HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Thank you so much. Now I can't unsee those fat thighs... :gah:

sorry ~ it was the only thing that bothered me about the dx12 (and still does apparently). he looks so much better slimmed down.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

sorry ~ it was the only thing that bothered me about the dx12 (and still does apparently). he looks so much better slimmed down.

Haha. No prob man. How do you suggest to slim it down?

What mouth piece is that?

It's from the BW head sculpt. Same with the eyes. Exactly like the one Robbie the painter cast it from. It just I perfect the paint job from hot toys head sculpt. To me it just look more realistic compare to Robbie. Even tho Robbie did a great job.

Haha. No prob man. How do you suggest to slim it down?

strip out his fat suit. some people leave the top part in to fill out the chest/stomach, but i just removed the whole thing ~ he's got 10x better articulation and no luscious thighs.

it's a great pic! ~ although, now every time i see those fat thighs, i'm so glad i put my bats on a diet.

I'm my opinion it goes look bigger, I'm not saying it fat. I could go the route where I take off the fat suit like some other calls it. But I want a fited suit then a loose one. I don't want my batman to look too slim like a stick. Lol but it all comes down to personal preference. For me I can live with it. :)

strip out his fat suit. some people leave the top part in to fill out the chest/stomach, but i just removed the whole thing ~ he's got 10x better articulation and no luscious thighs.

That might be true for articulation, but it's not like I play with my figure. Or do some crazy poses, I usually pose my figure straight without any craziness.

I'm my opinion it goes look bigger, I'm not saying it fat. I could go the route where I take off the fat suit like some other calls it. But I want a fited suit then a loose one. I don't want my batman to look too slim like a stick. Lol but it all comes down to personal preference. For me I can live with it. :)

yeah, most people seem okay with it. that's cool. i'm not a fan of hulky-looking batman. if he's too bog, it's harder to imagine him moving with any kind of stealth.

also, i just like playing with him, which is harder to do with that padding underneath.

: D

Seriously for a $250 figure? There should never be any modification. HT just doesn't seem to get it right. We collectors looks for perfection, notting is perfect in reality, but for the price? We derseve better.

Seriously for a $250 figure? There should never be any modification. HT just doesn't seem to get it right. We collectors looks for perfection, notting is perfect in reality, but for the price? We derseve better.

i have no real serious complaints about the figure. i love it.

taking out the padding resolved the fat thighs and articulation issues i had initially. and i did buy a second long velvet cape just for the dramatic effect. none of these things were necessary for just a straight display ~ just whimsy on my part.

i have enjoyed the heck out my batman ~ and it's my only one, so worth every penny.

others' mileage has obviously varied.

: D

I see other's and I see that they are better than my stock version, but he looks pretty damn good standing next to bane right now

my dx12 :)
IMG_0272_zps57a61642.jpg

Wow!!! the complete pack. Very nice.

Looks awesome r5150. Could you take some more pics?

Oh, and did you mod it in any way?

So this isnt on sideshow anymore. Does that mean they are done with this figure?

So this isnt on sideshow anymore. Does that mean they are done with this figure?

Probably. That seems to be the sign that they do not offer it anymore. :(

It's been sold out for at least 1.5 weeks and had a waiting list for a little while. Since they're likely caught up with shipping, the wait list is over and the product de-listed and moved to their archive.

I think it's still available at BBTS. But it's $340.

I've done nothing but put mine on the shelf.

Those spending $100 for a new head and 30 for capes and such on top of the $250 are fewls. :lol

I've done nothing but put mine on the shelf.

Those spending $100 for a new head and 30 for capes and such on top of the $250 are fewls. :lol

$260 MSRP

+

$30 cape,

$290

+

$30 faceplate,

$320

+

$100 headsculpt,

$420

+

$105 knock off Sonar headsculpt

$525

+

$95 cheap, knock off, recast cape pack

$620

Gutting (undersuit), breaking (PERS, armor plating), cutting (hands), and cracking your $620 figure apart like fresh, steamed crab so it looks *a little* different from before afterafter all the jerry rigging?

Priceless.

Well, maybe not as priceless as a year or two from now when Hot Toys releases another TDK suited Batman figure which makes everyone's $300 - $600 1/6 figure obsolete.

Last edited:

Yea I think I am good with only the glove mod and will get a new cape.

Back