Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon joker will be the ultimate villain in The Dark Knight series, who can top heath's performance?? He was sickkkkkkk

mg2986.jpg

Fantastic shot vodoun! :eek He looks so freakin' real!

When i final get my set up the way i want at home i plan to have this guy hanging from a shelf upside down in his whole attire.

100_1511.jpg

100_1507.jpg

And I am in a work in progress with this Nurse joker. Planning on making latex arms sleves that look real to hide the joints. I cut the orginal neck and put on the true type eck. looks much better in my opinion the Hot Toys sculpted the necks too long. Monkey added hair and did a repaint which i may change up a bit. THe nurse outfit is in an experimental process i wont be happy til its the closest to the real thing.

100_1487.jpg

100_1495.jpg

Can you guys see HT rereleasing the DX Joker again as a MM figure minus the pers and extra outfit?

Can you guys see HT rereleasing the DX Joker again as a MM figure minus the pers and extra outfit?

I think we've seen our last HT Ledger Joker. The DX was intended to be the ultimate ... the finale.

If you want one and don't want to shell out the ridiculous price for the DX ... your best bet is probably to get a BR headsculpt, a V1, and a DX Coat.

SnakeDoc

I might be selling my V1 Joker with a DX head on it , IDK if anyone would be interested :dunno

All that would be needed is a DX Over Coat - everything else is basically the same

IF HT is truly done with the HL Joker- man this is gonna hit $1000 on the secondary market in a year or two...

there are too many out there to reach those price points. In an interview HC disclosed that DX01 had the largest release numbers they have ever done... with increasing prices more existing owners will be tempted to sell (especially since many own more than one) so supply will grow the higher the prices go along side faltering demand as it is just madness to pay that much for this figure. You know the rest from ECO101
TDK OC was very limited in release and still after 3yrs+ it has only reached $500ish mint so let's not feed those scalpers

plus if you're going to pay $1000 for a joker, you might as well get your monies worth and just buy the Kato E. set with Kings custom socks and MRM's custom shoes and then get a custom head from a member and you'll probably come out to the same price point.

there are too many out there to reach those price points. In an interview HC disclosed that DX01 had the largest release numbers they have ever done... with increasing prices more existing owners will be tempted to sell (especially since many own more than one) so supply will grow the higher the prices go along side faltering demand as it is just madness to pay that much for this figure. You know the rest from ECO101

Your argument suggests why the price climb might be slower than expected, but that doesn't mean it won't reach a $1000 price point (or higher) in time. The supply is capped, so the price will continue to climb as long a there isn't a better, cheaper Joker option.

TDK OC was very limited in release and still after 3yrs+ it has only reached $500ish mint so let's not feed those scalpers

TDK OC has started selling for quite a bit more - I've seen several sales above the $700 price point.

Additionally, there are many options for a Nolan Batman figure (Batman Begins suit or otherwise), with more to come with TDKR, but there's only one real good manufactured option for the classic clown look from "The Dark Knight." Factor in Heath Ledger's popularity, and you can see why DX01 will naturally reach a higher price than TDK OC.

plus if you're going to pay $1000 for a joker, you might as well get your monies worth and just buy the Kato E. set with Kings custom socks and MRM's custom shoes and then get a custom head from a member and you'll probably come out to the same price point.

By the time the DX01 hits $1,000, the Kato set will not be available from Kato, and you'll probably have to pay considerably more than $1,000 to buy it from a previous owner.

By the time the DX01 hits $1,000, the Kato set will not be available from Kato, and you'll probably have to pay considerably more than $1,000 to buy it from a previous owner.

maybe, but some ppl who unfortunately sold there 1 of 10 BobbyC 1/6 joker sculpts had to sell them for lower than the "rumored" original price b/c they couldn't seem to sell them for the original price, at least that's what it seemed from the consistent price drops in those thread. So maybe the Kato set will be the same. if someone is really trying to sell it, and no one will pay their high price, they will most likely lower the price until a buyer comes along:dunno of course that's all mere speculation with my little to no business education. they could possibly just hold their guns:dunno

maybe, but some ppl who unfortunately sold there 1 of 10 BobbyC 1/6 joker sculpts had to sell them for lower than the "rumored" original price b/c they couldn't seem to sell them for the original price, at least that's what it seemed from the consistent price drops in those thread. So maybe the Kato set will be the same. if someone is really trying to sell it, and no one will pay their high price, they will most likely lower the price until a buyer comes along:dunno of course that's all mere speculation with my little to no business education. they could possibly just hold their guns:dunno

That's a very good point.

However, like the BobbyC heads, the Kato production is so much more limited in number than the DX run. Most people who own the set aren't going to sell it - and those who do will do it very rarely, and could likely limit their sales to within a community like this (only moving to a wider market, like Ebay, if no one here bites).

What that means is, if you're looking for an awesome Heath Ledger Joker, you're bound to find a DX01 for sale at any given point in your search - but you'll only see a Kato set (or BobbyC head) for sale a few times a year, if that. And your chances drop even lower if you're not an active part of a community like this (which I suspect most collectors simply aren't).

So ultimately, you might be right that you might end up being "better off" waiting for a custom set to go for sale once the DX01 hits a high point like $1000. But if you're not an active part of a community like this, or don't want to wait around a year on the off-chance that one of the few owners of such a set decides to part with it, then you're probably going to pick up the DX01 anyway (even if it would've been more expensive then patiently waiting for a custom).

Because of that, the existence of the Kato set and custom heads aren't going to have any real impact on the price of the DX01 now or in the future.

Back