HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

i have a bit of a dilemma, i have opened my final DX12 and have kept one sealed . Problem is that when i opened it to check out the shoulder pads are loose and the elastic round the back is very slack due to the fact it was carelessly packed and the hips and legs were twisted.

I am now worried that the boxed/mint version i have is also the same i just wanted to gauge opinion and wondered if i should open it ??

It depends on why you are keeping a boxed/mint version, doesn't it? If you want to resell it at a later date as "never-opened" mint then it doesn't matter if there is some flaw inside. As far as the buyer is concerned, it's practically irrelevant how the figure inside looks...it's a mint item until the seal is broken.

If there is a flaw in the figure inside a mint sealed box...no one knows so it is a mint item.

If the figure inside is perfect, you can't know that for sure until you "un" mint the box by breaking the seal and opening it. So even if the figure is perfect, for you to be certain of that, you have to make it so the item is not mint.

While the box is sealed, it is mint, and if that is what you value the most, then you are set. If you value knowing the condition of the figure, over having a mint sealed box, then you know what you must do.

As long as it is sealed, it can be both a flawed and unflawed figure. It's only when you open the box that the possibilities collapse into one outcome.

Schrödinger's bat.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You should do the boot widening mod maglor has a tutorial for in the DX12 customisation thread. Really easy and does make a difference in the flesh. so to speak

I've only done (including the boot widening mod) the gloves mod, gauntlet widening mod and hair dryered the shoulder pats to sit more tightly to the shoulders and that's good enough

I wanted to paint the eyelids but wasn't confident in my own skills so i left it

I haven't been bothered by the boots yet, mainly because I tend to have it posed so the cape covers them, have seen it tho and looks simple enough.
What I really want is another so I can take the padding out of the suit. But no way am I cutting up my only one

It depends on why you are keeping a boxed/mint version, doesn't it? If you want to resell it at a later date as "never-opened" mint then it doesn't matter if there is some flaw inside. As far as the buyer is concerned, it's practically irrelevant how the figure inside looks...it's a mint item until the seal is broken.

If there is a flaw in the figure inside a mint sealed box...no one knows so it is a mint item.

If the figure inside is perfect, you can't know that for sure until you "un" mint the box by breaking the seal and opening it. So even if the figure is perfect, for you to be certain of that, you have to make it so the item is not mint.

While the box is sealed, it is mint, and if that is what you value the most, then you are set. If you value knowing the condition of the figure, over having a mint sealed box, then you know what you must do.

As long as it is sealed, it can be both a flawed and unflawed figure. It's only when you open the box that the possibilities collapse into one outcome.

Schrödinger's bat.

I think it's always better to inspect and make sure things are okay before selling. I just note that it's been opened to check. It would suck if there was an issue and the buyer wants something to be done about it and you're SOL because you aren't a reseller that can get replacements.

I think it's always better to inspect and make sure things are okay before selling. I just note that it's been opened to check. It would suck if there was an issue and the buyer wants something to be done about it and you're SOL because you aren't a reseller that can get replacements.

Agreed, but that's assuming the buyer is most interested in how the figure looks, putting more emphasis on that rather than the purely collector emphasis of having a mint-sealed item. If they're concerned about any issue of the figure in the box, that means they were just going to open it anyway, so it makes no sense that they bid on a mint-sealed item instead of an opened and inspected one in the first place. It's almost always going to command a more expensive price.

We're talking about two different types of collectors here. One type is most concerned with the quality condition of the figure. And the other type is most concerned with the sealed "mintiness" and status of having an unopened item.

It's like the collectors who buy CGC graded comic books and figures....they obviously aren't interested in the experience of feeling the pages between their fingers as they read their rated 10.0 condition comic. They probably already have another copy for reading and are never going to break the case to do that. All they care about is that they own a 10.0 graded comic.

Man, this figure is like a dust magnet!

That's why I'm keeping mine in this plastic case until I get a deltof.
AAB8F633-A28E-4D2F-9519-C371B71C14E7-3116-000005E8308340A7_zps3764ba6a.jpg

I haven't been bothered by the boots yet, mainly because I tend to have it posed so the cape covers them, have seen it tho and looks simple enough.
What I really want is another so I can take the padding out of the suit. But no way am I cutting up my only one

Im going to try the boot mod at somepoint but no way will i cut it open besides mine does not look like it has the hips or at least not to me

thebatp.jpg

Mine pre mod

Last edited:
Just got my DX12 today and opened it. Apparently I got the one with QC problem.

There is no sponge on the right ankle and the notch is facing forward instead of the back.

The kevlar connector is very loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just got my DX12 today and opened it. Apparently I got the one with QC problem.

There is no sponge on the right ankle and the notch is facing forward instead of the back.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The sponge thing doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

The ankle connector simply comes out - spin in round -and put it back in.

Really does make a difference. Have you done any more mods on him?

No none,i feel like i don't need to now that i have the Robbie mouth piece.From certain angles like in my pics,this figure looks absolutely fantastic.

Robbie face plate and lforigno cape.....Thanks guys!!!!

Awesome. What sized cape?

Short, but it seems a like it could be the long as it drags considerably on the ground. But as long as you stuff the cape into the shoulders all is good!

Awesome pic bill

I must say I have the DX02 and initially when i took the new one out I didn't automatically like the new one hands down. But once you get te cape and faceplate it's game over...and what's with the new cape on this model, the 02 cape wasn't great, but it was a superior cape to the stock DX12 cape

Epic pic BillPriff :rock

I must say I have the DX02 and initially when i took the new one out I didn't automatically like the new one hands down. But once you get te cape and faceplate it's game over...and what's with the new cape on this model, the 02 cape wasn't great, but it was a superior cape to the stock DX12 cape

do not agree. DX12's cape is much better than the DX02

I guess I just didn't like the material so much.

Back