Vol. 2 - Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another delay email. Pushed to August-October 2020 now.

I normally don't mind delays as long as the final product turns out well, and I completely understand what the coronavirus situation did to their manufacturing process. But man, this is really getting crazy now. This was originally due out in 2Q 2019. If Gamora actually releases in October, it could be close to the end of the year by the time we actually get her from Sideshow. Almost two years late by that point.

Just insane.

Q4 2020 is getting awful crowded with releases... especially Marvel stuff.

Glad I haven't pre-ordered anything past the Spider-Man Far From Home stuff, since
all of that will be next year, lol.

Q4 2020 is getting awful crowded with releases... especially Marvel stuff.

Glad I haven't pre-ordered anything past the Spider-Man Far From Home stuff, since
all of that will be next year, lol.

Yes, I just adjusted my pre-order spreadsheet with the updated dates and Q4 would be very salty if all of the dates held. They most likely won't and I hope that the releases stay somewhat staggered, even if it means things like EG Cap and Nebula are late Q1 2021...

I just have my last payment on Gamora, so I'm ready for her to release. Crazy that my last payment is now scheduled for August, a year to the day that my previous payment was taken out.

I'm fearing the "hit all at once" thing, too. With this, Ronin, Nebula and Cap on order. Nebula and Cap were already scheduled in the same time frame. Now this and Ronin are close together.

I don’t think there would be a hit all at once kind of deal since I think production is halted. I think the delays just push up all the production schedules so the figures should release with relatively the same gap between each as if they were release on their original dates.....of course this is all just speculation on my part. The only way I could see getting hit with an avalanche of releases is if the figures were all done and waiting to ship out :dunno

I don’t think there would be a hit all at once kind of deal since I think production is halted. I think the delays just push up all the production schedules so the figures should release with relatively the same gap between each as if they were release on their original dates.....of course this is all just speculation on my part. The only way I could see getting hit with an avalanche of releases is if the figures were all done and waiting to ship out :dunno

Yeah, I tend to feel that way as well. There might be some bunching of deliveries as there will likely be some clogging of the shipping pipeline once things start to get back to normal...

I think you'd be pretty close to the mark there. HT simply had (like we currently have) a period of time where nothing happened in production. So they continue where they left off. Scheduling would have been easiest to simply push everything back by a similar amount.

Sure they might have used the chance to bring one or two forward, so they match better with potential hype + better sales. I'm thinking Mandalorian figures here. But otherwise I'd say most things are probably simply pushed back.

Hey Hot Toys. Still got a Gamora-sized hole in my collection......
c959d494b42a845943be9ed13982db6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fortunately I have the vol. 1 version but it?s nowhere near as nice as the vol. 2 prototype that I personally saw in 2017. Three years is long enough, k, Thanks, bye.

I'm waiting for a Vol 2 Drax. But I figure we'll get him for GotG 3. Endgame version ??

So longer to wait I'm afraid. But if they use the time to improve the upper body I'm fine with it ! Not holding my breath though.

At this point, I'll be amazed if we see this in 2020 at all. They've pushed it back like it doesn't matter PRE-Pandemic and now the world has gone boobs-up they'll want to focus on immediate money-making releases in the firm belief all pre-orders of this won't be cancelled anyway.

Prove me wrong Hot Toys, because I've had this on order since day-one and I'd really be pleasantly surprised if you released it.

At this point, this kinda shows how unnecessary and what a waste of money "pre-ordering" is...

You are providing this company interest free loans for the past 3 years now! Absurd!

At this point, this kinda shows how unnecessary and what a waste of money "pre-ordering" is...

You are providing this company interest free loans for the past 3 years now! Absurd!

It is why I stopped all my payment plans to a single payment. Why pre-pay most of a figure and wait 3 years to get it nowadays.

And i was naive and dumb enough to pay full price about year and a half ago thinking this will be a quick release.

Wow 47 releases since this went up? Worse than I thought.

I don't obviously know what the hold up is, but in my opinion I just don't think Hot Toys care about this one at all. Despite taking all the money from pre-orders etc. it's just not enough for them to be remotely interested in releasing it and really leaves a bad taste against the company. I KNOW they've done this before (Ripley for instance) but in the years I've been interested in this kind of thing, this is the worst yet.

As I say, IF they release it this year I'll be amazed. But I fully expect another year+ from now before any of us get what we ordered, purely because it's not "instant money" to Hot Toys.

Back