HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I just realized the right PERS eye on my figure is off by quite a bit :[

If I center the eyes it looks fine but do anything else and the right eye moves much further in the direction I put it in then the left eye. So that makes PERS somewhat useless to me.

God damn it.

That sucks, man. :(

Are you going to try to fix it yourself or are you going to try to get a hold of a replacement head?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'd try to get a replacement head, as any responsible manufacturer will have replacement parts for these kinds of warranty issues. PERS is one of the primary features, if not the signature feature, of the deluxe series.

There is a simple and easy fix. the pins holding in the PERS joystick should just slide right out. The figure wont have PERS any more but each eyeball will be moveable on its own so that you can adjust it exactly the way you want it. It should only take like 2 minutes to do and you can put it back when ever you want

PERS is one of the primary features, if not the signature feature, of the deluxe series.

This figure and DX11 are the only figures I own with PERS so far.

I often worry that they'll break if I mess with them too much, but the Joker 2.0 is especially hard for me to leave alone with the expressive options the PERS offer.

That said, cross-eyed is never a good look for a $250-$300 figure, is it? :lol

Depending on where it was purchased from, replacement heads might be hard to come by this late in the game.

It's really up to the manufacturer to replace the head at the end of the day. The retailer may have some extras, but even if they don't, Hot Toys should take care of the problem - either directly to the consumer or via the original retailer. While I'm sure things are different with collectible manufacturing compared to electronics (where you absolutely must keep extra parts stocked), I wouldn't get too worried about it yet. There have been a number of very positive warranty support stories in the forum with regards to Hot Toys.

just do what I said. It works every time and its easy

This is definitely a workable fix, but if this thing is brand new, and if there's even the slightest possibility it may be resold in the future, a few emails to the retailer and Hot Toys should net a replacement stock head or at the very least replacement PERS parts with very little to no hassle. Why not right?

It should be that simple. But, as late as it is with this figure, its highly unlikely. Hell even SSC doesnt always send replacement parts right when the figure is first released. They would rather sell those parts as a whole figure to make more money. It happened with me with Avengers Cap. They waited and wait to reply to me until they sold out of figures. Then they said they had no stock left and issued me a credit on a future purchase.

Honestly, the only real chance of getting another head at this point is ebay. Buy one there and sell yours to recoup the funds...

Oh, and no chance in hell that Hot Toys does anything about it. They suck as far as issues like these go.

I can totally understand a retailer not having Hot Toys spares, but I'd be very surprised that Hot Toys themselves don't have spares. That's just bad business, both from a consumer relations as well as operations perspectives. The last thing any company needs is a rash of returns that can't be repaired. That said, knock on some serious wood that I haven't had any issues with the few figures I won so far. ;) Which reminds me, I have to unbox and inspect the SSC Tusken Raider...

Dude, it's been YEARS since Hot Toys actually did any direct replacements to customers...where ya been? :peace

Actually, their stated policy is that you contact your seller/dealer direct. No more replacements being had from HTs directly and the retailers give replacements from on hand stock. Once it's gone, your SOL.

Sounds like a pretty low-rent way of doing business. Shady.

I need to redefine my expectations of the word "cheap." :)

I think he's referring to how much the HT versions go for which are around $100 or more. But even $32 isn't bad imo.

:lol Thanks. I've learned with the DX02 plates you have to sand it just right to get it to look good. But yeah, I dig this one. I had the open mouth plate too but I ruined it.

Back