HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Not finalized because I'm not certain on how I feel about it. Under display lighting it looks great. Not sure if I should tweak it more or just leave it be. Would love some feedback from you guys.

9631888643_a549002172_c.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Not finalized because I'm not certain on how I feel about it. Under display lighting it looks great. Not sure if I should tweak it more or just leave it be. Would love some feedback from you guys.

9631888643_a549002172_c.jpg

I can say this: your sculpting is nice. HOWEVER, the eye shape isn't correct. It's a bit slanted. Not being racist since I'm Chinese, but it looks like a Chinese guy in the cowl.

Try to replicate the eye shape from the BW sculpt. It's what I did.

Not off to a bad start. But can still use some more tweaking.

I can say this: your sculpting is nice. HOWEVER, the eye shape isn't correct. It's a bit slanted. Not being racist since I'm Chinese, but it looks like a Chinese guy in the cowl.

Try to replicate the eye shape from the BW sculpt. It's what I did.

Not off to a bad start. But can still use some more tweaking.
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the same. I sanded it down once, painted it and then took the picture. I could not for the life of me see how it would look without painting it so I did and then took the test shot.

I'll have to tweak it based off a reference shot.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the same. I sanded it down once, painted it and then took the picture. I could not for the life of me see how it would look without painting it so I did and then took the test shot.

I'll have to tweak it based off a reference shot.

The best references I used were hi res shots of the proto BW sculpt along with the actual sculpt itself.

These are old shots. Mouth is carved from a KO BW HS (He currently has Kai's medi mouth). Anyway, this is to illustrate my approach to the eyelids.

I studied and studied the eye shape from the proto shots and final HS and tried to replicate it. I chose to not go full squint...if I did, IMO he'd look constipated.

I did a double take today. I thought sideshow listed the dx12 back up, but it actually was the TF Batman.......which I snagged

Man, what luck!! Thanks again for letting me know about the that gem of a comic shop, my son and I took a field trip to pick up the Hulk and Ms. Kyle there, managed to get $50.00 off my Hulk with the gift cards!!!

I wanna see Chris Tucker as batman lolol

Also heating up the pers plate with hair dryer helps getting it out. In case anyone is still having issues

Man, what luck!! Thanks again for letting me know about the that gem of a comic shop, my son and I took a field trip to pick up the Hulk and Ms. Kyle there, managed to get $50.00 off my Hulk with the gift cards!!!

No prob. I helped several others acquire figures through them. I got my mk vii for $25 off.

I'm debating selling my DX12. Any advice?

Found some small, leaky spots on the bicep pad things on one of my DX 12 Batman figures. Just that normal, sticky residue. I wouldn't even call it oil.

I don't know what it is about that bicep armor. Is it because it's a decal? I know my Lt. Gordon figure is the same way. I haven't touched that sucker since I first got it and the "SWAT" and badge decals are all tacky to the touch. It even looks like they're fading yellow.

Found some small, leaky spots on the bicep pad things on one of my DX 12 Batman figures. Just that normal, sticky residue. I wouldn't even call it oil.

I don't know what it is about that bicep armor. Is it because it's a decal? I know my Lt. Gordon figure is the same way. I haven't touched that sucker since I first got it and the "SWAT" and badge decals are all tacky to the touch. It even looks like they're fading yellow.

Thats stinks, I saw a few DX 12 with shiny crotches too :lol

Its probably the crap adhesive they use.

Looks excellent. I know there has been several different ways to do this mod, how did you do it? I've been thinking about taking a crack at since its sitting useless in my parts box

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

That does look really cool.

Depends on the reasons.

Do you have a number of Batmans? Is there something else you would like more that you need to fund?

Well, to be honest, I'm just not feeling this figure anymore. It's just sitting upon its stand and i haven't touched it or the accessories in months. And with Sideshow's Batman on the horizon, that's less of a reason to keep this figure.

Well, to be honest, I'm just not feeling this figure anymore. It's just sitting upon its stand and i haven't touched it or the accessories in months. And with Sideshow's Batman on the horizon, that's less of a reason to keep this figure.

Well, if that's how you feel then give it a happy home. Despite the whining about this figure a lot of people are looking for one.

Looks excellent. I know there has been several different ways to do this mod, how did you do it? I've been thinking about taking a crack at since its sitting useless in my parts box

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks bud. I took out the pers plate and used tamiya epoxy to resculpt the eyelids. Used hi res photos of the BW sculpt as reference and replicated bales eye shape whilst giving him a slight squint. Ive seen similar mods where the modder only applied epoxy to either the top or bottom eyelids, thus making him look either sleepy or is about to sneeze. IMO, to make it look more convincing, you need to apply epoxy on the top and bottom. more importantly, eye shape is priority.

The mods I've performed on my collection are all very light, nothing major like this. I was surprised that I was able to pull it off. Which means, if I was able to do it, anyone can.

That does look really cool.

Thanks man.

Back