HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Me too - preordered my DX12 on August 11. Now due December. At least I can hope that this second batch will have the common QC issues resolved.

Welcome to the boards! :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I have that. It's really puffy and ugly IMO.:panic:

Oh no! I bought it already!

Canadians...CMDstore has this and the Bat Pod in stock now. I wish I kept my pre-order as I ended up paying $30 more simply for my impatience. They have raised the prices since coming in stock though.

Just got my replacement pers head from my local shop, now bats is all good.:yess:

Since adding the squint to my cowl head, I decided to checkout how the new eyes work look with the mouthpieces. Tried them out and wondered why every mouth looked like it was pushed to the right (our left) that's b/c the peg on the back isn't centered!! :gah: looks like another replacement request is coming to SS

Will this fit a TTM18? Also is the TTM18 the right body for the BW head? Thanks for any help on this subject.
brucewaynesuit.jpg

Thats a pretty ugly suit. Material is too thick, cutting is terrible, buttons are a little big, shoes are ugly.

Oh well.. Bruce Wayne DOES become bankrupt in TDKR. It does kinda make sense if you think about it.

Since adding the squint to my cowl head, I decided to checkout how the new eyes work look with the mouthpieces. Tried them out and wondered why every mouth looked like it was pushed to the right (our left) that's b/c the peg on the back isn't centered!! :gah: looks like another replacement request is coming to SS

Haha dude, you've done so many mods, I think you're more than capable of fixing that yourself. The wait for replacement parts could get annoying no?

Haha dude, you've done so many mods, I think you're more than capable of fixing that yourself. The wait for replacement parts could get annoying no?

Haha very true, I could definitely fix it BUT I also think I shaved too much off the back of each one to try and get it to fit right so this will give me the opportunity to have some brand spanking new ones that hopefully fit correctly so I don't have to mod them at all :wink1:

I have my Medi mouth on it right now so the wait won be too bad. SS emailed me back about my replacement box today and said they expect the replacements to come within the first 2 weeks of December so it wouldn't be too bad of a wait

I think this looks good :dunno maybe I'm just not as picky
pic borrowed from ZsaszSays
brucewaynesuit-1.png

Last edited:

Haha very true, I could definitely fix it BUT I also think I shaved too much off the back of each one to try and get it to fit right so this will give me the opportunity to have some brand spanking new ones that hopefully fit correctly so I don't have to mod them at all :wink1:

I have my Medi mouth on it right now so the wait won be too bad. SS emailed me back about my replacement box today and said they expect the replacements to come within the first 2 weeks of December so it wouldn't be too bad of a wait

Question, how do you get replacements if you modded it? I thought replacements are for things stock?

Question, how do you get replacements if you modded it? I thought replacements are for things stock?

Well I never messed with the plug itself b/c I naturally you don't think that's the problem. To the naked eye, they don't look modded. Plus, usually with replacements, you just show them pics of what's wrong, so I'll show them how it's off center in the cowl, then when I get the replacement, they will most likely tell me to take pics of me destroying my first mouthpieces which I will do and problem solved.

Well I never messed with the plug itself b/c I naturally you don't think that's the problem. To the naked eye, they don't look modded. Plus, usually with replacements, you just show them pics of what's wrong, so I'll show them how it's off center in the cowl, then when I get the replacement, they will most likely tell me to take pics of me destroying my first mouthpieces which I will do and problem solved.

Ah gotcha.

Got mine today. Googley eyes aren't an issue in hand. Boots look... bad. The ankles look weirdly skinny, and generally look not great.

THX! Had to post on this page.

Anyone else getting some strange oily substance leaking from the ab area? :lol

Seriously though, the figure is decent, but the cheap plastic armor plates glued to he spandex is a bit disappointing. The edges of the plates are coming up off the spandex... nice attempt, but a good example that miniaturized accuracy is tough to accomplish on a mass production scale(as opposed to a custom - which is why everyone loves the modded figs). I would almost prefer the one piece molded suit of the DX02(bring on the hate ******es!!!) on a mass produced figure... sans the oily abs of course.

Got mine today. Googley eyes aren't an issue in hand. Boots look... bad. The ankles look weirdly skinny, and generally look not great.

It's funny how people have so many different takes on this figure. The googley eyes were a massive issue for me, and had to be modded as they really hurt the likeness. The ankles I had very little issue with (maybe my eye is just not drawn to the feet so much). In any case, that too is an easy fix in terms of bulking it up, just take the boot off and wrap some tape around the lower leg to beef it up.

Earlier I had posted some images of mine with the lforigno velvet cape, and I had said I would post pics once I got the rayon.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5085605#post5085605

Well, I got my lforigno medium length, hero template, rayon cape.
It's so much better than the velvet that I ordered a long Begins one for my Batsuit Begins figure.

TDKRRayon01_zps11b814f5.jpg

TDKRRayon02_zps52c79d85.jpg

DC16_zpsea139a92.jpg

Last edited:

Is there a way to remove the lines off on certain areas around the cowl, meaning the shiny spot that looks like oil. Y'all know what I mean. Or is that normal for some of yall??

Back