HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Great picture, crow!:clap

Man, I'm so in love with this figure right now.:drool

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'm leaving overseas for a week, tonight, saying goodbye to Bats for a while. Let me leave you chumps with some pictures. Love shooting my DX12.

WIP medi mouth piece. Need to make it sit deeper. I don't think I did a clean enough job cutting the mouth piece, it's not symmetrical.

medm4_zpse65f478d.jpg

Medm1_zpscce59926.jpg

Medm2_zpsa9a1e241.jpg

medm3_zpsdf35bb60.jpg

Some angry mouth action...
Mod1_zps94edb32d.jpg

mod2_zps4cfaa234.jpg

mod3_zpsd59f061a.jpg

mod4_zps30d876f1.jpg

Yeah, me too. I keep fiddling with little things and adjusting crap here and there, it drives my wife nuts. Here are a couple hopefully better ones. Robbie's mouthpiece really brings a lot out of it.

DSCN0546_zpsfbda964a.jpg

DSCN0553_zps23617813.jpg

I laud the efforts of those who've tried, but I've yet to see examples of the Medicom mouth looking good on the DX12 cowl. I don't know what it is about it. Technically, it should look better than any of the other offerings. Well, maybe tied with the Bruce Wayne mouth sculpt from the DX12 set.

Nice pictures, EKT and Crow.

I laud the efforts of those who've tried, but I've yet to see examples of the Medicom mouth looking good on the DX12 cowl. I don't know what it is about it. Technically, it should look better than any of the other offerings. Well, maybe tied with the Bruce Wayne mouth sculpt from the DX12 set.

Nice pictures, EKT and Crow.
Yea I'm not too happy with how it looks in the cowl. Idk if it's b/c it just doesn't have that HT feel to it or what but no matter what I've done, it doesn't look quite right. I've modded it twice already and I'm still just not happy with it. I am happy with the paint though so I guess that's a something :lol

Thanks for the help in getting Lance's cape attached. Sometimes the obvious solutions ARE the solutions, heh.
Anyway, here's a few quick photos for the sake of comparison. I haven't done any futzing, really.
REALLY diggin' the new cape!
but FIRST, the STOCK CAPE:
8359240843_1be1886be4_b.jpg
[/url] TDKR regular cape02 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

NOW, lforigno's custom cape!
8359240935_852f3d017c_b.jpg
[/url] TDKR custom cape02 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]
8359241031_aff4390312_b.jpg
[/url] TDKR custom cape01 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

Yea I'm not too happy with how it looks in the cowl. Idk if it's b/c it just doesn't have that HT feel to it or what but no matter what I've done, it doesn't look quite right. I've modded it twice already and I'm still just not happy with it. I am happy with the paint though so I guess that's a something :lol

I've thought that maybe it's just the inaccuracy of the DX cowl that affects the look of the Medi mouth. :lol

You may have something there. Aside from it being slightly oversized for the DX12 head, the mouth sculpt does not have the same polish as the HT ones. It looks even more odd in person, too smooth, no skin texture. I carved mine up, hoping to put it on MRM's head, when it comes.

You may have something there. Aside from it being slightly oversized for the DX12 head, the mouth sculpt does not have the same polish as the HT ones. It looks even more odd in person, too smooth, no skin texture. I carved mine up, hoping to put it on MRM's head, when it comes.

Yea custom head with custom mouthpiece will probably be a better combo. Will be interested to see how yours looks whenever MRM is done

Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Batman-768x1366.jpg

I want to use this as a backdrop for my figures but no printing company will touch it. Damn them!

Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Batman-768x1366.jpg

I want to use this as a backdrop for my figures but no printing company will touch it. Damn them!

Those are all over ebay, good quality ones too.:dunno

Copyright laws... tried they said "not for $200"

Contact corrose. He has a thread advertising printing backdrops.

$50 seems a bit more than I should spend on a simple print, but I'll chat with him. Thanks fellas.

Wait that's the DX12 HS with no mods? Looks really really good :clap

Well it's a custom faceplate, but that's the only 'mod.' Thanks! :)

That looks really, really good, Dane! Robbie's faceplate looks so much like Bale! And it makes the head look bigger and to scale! :clap

Cheers Ed, can't give enough props to Robbie and his excellent work on that faceplate. Makes such a huge difference! :exactly:

Back