HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I emailed them 2 days ago and have no response... I'm thinking seriously about cancell with them, no for the delays, but the lies and ignore customers.

Sorry yo hear that Lucyfer, maybe you can get it somewhere else.

If this is what is going on with the DX12 what will they do when Joker 2.0 gets released? :huh

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Alot of ppl thought it was instock too, only to find out later that SS was "expecting" them to be instock. But yet somehow some members who placed orders after others are getting their figures but not the ones who ordered earlier (like Fiend). The crazy thing is (from what we've heard here) that SS customer service has been uncooperative it seems and pretty much lying to some of our fellow boardies when questioned about the validity of their "in stock" statement on the we page

It's bizarre. They have even bordered on being rude to me. That really shocked me.

2lmrihk.jpg

Gotta say, with the paint, it looks pretty good. Can we get a pic of the full face?

It's bizarre. They have even bordered on being rude to me. That really shocked me.

:horror

That is insane, when did you order yours Fiend?

Gotta say, with the paint, it looks pretty good. Can we get a pic of the full face?

I think it is more than paint, the eye lids look sculpted and yes can we see a pic of the full face please. :pray:

@Darkavatar, dont know what they are doing with joker 2.0, but I will know, because I have it preorder too... I'm begin to regret..

@Darkavatar, dont know what they are doing with joker 2.0, but I will know, because I have it preorder too... I'm begin to regret..

Yeah I can see why, the trouble is though, ordering from sideshow is the only way to get the EX one for retail price. :(

:horror

That is insane, when did you order yours Fiend?

I think it is more than paint, the eye lids look sculpted and yes can we see a pic of the full face please. :pray:

We already know they're sculpted. He posted a pic earlier after the sculpt but before the paint. That's what I was referring to. And I ordered mine on the 4th.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

We already know they're sculpted. He posted a pic earlier after the sculpt but before the paint. That's what I was referring to. And I ordered mine on the 4th.

Oh sorry Fiend have not read this thread I didn't know. :slap

It's a shame you guys are having such a bad experience with Sideshow. The DX12 was my first Hot Toys figure and I ordered it through them and found the customer service to be excellent.

My DX12 came with QC issues, so I contacted them for a replacement. They had no replacements available, so they organized a full refund for me. They organized the pick-up of my figure through an authorized retailer here in Australia, who then contacted me with a prepaid shipping label and I simply mailed the figure to them. Once this was done Sideshow gave me a full refund including postage cost, and then I placed another order for another DX12 from this next batch (but my card was not charged and I knew there would be a wait).

My only complaint with Sideshow is that they are pretty slow in responding to emails. The initial request for a replacement took around 10 days or so to get a response from them. From then on, they kept in contact with me daily and answered all my questions, but usually would only respond once a day, so this made it take some time to actually get the issue resolved in the end.

My DX12 came with QC issues, so I contacted them for a replacement.

What QC issues did you have?

My only complaint with Sideshow is that they are pretty slow in responding to emails. The initial request for a replacement took around 10 days or so to get a response from them. From then on, they kept in contact with me daily and answered all my questions, but usually would only respond once a day, so this made it take some time to actually get the issue resolved in the end.

How come you didn't use live chat or call them up in the morning to speak to someone directly about this issue?

Last edited:

Jesse, I can't believe you guys haven't gotten these yet. I jumped on the wait list on a whim when it was listed as sold out and was converted the next day and shipped a day later. It's still sitting in the box on the floor as I realizes I never really wanted it, which is why I never preordered it :slap

What QC issues did you have?

How come you didn't use live chat or call them up in the morning to speak to someone directly about this issue?
Hey man,

I posted them a few times in this thread a while back, but I'll list them anyway:

Cowl head had a lot of flesh colour showing under the eye (was later told this was normal and supposed to be like this...not too sure though, I think mine may have been a bit more than normal)

Angry face plate (not the one with the teeth showing) had a small white dot and small black dot on it

Utility belt had a small paint scratch on the back

Bruce head had 2 tiny paint chips on the hair, looked like specs of dirt at first but upon closer inspection I realized they didn't rub off when I tried to rub them off lol

groin armor and back armor was slightly misaligned

Can't remember if there was anything else. I think that's it. Maybe I'm just picky, I dunno, but paying that much for a figure, I expected it to be pretty much perfect.

Live chat wasn't working when I was trying it. Dunno why. I got frustrated and gave up. Living in a different Timezone also made it hard to call, not to mention expensive. I really want to get the live chat happening though, in case I need to contact them in future, it's so much easier.

15wcwhh.jpg

One bottom eye lid looks a bit funky because the paint wasnt fully dried yet, shimmers a bit. :lol

batman's gotta get off that venom.....

Hey man,

I posted them a few times in this thread a while back, but I'll list them anyway:

Hey man,

Thanks for doing that, this is the first time I have read this thread since the figure was released so I have no idea of the QC issues. :1-1:

Cowl head had a lot of flesh colour showing under the eye (was later told this was normal and supposed to be like this...not too sure though, I think mine may have been a bit more than normal)

Ahh that would make the eyes look even bigger! :horror

Angry face plate (not the one with the teeth showing) had a small white dot and small black dot on it

Utility belt had a small paint scratch on the back

Bruce head had 2 tiny paint chips on the hair, looked like specs of dirt at first but upon closer inspection I realized they didn't rub off when I tried to rub them off lol

groin armor and back armor was slightly misaligned

Can't remember if there was anything else. I think that's it. Maybe I'm just picky, I dunno, but paying that much for a figure, I expected it to be pretty much perfect.

No I actually think the chips on Bruce Wayne's head and spots on the angry face plate is not being picky and even the rest of the stuff you mentioned is not good either.

Live chat wasn't working when I was trying it. Dunno why. I got frustrated and gave up. Living in a different Timezone also made it hard to call, not to mention expensive. I really want to get the live chat happening though, in case I need to contact them in future, it's so much easier.

Yeah I understand, but for something major like this I would want to speak to them direct to get it sorted out as soon as possible. Maybe on the weekend AEST like Saturday morning would be an idea if something like this happens again next time. :)

Nevertheless, it all worked out for the best in the end, which is the main thing. :yess:

@ darkavatar. Dont you have this or are getting it?

Yep sure do, I ordered mine last year and got it in January, I think it took 3 months? As far as I can tell mine is QC free as far the armor goes and also because I refuse to use TDK Batman PERS heads and thus, have not even looked at that head or the face plates, I should though! I got the Medix head on mine. :wink1:

However, the reason I was panicking and thought there were some major QC issues was because I am getting another one so I can display him with the back pack. So I was worried that there might be some really bad things that I had to look out for.

Last edited:
Back