Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEW/OLD
20090511_01e74f3bbc3ab8cd07b5KHh7m6i6ZN3Z.jpg
2009040202ea5b564145916.jpg

Only difference I see is the lighting, it's better in the new photos.

Yeah they just seem alot clearer because they arent as dimly lit. Looking good though, not sure about the mouth pout, i like the BR version better. Is it just me, or do the eyes look brown now?

Yeah they just seem alot clearer because they arent as dimly lit. Looking good though, not sure about the mouth pout, i like the BR version better. Is it just me, or do the eyes look brown now?

looking at the pictures again i would have to agree.

Why am I getting a Rocky/Creed puffed up eye feeling with the newly lit pics?

Because a strong light is hitting his face from below rather than above and to the side like the older pics. Most times, lighting from below is not flattering to any subject, sometimes it can work though, not in this case.

Are you guys sure only difference is the lighting? Look at the black paint drips around the eyes, they don't match the older photo. And there looks to be more paint apps on the forehead and right below the lips. Lighting doesn't do that.

NEW/OLD
20090511_01e74f3bbc3ab8cd07b5KHh7m6i6ZN3Z.jpg
2009040202ea5b564145916.jpg

Only difference I see is the lighting, it's better in the new photos.

does anyone know why the unpainted cop head doesn't have the PERS eyes in it? wouldn't it make sense for both heads to have it instead of just one?

does anyone know why the unpainted cop head doesn't have the PERS eyes in it? wouldn't it make sense for both heads to have it instead of just one?

Not really. It would bump the cost up some and the cop head wouldn't be as useful as the standard make-up head to have the PERS system. He pretty much just looked straight ahead when in the cop uniform.

sorry, I guess I ask for to much, it's already about 190, and isn't the main new feature of the DX line the eyes? this isn't about what was in the movie but principle for me. you only get one of the two heads to feature the PERS? I wonder if this is something we can come to expect from hot toys, two head sculpts with only one of them featuring the eye system. probably only with characters that wear make up or masks is when we will get two heads. I wonder about the DX batman, I'm sure we'll get two heads, do you think only one of them will get the eye treatment?

Last edited:
Batman will probably come with another Bruce head. So I would bet the Batman head would get the PERS and not Bruce.

We still don't know much about the PERS system to begin with. Plus we don't know how well they will work in person. The PERS may suck and the eyes don't stay put and basically ruin the make-up head Joker. But then again, it may just be wonderful. It realy is too early to tell and it sad really that everyone expectes the PERS to be the new standard overnight.

For people looking for a wire, look at the first of the new batch of pics. The coat is wide open and his left hand is clearly not holding it.

jnmx2000 said:
sorry, I guess I ask for to much, this feels pretty cheap to me, it's already about 190, and isn't the main new feature of the DX line the eyes?

:confused: The announcement of the new line didn't say anything about PERS being standard or a specific feature exclusive to the DX line.

jnmx2000 said:
this isn't about what was in the movie but principle for me. you only get one of the two heads to feature the PERS? I wonder if this is something we can come to expect from hot toys, two head sculpts with only one of them featuring the eye system.

You might not even get that. You might just get 1 head with no moveable eyes. Or 2 heads with no moveable eyes. Certain characters/sculpt don't need them and most people would rather not pay extra for something they'll never use.

jnmx2000 said:
I wonder about the DX batman, I'm sure we'll get two heads, do you think only one of them will get the eye treatment?

Doubt it. Unless HT can figure out how to implement PERS into a smooth surface head. Joker has a lot of hair in the back, so the opening to move the eyes isn't as obvious with all the hair and opening blending in. But with a character who's bald, has very short hair or wearing a mask (like the TDK Cowl) it will be pretty hard to blend in that opening without it being apparent. I've seen one Batman figure with moveable eyes (someone modded their Takara Batman) and I'm pretty sure he has to pop the head on and off everytime he wants to adjust the eyes which is pretty inconvienant imo. So we'll see.

Back