Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was fortunate I got the first version for below retail ..but didn’t hesitate to order this one

I just noticed the new shoulder harness design

I wonder how the collar will come into play in the film

Wrists QC no more and gloves look redone..such a win :yess:

Definitely see this is the newer muscular TT body that’s currently out :clap

The collar stops the mutant genes.

Preordered through Alter Ego. I think I'm at $35 in rewards already after they sent me points for my birthday last weekend, and free shipping. Otherwise I would have gone BBTS.

Hope you guys get your Cable, but Deadpool will be it for me.

I think I'm going for this pose to start with.

12b980cbd0c24d5edeb997703cc39af9.jpg

Preordered and I have the first one. I love the films and character too much. Please God make Cable.

So this is the part I don't understand when it comes to licensing of Fox Marvel Movies so they need approval from each actor as there is no agreement with the Fox the actor still retain the right to use their likeness so Hot Toys potentially has to each out to each actor for approval and discuss royalties or something like that.

So if this is correct Hot Toys managed to reach an agreement with Hugh Jackman to use this likeness and managed to make 4 different Wolverine figures. I just don't understand why that same arrangement could not have been made with all the other actors and what are the chances of us seeing any other figures from this movie because based on the last movie this is one movie figure deal and that is because they by passed that whole process because he wears a mask. So the chances of seeking anybody else from this movie and next to none.

So this is the part I don't understand when it comes to licensing of Fox Marvel Movies so they need approval from each actor as there is no agreement with the Fox the actor still retain the right to use their likeness so Hot Toys potentially has to each out to each actor for approval and discuss royalties or something like that.

So if this is correct Hot Toys managed to reach an agreement with Hugh Jackman to use this likeness and managed to make 4 different Wolverine figures. I just don't understand why that same arrangement could not have been made with all the other actors and what are the chances of us seeing any other figures from this movie because based on the last movie this is one movie figure deal and that is because they by passed that whole process because he wears a mask. So the chances of seeking anybody else from this movie and next to none.

Mask or not they still have to get likeness rights. If an actor is credited as starring as a character legally(more or less) likeness rights attach to that characters depiction, mask or not. There was a lawsuit about this in the 80s where a studio tried to get around likeness rights by using shots of a character that didn’t show the face and a few other shady things. The union sued the studio and it’s been established law since then that if an actor physically portrays a character(and recently it’s mostly accepted of its a digital of the character as welll like Golem) then likeness rights attach.

And there’s no Deadpool movie rights with out Reynolds signing off.

They could have gotten deals with the other X-men actors like they did with Jackman had the actors agreed to it. We have been told by diamond select that Jennifer Lawrence flat said no to any likeness deals. It has been reported that Fassbender and Mcavoy said the same. Jackman is reported to have waived likeness rights for most his fox marvel films to help promote the film and characters. Howard Chan has publicly stated that they need to acquire individual likeness rights for the X-men films and used Mcavoy Prof X from First class as an example.

First quarter next year is the estimate right now but I would say we are going to be getting an early release with this one. Maybe Q4 this year.

Mask or not they still have to get likeness rights. If an actor is credited as starring as a character legally(more or less) likeness rights attach to that characters depiction, mask or not. There was a lawsuit about this in the 80s where a studio tried to get around likeness rights by using shots of a character that didn’t show the face and a few other shady things. The union sued the studio and it’s been established law since then that if an actor physically portrays a character(and recently it’s mostly accepted of its a digital of the character as welll like Golem) then likeness rights attach.

And there’s no Deadpool movie rights with out Reynolds signing off.

They could have gotten deals with the other X-men actors like they did with Jackman had the actors agreed to it. We have been told by diamond select that Jennifer Lawrence flat said no to any likeness deals. It has been reported that Fassbender and Mcavoy said the same. Jackman is reported to have waived likeness rights for most his fox marvel films to help promote the film and characters. Howard Chan has publicly stated that they need to acquire individual likeness rights for the X-men films and used Mcavoy Prof X from First class as an example.

Wasn't one of the first big lawsuits by Crispin Glover in BTTF2? They used molds of his face and what not to make old man George. Also used his picture in the newspaper.

Back