HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yes exaclty! :D Posing your figures accurately makes the figure look good.. Actually i didn't painted the eyelids though..

Well I only assumed you did because you said u did mods but after having another look at it I can see you didn't. Nevertheless, great job it looks great here. :clap

So what mods did u do?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yeah I have the eyes up on mine. Makes a BIG difference. Pushing in the cape too.

It does look a lot better but it isn't a direct comparison as you changed face plates. I am guessing your minor Mods were that you painted the eyelids to make the eyes look smaller?

When the head is tilted down the eyes are harder to see, so that is another reason yours looks better than the before picture.

As much as i agree with what your saying, you can't really compare the 2 pictures you've used as it's unfair

The one on the left has obviously been chose because of how terrible it looks, the flash is derping him out, the capes obviously not pushed down at all the colours aren't remotely comparable

No matter how life like the figure is, get it under bad lighting with a flash and poorly applied accessories and any figure would look bad!

As much as i agree with what your saying, you can't really compare the 2 pictures you've used as it's unfair

The one on the left has obviously been chose because of how terrible it looks, the flash is derping him out, the capes obviously not pushed down at all the colours aren't remotely comparable

No matter how life like the figure is, get it under bad lighting with a flash and poorly applied accessories and any figure would look bad!

Well I was just another giving one explanation why it looks better in the second picture just like you did by saying how the flash makes a big difference also. Hasn't The Side of the Show already mentioned the cape being mess and when the figure is positioned the right way it looks better. Like wasn't that the point of his post? Obviously you are right though, no matter how you position the figure head tilted down or not, it will always look worse with the flash. However, why are you telling me that? Since I am not the one who chose the pictures to prove their point? :huh

Last edited:
Sorry Fiend, I would have to disagree, the face is too skinny on this one IMO. I can not see anything wrong with iminime's, what don't you like about iminime's one?

Better a skinnier face than that wide forehead the imimininmininm has. I really dislike that sculpt. The shape of the head is weird to me. And it doesn't look like Neeson. It looks like a guy dressed up as Neeson.

I gaurantee you if someone repainted that head it would look ace.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Better a skinnier face than that wide forehead the imimininmininm has. I really dislike that sculpt. The shape of the head is weird to me. And it doesn't look like Neeson. It looks like a guy dressed up as Neeson.

I gaurantee you if someone repainted that head it would look ace.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

TBH Fiend, I am not the biggest fan of Nesson, so I guess I do not pay much attention to the face as you do because inimines one looks fine to me and I tell straight away that it is him. Maybe it is not perfect but it looks pretty good to me but you probably see things I don't, which is why you do not like it.

Anyway the sculpt of this figure in the pic below here looks skinny and long IMO. Maybe that is len's distortion.:dunno

Sorry Fiend I think I prefer the wider forehead to this.

Well I was just another giving one explanation why it looks better in the second picture just like you did by saying how the flash makes a big difference also. Hasn't The Side of the Show already mentioned the cape being mess and when the figure is positioned the right way it looks better. Like wasn't that the point of his post? Obviously you are right though, no matter how you position the figure head tilted down or not, it will always look worse with the flash. However, why are you telling me that? Since I am not the one who chose the pictures to prove their point? :huh

sorry man i quoted the wrong reply :slap

It was meant for the side of the show

And that picture you posted of nees looks terrible. I haven't seen a good Neeson hs yet

It is ok no harm done, I was just confused was all. :1-1:

And that picture you posted of nees looks terrible. I haven't seen a good Neeson hs yet

Yeah it looks terrible to me as well, I don't get what people see in it. :confused:

However, each to their own.

Yeah it looks terrible to me as well, I don't get what people see in it. :confused:

However, each to their own.

The inanime or whatever isn't really any better either, just as bad but in different ways.

I'd love a ra's but until somebody does a good one i can do without. I'd rather not have a representation of a figure if it isn't done well enough. Even if it is cheap!

Alright mate, I just compared two figures that no matter how bad they look , we can work it out to look good :D That's the point of my post :D

The inanime or whatever isn't really any better either, just as bad but in different ways.

Like I said before I am not much of a fan of Neeson so I probably can't see how off that head sculpt is either. :dunno

You say it is bad in different ways. So Fiend has already said the forehead is too wide or something. What are your problems with it specifically? Or is there something about it that just looks off to you that you can not explain?

942999_10151400400986517_929607652_n.jpg

62655_10151400400901517_833681394_n.jpg

Alright mate, I just compared two figures that no matter how bad they look , we can work it out to look good :D That's the point of my post :D

Sorry man i wasn't trying to sound undermining i just meant that it would have worked better had you used 2 pictures of the same quality!

I'm using all stock that comes in my DX12. This is how you're DX12 will look like if you posed it accurately "Right Pic" looks fine and good to me. I'm happy with it :D

Before and After

I haven't done any mods to my DX12 either and I'm quite happy with him.
Having the eyes positioned upwards-like, cape futzed properly and using the frowny face looks just fine to me.

That said, some of the mods done on here take an already awesome figure to new found heights of awesome. I'm just far too chicken/inexperienced to try any mods with mine outside of looking into a shorter custom cape.

I haven't done any mods to my DX12 either and I'm quite happy with him.
Having the eyes positioned upwards-like, cape futzed properly and using the frowny face looks just fine to me.

That said, some of the mods done on here take an already awesome figure to new found heights of awesome. I'm just far too chicken/inexperienced to try any mods with mine outside of looking into a shorter custom cape.

You should heat the shoulder pads up with a hair dryer and push them closer to his shoulders, it's really easy and you cant really mess it up

I have never had any experience with modding but i've painted the eyelids and done the glove mod without problem or difficultly. You should give it a go!

Sorry man i wasn't trying to sound undermining i just meant that it would have worked better had you used 2 pictures of the same quality!

No problem bro :D I just got to excited to see the results of the minor mods, didn't have the time to take a pic with the same quality :D

1d694b1cb3e811e2bacd22000a9e08df_7.jpg

additional picture of brooding bats.

waiting for his joker to arrives by sea.

Sure this is not the prefect Ra's representation....but I have seen far worst headsculpt and outfits in this forum. In my opinion the armor is accurate enough and well done and the headsculpts is not so good as the iminime one, but for its price is the second best I have seen.

DSC_0174_zps6f8924c3.jpg

Like I said before I am not much of a fan of Neeson so I probably can't see how off that head sculpt is either. :dunno

You say it is bad in different ways. So Fiend has already said the forehead is too wide or something. What are your problems with it specifically? Or is there something about it that just looks off to you that you can not explain?

I bought a DX12 Batman Rises cape to put on my DX2 Batman The Dark Knight figure, it's not as big or as heavy, but I'm having trouble getting it on. It doesn't look like it hooks the same. Does anyone know if there is a difference or if I'm just doing it wrong. A scan or a link to a picture of the instructions would be great, thanks.

Back