HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

DSCN7749.jpg

DSCN7870.jpg

DSCN7816.jpg

DSCN7856.jpg

DSCN7796.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That first photo looks awesome EKT.

Lol at the last one with the V1 head. Looks like a cosplay.

Did you do the chest mod to fix the crooked line on the left pec? Or has HT fixed that issue with later releases?

Nope, Chest armor was not modded at all.

Did the neck mod and fiddled with the cape some more. Also hollowed out a DX02 Sonar head to use with the Bruce fig.

DSCN0518.jpg

Nice work, looks great!

I still am not sure if I should do the neck mod. I dont see a huge change with this version. With the dx02, the neck mod was a must.

It's pretty subtle. Even if it's accurate, a long neck on a figure bothers the hell out of me, so any shortening I can do helps.

I really need to post my alternate neck mod. I think some might really prefer it...

That first photo looks awesome EKT.

Lol at the last one with the V1 head. Looks like a cosplay.

Did you do the chest mod to fix the crooked line on the left pec? Or has HT fixed that issue with later releases?

Nope, Chest armor was not modded at all.

Great news. I hope they corrected it in later batches. That's one mod I would not think of doing myself.

It's still crooked.

Your pics came out nice. But this...this right here. That's sick.

Thanks. One of the few angles that don't make the PERS look googly eyed.

@ EKT: You are the only one I've seen do that eyelid paint mod, and leave just a tiny bit of pink around the eye. Personally, I like having it black right to the edge, but for others who prefer a little bit more realism, they should take note, as it's very well executed.

@Maglor. Now that you've mentioned it, my chest piece does look a tiny bit crooked. I don't mind it, hardly noticeable, also, the chest mod is just too extreme for me.
As for the eyelid paint, the reason there's some pink around the eyes, is because the paint that I used, have problem sticking to the rim of the eye sockets (if that makes sense). I may have watered down the paint too much, lol, never did any toys painting before. Good that you think it makes it look more realistic.
Also, I'd like to mention that I wouldn't have done any of these mod, without your helpful modding thread, and tutorials, so, thank you Magz.

I'm finally getting this next week. Not sure if I'll have the courage to modify the cowl, but I'll definitely try the other mods.

Nice pictures, ekt.

I still hold that the DX12 cowl looks like Batman if his forehead was smashed by a frying pan or something, but with adequate modding of features around the cowl itself (mouth, eyes), I suppose one can be led to think that it's the....(sigh)...best HT Nolan Batman cowl yet.

I also get mine early next week. I have a few ideas for mods, but I'm more than a bit anxious mostly about getting the pers eyes out of the cowl.

Nice pictures, ekt.

I still hold that the DX12 cowl looks like Batman if his forehead was smashed by a frying pan or something, but with adequate modding of features around the cowl itself (mouth, eyes), I suppose one can be led to think that it's the....(sigh)...best HT Nolan Batman cowl yet.

I also get mine early next week. I have a few ideas for mods, but I'm more than a bit anxious mostly about getting the pers eyes out of the cowl.

Getting the PERS out.... one of the most gut wrenching thing I've ever done in my life.

I think Maglor mentioned a while back that it might be possible to remove it by pushing in from the cowl's eye sockets?

Is there no easy way to do this?

I think Maglor mentioned a while back that it might be possible to remove it by pushing in from the cowl's eye sockets?

Is there no easy way to do this?

Ok, while I didn't do this with the dx12 head, I did successfully remove it with the dx02 head. All I did was use a flat non sharp object, in this case, a nail clipper filer, slowly separated the eye plate from within the cowl. Viola, nothing damaged. But you still need to be careful. Jam it in too much and the filer could potentially stab through the front of the cowl.

Mind you this did not happen with mine nor did it come close... But I carefully inspected every possible bad outcome that may have resulted if I didn't inspect it first. You know the saying, measure twice, cut once. In my case I measured thrice.

Ok, while I didn't do this with the dx12 head, I did successfully remove it with the dx02 head. All I did was use a flat non sharp object, in this case, a nail clipper filer, slowly separated the eye plate from within the cowl. Viola, nothing damaged. But you still need to be careful. Jam it in too much and the filer could potentially stab through the front of the cowl.

Mind you this did not happen with mine nor did it come close... But I carefully inspected every possible bad outcome that may have resulted if I didn't inspect it first. You know the saying, measure twice, cut once. In my case I measured thrice.

I did exactly what you did. Same tools, except, what you said didn't happen to yours, happened to mine. I stabbed through the left eye hole of the cowl, now it's got what looks like claw marks. Not ideal, but it looks kinda battle damaged now, could make it work... I've also ebayed another dx12 head, just to make myself feel better. Lol

What's a fair price for the DX02 Backpack? A friend is offering me his.

Back