Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for colour argument if you really are an accuracy nutt should you not get everything in original fabric colour of the material and then light it and add colour filters to your eyes? Face it matching colours is a nightmare especially when these days nothing is presented in its original perceived way by fine tuning everything postproduction. The purple of the coat looks different throughout the film and promo material, same w his hair so how would you decide then? You pick something you like/prefer and forget about the rest and certainly don't argue about it after you compromised
Either argument is really only half way to me if you have to argue this endlessly cause nobody is wrong but nobody is right either ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

:exactly:

I was just going to paraphrase those words.

I definitely get both sides of this argument. It's come up dozens of times, and every time, I'm torn. I get wanting accuracy to the coat Ledger wore while filming, in promo pics, etc. But at the same time, on-screen Joker did look different.

I more interested in the tailoring than the "perfect or right color" that it is meant to be, which is why I would be happy with Harue's suit. However, I hate the color of that light grey blazer and I think the Joker suit should not be too dark like nearly black or too bright like the DX11 one, not because of screen accuracy though but because those colors look either too dull or too bright. Nevertheless, that is just my personal preference though.

The Two Face figure didn't have little dots all over the side of his face, even though that's what he looked like on set. Or when people pose Bank Robber Joker looking at his watch, etc. Despite the fact that on-screen he wasn't wearing makeup and didn't have green hair until the reveal, unlike the head sculpt.

I don't think anyone here is that nuts, if the mask covers Ledger's face while he is looking at the watch you don't know either way if he is wearing make up or not. I think when people talk about accuracy it is not about what they don't see but know what is true, but rather what they do see, whether they know it is true or not. For example, you can't tell in the film that the Joker is not wearing make up on set in the Bank Robber mask and I did not know that up until now. I would rather have a Bank Robber Joker head sculpt with make up then one without because that flows better with the story. Since he takes off the mask at the end of the scene to show his crazy joker make up, even though I know now he didn't wear make up during that scene till the very end.

Here's my repaint on my spare DX11 Joker head

I copied the paint scheme from the final battle scene from the film

dx11jokerrepaint009.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint008.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint001.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint002.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint010.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint003.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint004.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint007.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint005.jpg

dx11jokerrepaint006.jpg

Well finaly got my processing notice from bbts, so next week i guess.
I was actually hoping i would get this in may since i'm getting charged for the 1/4 endo next week.
I have been waiting for this for so long i don't feel as excited for this as much, i have to have it next to my dx12 though.

Just got my ex from SS. Joker looks good in pics. But even better in person. Such a awesome piece. Next month I finally get my DX 12 Bats.

just a quick question. is it me or does my dx11's legs feel quite limited to movement? it seems that he's standing quite awkwardly and im unable to set the legs further apart.

just a quick question. is it me or does my dx11's legs feel quite limited to movement? it seems that he's standing quite awkwardly and im unable to set the legs further apart.

Hmm, I thought others were having issues with the body earlier in the thread but I think that was more about loose joints. Mine works great except for the ankles. Maybe your TT is just a bit stiff? I've had that problem before. Try undressing him and either heating up the stiff area with a blow dryer or hot water to see if that will loosen it up. If that doesn't work there might be another problem at hand.

No one was home yesterday to sign for it. Gag!!! Now I gotta wait till Monday. Damn!

:lol I hate that.

Two different occasions Alter Ego didn't update their system with my apartment number and I missed a figure. The worse part is that they were both on a Friday. I love getting figures on Fridays because I have the weekend to play with him.

the legs seem to have the usual range of motion for a tt, but i have two dx11 bodies and both have ridiculously tight shoulders (especially the left one).

Nice shots Mag.

The tailoring on this figure is so amazing. Its almost a shame to have the coat and jacket on. The shirt, vest and pants fit that body perfectly.

Yeah, I was surprised at how detailed the vest was when I look off the coat and blazer. It's hard to cover it up. I love the vest.

Got my DX11 on Tuesday but didn't have time to set him up or take pics until last night. Love this figure and the added sculpt and set really give it some value. Has to be the ultimate 1/6 Joker and am now so close to being finished with Nolan's batverse. Here are some quick pics I took last night.

Check out the paint in these two pic. This one especially looks sanded. Interesting seeing all the variations in the paint.

Yeah, I was surprised at how detailed the vest was when I look off the coat and blazer. It's hard to cover it up. I love the vest.

Check out the paint in these two pic. This one especially looks sanded. Interesting seeing all the variations in the paint.

It's all in the lighting.

Lighting has something to do with it but I think that one is much like some of the recent ones we've been seeing. Like deathbyexile's.

I don't think so. I think lighting has most to do with it. Look at these pics again. This was both posted by the same member which means it is the same figure in different lighting.

That bottom one is one of the ones I was talking about. The top one looks like its spruced up a bit. Like at the coat, how vibrant it is.
Its just a paint variation, there's nothing wrong with it. Some have more white and black and other have a more faded/messy looks.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Sideshow sent me a replacement purple coat for my dx11. But I'm struggling to get the stupid coat on him. Should I really remove the grey jacket and then put them both on at once? And how did you guys go about getting the jackets on/off? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I don't want to damage anything while working on the figure. Thanks.

Back