1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I understand why they didn't include a flight stand with this guy, it would definitely tip over. But the stand he has is woefully insecure for the weight. I prefer to use a short dynamic stand, like the one that comes with baby Groot, that gives the stability it needs. I love the clamp that came with Mk 7 (waist/crotch) All the diecast should have that. I don't like it free standing cause its so heavy i feel a faceplant on a table might damage something, let alone a shelf dive.

I somewhat wish for those who would want to display this figure flying, maybe HT should've included one of those heavy, diorama style bases to make it secure, IMO.

A few pictures of this amazing head sculpt. :cool:

I really need to invest in some kind of iPhone 11 holder because my hands always shake...making it very hard to snap a clear phicture. That one picture of him that came out blurry is again a raid I need some kind of iPhone holder. any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 3D757B29-68DD-4DC9-AFC7-68F0CF98FC6C.jpg
    3D757B29-68DD-4DC9-AFC7-68F0CF98FC6C.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 566
  • B7149742-21D9-442F-ACD6-F2963967D6DE.jpg
    B7149742-21D9-442F-ACD6-F2963967D6DE.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 563
  • DFDE5CE5-72C7-43DE-B655-A08CBBAFB9DA.jpg
    DFDE5CE5-72C7-43DE-B655-A08CBBAFB9DA.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
A few pictures of this amazing head sculpt. :cool:

I really need to invest in some kind of iPhone 11 holder because my hands always shake...making it very hard to snap a clear phicture. That one picture of him that came out blurry is again a raid I need some kind of iPhone holder. any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Great pics maybe I will display him that way for a while. Can't help with tripod my photos usually grainy anyway 'coz I try for a sort of dark light effect and my phone just can't handle.:cool:

After this, the WM Mk. 3, the Diecast WM Mk. 1 and the recent Punisher Machine, I had to cancel the WM Mk. 6. In my opinion, it was such a downgrade, has no accessories, shoulder gun is terrible looking, mono-boob chest and missed out on accuracy (just barely, but some panels weren?t the correct colors and there are LED?s missing from torso and legs). Besides, Mk. 4 is used in the beginning of Endgame so it works for that movie, combined with the upcoming IP Mk. 2, I won?t feel like I?ve missed much if anything.

It?s a strange thing for me to pass on any armors from HT?s but the collection is becoming too unwieldy so I?m trying to be more selective therefore I had to skip that mainly because the others are so gorgeous and the off chance they might do a team suit Mk. 6 color variant (the prototype shown in Toy Sapiens in Japan is incredible). Another factor in that decision was the IP Mk. 2 Prototype looking so damn beastly. I?ve recently seen some decent pictures from the sides and back which shows the mounting for that huge gun turret and wow, it?s got a hardcore hydraulic look.

Question: would the EG WM Mk. 6 Teamsuit version temp anyone who decided to pass on the standard version?

Attachments

• 89A1FDD6-71F1-4A04-B031-4F2069B18CB2.jpeg
    89A1FDD6-71F1-4A04-B031-4F2069B18CB2.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 512
After geeksgiving I?m going to order this guy. If the normal edition costs the same as the special edition with the different base, why is the normal one sold out?

After geeksgiving I?m going to order this guy. If the normal edition costs the same as the special edition with the different base, why is the normal one sold out?

Sideshow probably had less of them since they're the only ones that sell exclusives, and I'm sure some people just buy the regular one by accident.

I went ahead and just bought the exclusive with Sideshows free shipping and extra $70 off in Sideshow rewards. He came in yesterday (fastest I have ever received something from SS) and this dude is a beast. I love him. The digital camo does not hit you in the face in hand but in photos it shows up more because of the flash. Stunning figure. My very first War Machine in the collection and I feel I got the one to have.
6d9b0c4e66a56fbf47cf1579efa8bb67.jpg

Yes I also picked up the Mark 43 - reissue while the free shipping was going on.

612724b4f9a9a3fb5f73d2061cc867bf.jpg

7e0a97e5978ac49b81e827a3d0f55d05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead and just bought the exclusive with Sideshows free shipping and extra $70 off in Sideshow rewards. He came in yesterday (fastest I have ever received something from SS) and this dude is a beast. I love him. The digital camo does not hit you in the face in hand but in photos it shows up more because of the flash. Stunning figure. My very first War Machine in the collection and I feel I got the one to have.
6d9b0c4e66a56fbf47cf1579efa8bb67.jpg

Yes I also picked up the Mark 43 - reissue while the free shipping was going on.

612724b4f9a9a3fb5f73d2061cc867bf.jpg

7e0a97e5978ac49b81e827a3d0f55d05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've went back and forth on ordering the mk 4 but ended up settling for eg iron patriot. This is my favorite armor they have released so far though.

My favorite WM armor. I think I even like it better than the original. The mark 6 is too plain and showed up for 5 seconds. I'm on the fence about the Endgame Iron Patriot, the proportions look a little silly.

My favorite WM armor. I think I even like it better than the original. The mark 6 is too plain and showed up for 5 seconds. I'm on the fence about the Endgame Iron Patriot, the proportions look a little silly.

Asgardian Ruler, yes, I?m feeling about the same but really when it comes to the ?big 3? (Mk. I, III & IV) I?d be hard pressed to actually pick a favorite. I have NEVER passed on HT?s armors that were within reach over the past decade plus but that IM Mk. IV thing (I don?t even know, or want to know what to call it) and the WM Mk VI were just so easy to say no. I NEVER say no, I mean I never have (minus the GMG Mk. III and a couple of those bank account figures). If they had finished the HPP line, I?d have bought them all and am still very disappointed in the omission of Jack (I love my Disco and Jack was teased in Disco?s pictures). The other 2 that almost brought me to tears were Nightclub and Piston (Romeo was up there too with its Tank/HB chest RT with a heart shaped surrounding & thighs, BS/SC calves, feet & forearms and a Mk. VII abdomen section, shoulders & biceps, of course they needed to make Nightclub as it looks very much like Romeo has the same helmet).

But this is not about HPP, it?s about the recent WM stuff and how they seemed to make some ?wrong turns?. I?d have made the Mk. VI the IP 2.0 so it would match the boring IP 1.0 (actually that?s not completely fair, obviously I feel the Mk. XXII, Hot Rod was the best rendition of all 4 variants but the IP was (at least to me) much better looking than that IM3 WM Mk. II which was thankfully repainted with a darker and more ?mature? color scheme for AoU WM Mk. II. The IP 2.0 would have looked so good in the WM colors and I even found a nice chop of it in the team suit colors that didn?t look so terrible either. Of course that?s a MCU decision not a HT decision but I?ll be 100% clear on this one, as I?ve said that I buy almost every armor, passing on one says something and had they released the team suit WM Mk. VI, I?d have been into that hands down. Would it have cracked the top 3 WM?s, NOT A CHANCE, but I?d own a version instead of just passing.

The OG is so great and mechanical and angular and was THE tank until Mk. IV but it is still so nicely designed especially when looking at it from the perspective that it was originally the IM Mk. II all bulked, kitted and weaponized (hit him with the ex-wife)! And the Mk. III was clearly bulked up to help alleviate the problem with the slimmer Mk. II while still showing the ?trickle down effect? from the bleeding edge (pun intended) armors worn by Tony while the Mk. IV was clearly Tony going overboard with trying to keep his beat buddy safe, armed up (in every direction) with legs that were especially designed to accept Rhodes leg prosthesis. All 3 of them are keepers in different but special ways and tell great stories.

With the end of IM, most people, including myself, expect reissues, repaints (perhaps some select HPP suits, Mk. XXI is technically one of them) a focus on Iron Heart and I?m hoping some secret WM projects will come out of the wood work. Personally, I?m stoked for what?s to come because how many more red/gold/silver suits do we really want (well I guess that?s a dumb question because they could make 100 more and I?d bet they would look pretty awesome)!

Attachments

• 81758DF8-50CC-4B82-8C94-B1E36506D6FD.jpeg
    81758DF8-50CC-4B82-8C94-B1E36506D6FD.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 318
  • F3AEDF6F-9C4C-41DA-BDAA-8F1E6F9F7A35.jpeg
    F3AEDF6F-9C4C-41DA-BDAA-8F1E6F9F7A35.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 302
Hi guys. I?ve just gotten the figure, and I was playing around with it, putting it into some extreme poses, but now there?s a ton of scratches here. I didn?t even notice it while I was posing him around, didn?t think that the shoulder piece would scratch it so much. Anyone know of a paint color that?s close to this?
cbaf1ef4899dc870f392d73c1a70640e.jpg

Ugh that really sucks. Need to watch those areas where things make contact. I'm not a painter but someone on here hopefully should be able to point you in the right direction.

Back