Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a new thing. The last few releases have been like this. Vader, MKIV with Gantry, etc

Sideshow must have complained to HT that they were losing sales due to them having to wait the 3 weeks between, so now HK release has probably been set back a couple of weeks to be more in line with product arriving in the US.

Exact same thing also for Imperial Guard.

Sucks for us in Europe. We lose either way.

Sideshow must have complained to HT that they were losing sales due to them having to wait the 3 weeks between, so now HK release has probably been set back a couple of weeks to be more in line with product arriving in the US.

Exact same thing also for Imperial Guard.

Sucks for us in Europe. We lose either way.

I honestly think it has more to do with people cancelling after seeing HK reviews of some poor products and having weeks until SS gets them and even longer until the other shops get them. I can't see that many ordering overseas and paying more just to get it a few weeks faster. Those people probably already know they're going to order through eBay or elsewhere and don't bother ordering through Sideshow at all.

The only time I would do that is if I could get it for cheaper through eBay coupons. I just got the Boba Fett Deluxe for $30 cheaper than retail with the eBay coupon.

Yeah, in my country(Italy) not many buy directly from SSC because of the certainty of custom fees (around 70€ for a standard HT...).
Maybe with this new trend hk prices could lower a bit and would be very tempting from over here...

had some money on Paypal, bought a Timewalker gift certificate to pay off the Deadpool pre-order, can't wait. Love paying these things off ahead of time.

I just have zero excitement on this one… did not PO him, don't really think that
I am going to pick one up later, unless there is a huge difference in the suit materials.

This was the perfect opportunity to do a burned Wade Wilson head, and they did really nothing to upsell this guy
for those of us that have the original. Kind of a shame… :(

I just have zero excitement on this one… did not PO him, don't really think that
I am going to pick one up later, unless there is a huge difference in the suit materials.

This was the perfect opportunity to do a burned Wade Wilson head, and they did really nothing to upsell this guy
for those of us that have the original. Kind of a shame… :(

Well it's exciting for everyone who missed the first release. But otherwise yeah the extras (especially the heels) are minimal.

Well it's exciting for everyone who missed the first release. But otherwise yeah the extras (especially the heels) are minimal.

Yeah...I don't plan on ever using those heels, but, hey, new accessory...cool...I guess?

They can never win, it’s like that book “If you give a mouse a cookie”. They include the wig and you’ll have people complaining they didn’t include the trench coat he was wearing and the pole he was spinning on.

I’m just excited for the trainee jersey. Definitely displaying him wearing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ The heels by themselves are pointless, it's as simple as that. No one said anything about a trench coat and pole. I am not a fan of HT including pointless accessories that just sit in the box and never get used.

^ The heels by themselves are pointless, it's as simple as that. No one said anything about a trench coat and pole. I am not a fan of HT including pointless accessories that just sit in the box and never get used.

I think his point was that had they included what was being asked for (the wig) then people would find something else to ask for or complain about. Always happens. People will ask for something pre tease or release, it turns out to be included and those same people complain something else isn’t included. Hence him saying they can’t win.

I think his point was that had they included what was being asked for (the wig) then people would find something else to ask for or complain about. Always happens. People will ask for something pre tease or release, it turns out to be included and those same people complain something else isn’t included. Hence him saying they can’t win.

Nah, not true. HT can't win because they are including pointless accessories, which is why people are complaining. The general consensus seems to be that the unmasked head sculpt was what they wanted...what they got instead was a useless pair of heels (that had a fraction of a fraction of screen time).

I'd say people are justified to complain about a 2.0 release that didn't really up the game. At least with Dr. Strange 2.0 (a gloried re-release), it at least comes with an amazing improved upon head sculpt.

Nah, not true. HT can't win because they are including pointless accessories, which is why people are complaining. The general consensus seems to be that the unmasked head sculpt was what they wanted...what they got instead was a useless pair of heels (that had a fraction of a fraction of screen time).

I'd say people are justified to complain about a 2.0 release that didn't really up the game. At least with Dr. Strange 2.0 (a gloried re-release), it at least comes with an amazing improved upon head sculpt.

It is true. There wasn’t a trade off that they gave us shoes instead of a head. And go back and look at the first Deadpool thread. People asking for just a straight reissue so they didn’t have to pay secondary prices, or people asking for it just to piss off the resellers. Some of those same people complain that the thing they asked for exactly and got wasn’t enough.

If they had included a wade head people would have found something else to complain they didn’t get. It happens every release. Every single one. People used to complain the bases where to plain. Now when there’s a dio base people complain it’s not a crotch grabber. If it’s a new head they complain it’s not as good as the last. When they include two sets of arms and removable eye patch with new weapon people complain they want a Thor with a hammer.

There are a couple good 3rd party headscuplts for DP. floating around. So for me anyway them not including a HS was not an issue. Dr strange is more what hairstyle you like besides that they look equal in my eyes.

This man speaks the truth. I don't ask much from HT, just a good quality product and useful accessories. I don't like half attempts, if they want to give us the shoes then please gives us something to go with those shoes. I will have to look into 3rd party wade hs i guess. I won't complain about it anymore though as i know HT will not be adding anything to the figure.

This man speaks the truth. I don't ask much from HT, just a good quality product and useful accessories. I don't like half attempts, if they want to give us the shoes then please gives us something to go with those shoes. I will have to look into 3rd party wade hs i guess. I won't complain about it anymore though as i know HT will not be adding anything to the figure.

CollectorGuy gets it! Glad to see some people are on the same page. :hi5:

Back