Hot Toys MMS DX TDK Batman suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of rubber suit vs undersuit with plastic plates; the plates would still need to be rubber themselves. The plates on the legs. they make zero sense. The plates are segmented where they shouldn't be and solid where they should be segmented. The insides of the legs where the least protection is needed as it's the least exposed have a big solid plate, the outside which needs to most protection and doesn't change a lot in shape during movement is segmented like crazy and several of the plates (in the hip area and around the knees) are not segmented where the body needs to bend. You can see in the promo shot why the plates needed to be made from rubber to they could bend. The plates around the knees are all bunched up. The plate directly next to the codpiece is solid over the line where the leg bends forward so that one would I'm sure is all bent on the other leg as well.

3232445595_da19073e25_o.jpg

Another quick comparison to show how a chest reduction, (be it body or armour), can improve the look in my eyes. The second one has had the neck and head moved.

Last edited:
I think you are right snake and also the medicoms neck is too long. If you check out pics on google it will show you how close the head actually was to the body. I think it is more so the body is too big. If it were leaner I dont think it would be an issue.

Someone asked me to do this comparison. Not totally perfect as I couldn't find exactly the same poses for all three but it's a pretty good comparison I think.

TDK-Profile.png

I think that belt is fine. If you really want to be picky about something what about the milk mustache the figure is missing?

It's not teh accurate!

no they gotta fix that belt , it just looks so different. The surface should be smooth but Hot Toys give a little angle so it has a corner. ( Its difficult to describe ) Theres no corner on the real one

What about the milk mustache? If they don't include it, I'll be pissed.

pade.jpg

the shoulder pad looks rather odd don't you think?
i don't know how to put it in words, but its...weird (in term of silhouette and shape)

00016147-1.jpg
DX02_TDK_Batman_18-1.jpg

For an early production figure, I think it rocks, and it only needs a few minor tweeks that I'm sure Hot Toys will do

After seeing this image. ... I dunno.. is it just me... or do you guys think that it still looks kinda off? I know the detail is there ... the proportions are better ... but it reminds me that there is a comparison pic between the medi vs. the real batman and somehow that figure looks more like the real batman as a whole.. ?

Of course this figure is still in production and I am ordering it nevertheless.. but just a sudden thought

On the subject of people saying they need to slim the body down more... I really think you're crazy OR you're not being specific enough. The chest and arms could stand to be slimmer but if the legs or torso are any thinner he's going to start looking like a skeleton. It's not by a lot either, we're talking millimeters here.

imo it's like I said in the official thread: until you have a point of reference, you won't be able to tell exactly how big/small the figure is. You can see with the HT Predator 1 how that worked out. You need a point of reference to get a real understanding of scale. I think when you see pics of the new DX Batman next to another figure (preferably the v.1 TDK Batman like how they did when HT fixed that figure) that's when you'll be able to tell what needs fixing. Making suggestions now without that is risky because you could be asking for fixes that aren't needed. And that could actually ruin the figure. :lol

Back